No announcement yet.

JWH and Marschke charged.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It’s good to know that you’re allowed to kick people twice in one week and not miss a game

Comment

marschke pleading guilty.
      jwh fighting it. jwh will want to get off - i think there's a limit on how many fines you can pay in a season before you start missing matches for minor offences

Comment

jwh won at the judiciary

Comment

Originally posted by zac View Post
          jwh won at the judiciary
          Yep, great news. Liu not charged and the JWH penalty was a crock. Add on Ikuvalu's strip and maaaate... sorry Cummins but you had a bit of a barry, ay.

Comment

Originally posted by BenCumminsIsACheat View Post
            It’s good to know that you’re allowed to kick people twice in one week and not miss a game
            It's now OK to trip and I called it a few weeks ago that it was a safer way to do a low tackle. Last week Api Korisau tripped Johnson in which it connected and brought him down and all Api got was a fine. A couple of years ago JWH copped a weeks suspension for a trip that didn't do as much. So if it's the last minute of the game and the scores are tied and Cleary makes a break and is going to score a try, Teddy, just stick your leg out and bring him down....it's only $1500 these days and no concussion problems...

Comment

Originally posted by Frozen Chook View Post

Actually Dice I had the same thoughts as you about that tackle
              That tackle should be looked at for sure and i have seen an increase in these - ball carriers arms pinned and driven into the ground by 2 defenders as there no way the ball carrier can brace themselves for the contact with the ground.

Walker was lucky if you can say this that his shoulder and not his head made contact with the ground - I put that type of tackle in the same category as head slam , back slam and third defender attacking the ribs of the ball carrier tackles which should be dealt with on the field - penalty/on report / sin bin or send off.

In my mind that tackle on Walker was deliberate same as the head slam and the third defender attacking the ribs tackles on Keary.

There a lot more tackles than just the defender contacting the head or neck of the ball carrier to eradicate from the game - i have also noticed an increase in head locks which are pretty dangerous as well.

I think a Penrith player was penalised for one in either the Tigers or Sharks game ?

If a defender can be penalised/ put on report/sin binned/sent off for making contacting with a ball carriers head or neck why then can a defender put a head lock on a ball carrier and it not be deemed as making contacting with the neck as well?
              Last edited by King Salvo; 06-16-2021, 12:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ROC181 View Post

It's now OK to trip and I called it a few weeks ago that it was a safer way to do a low tackle. Last week Api Korisau tripped Johnson in which it connected and brought him down and all Api got was a fine. A couple of years ago JWH copped a weeks suspension for a trip that didn't do as much. So if it's the last minute of the game and the scores are tied and Cleary makes a break and is going to score a try, Teddy, just stick your leg out and bring him down....it's only $1500 these days and no concussion problems...
                I seem to recall JWH was on report 2 weeks in a row for tripping - first trip he got off and the second one next game he was suspended.

The old days the player was sent off for a trip.

Comment

Originally posted by King Salvo View Post

That tackle should be looked at for sure and i have seen an increase in these - ball carriers arms pinned and driven into the ground by 2 defenders as there no way the ball carrier can brace themselves for the contact with the ground.

Walker was lucky if you can say this that his shoulder and not his head made contact with the ground - I put that type of tackle in the same category as head slam , back slam and third defender attacking the ribs of the ball carrier tackles which should be dealt with on the field - penalty and sin bin or send off.

In my mind that tackle on Walker was deliberate same as the head slam and the third defender attacking the ribs tackle on Keary
                  Those are the ones you should be making noise about. It was the Storm driving Cordner backwards into the ground that very seriously concussed him. These are easily preventable by calling held as soon as momentum has stopped. Current interpretation is to either let the play go on, or to call held and still give the defenders a few seconds to drive them backwards another 5 metres and into the ground. It is ridiculous.

Comment

Putting your leg out doesn’t mean your trying to trip someone, if the guy actually falls
                    over then that’s a trip.

Comment

Originally posted by Mickie Lane View Post
                      Putting your leg out doesn’t mean your trying to trip someone, if the guy actually falls
                      over then that’s a trip.
                      Then Korisau tripped Johnson on Friday as it connected and brought him down and he copped a $1150 fine...I think Josh Kerr from the Saints copped 1 or 2 weeks for tripping Keary last year as he was about to score.

Comment

I think Keighran will be hard to dislodge from the starting line up.
                        Born and bred in the eastern suburbs.

Comment

Originally posted by King Salvo View Post

Walker was lucky if you can say this that his shoulder and not his head made contact with the ground - I put that type of tackle in the same category as head slam , back slam and third defender attacking the ribs of the ball carrier tackles which should be dealt with on the field - penalty/on report / sin bin or send off.

In my mind that tackle on Walker was deliberate same as the head slam and the third defender attacking the ribs tackles on Keary.

There a lot more tackles than just the defender contacting the head or neck of the ball carrier to eradicate from the game - i have also noticed an increase in head locks which are pretty dangerous as well.

I think a Penrith player was penalised for one in either the Tigers or Sharks game ?

If a defender can be penalised/ put on report/sin binned/sent off for making contacting with a ball carriers head or neck why then can a defender put a head lock on a ball carrier and it not be deemed as making contacting with the neck as well?
                          Something like the rule that applies in the NFL?

"When tackling a passer who is in a virtually defenseless posture, a defensive player must not unnecessarily or violently throw him down and land on top of him with all or most of the defender's weight. Instead, the defensive player must strive to wrap up or cradle the passer with the defensive player's arms."

Comment

Working...
                          X