Dictatorial authority of the NRL turning them into bullies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by player 1 View Post

Is it possible to be literally bored to death by someone?

You make me worry.
    I hit the like button.
    FVCK CANCER

Comment

Originally posted by dice View Post
      NRL player poll the biggest issue was interpretation of the rules. Last week 16 players representing all 16 teams unanimously condemned PVL's handling of rule changes. A recent fan poll showed 75% of fans preferred the game as it was in 2019.

The tide has turned... except for the 3 fans who live in a parallel universe where PVL's critics are idiots in the 0.1% minority.
      Can you post the link to the polls you mentioned though?

A lot of people didn't like the way the game was played prior to 2020- amount of penalties/stop start nature of games/time wasting and the reduced time the ball was in play during games.

16 players only - there are 480 at least NRL contracted players let alone the Reggies and Under 21 players ,Women players, Ron Massey Cup. Sydney Shield players who also play under these rules.

Trouble with NRL players is they only think about themselves and not the game as like the above players in those comps they are only the current custodians of the game.

If it is said fans preferred the way the game was played in 2019 - were their options on what they don't like about the game though or just a question with a yes or no response?.

NRL fans poll from 2019 clearly showed fans wanted the sin bin used for foul play and in the 2020 fans poll fans were clearly in agreement with the introduction of the six again -set restart being a positive addition.

2019 NRL Fan poll

24 SIN BINS

Should sin bins be used for foul play?
      • Yes 88%
      • No8%
      • Don't Care 4%
      https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/08/08/...he-big-issues/

2020 NRL Fan poll

29. Do you believe the NRL's new six-again rule is a positive addition to the sport?
      • Yes 82%
      • No 16%
      • Don't care 3%
      https://www.nrl.com/about-us/2020-nrl-fans-poll/

Last edited by King Salvo; 06-14-2021, 02:54 PM.

Comment

A player representative from each of the 16 teams = 100% of teams unhappy.

I have no doubts the majority of fans thought it was a good idea at the time. They are not so happy with the tier 2 competition that has eventuated with the majority of games decided well before half time.

The players criticising rules in 2021 player poll will be publicly released shortly. I heard it being discussed by Sterlo as the #1 player concern.

Comment

Meanwhile over in NBA playoffs the newly crowned MVP, Serbian Nikola Jokic, was sent off for this. Many players disagreed with the call. Let me know what you think.

Interestingly, the NBA have a rule for ‘flopping’ where the defender feigns impact or injury which can result in a technical foul or post game fine.

It’s not just the league world gone mad.

..it’ll be interesting to see

Comment

Here is the rest of the player poll. NRL player poll part 2: The answers to the biggest issues in the game (smh.com.au)

- 69% of players disagree with the use of the sin-bin
            - Biggest issues in the game are the Rules and Judiciary ahead of Concussion and Referees
            - 81% believe too many rule changes
            - NRL administration below average rating.
            - Referees below average rating
            - 75% believe fines and suspensions are unfair
            - 78% believe the judiciary process is unfair

And what is interesting is that 65% of players still agree with the six-again. IMO that implies their gripe is specifically with the latest crackdown.

Comment

Originally posted by The Skeez View Post
              Meanwhile over in NBA playoffs the newly crowned MVP, Serbian Nikola Jokic, was sent off for this. Many players disagreed with the call. Let me know what you think.

Interestingly, the NBA have a rule for ‘flopping’ where the defender feigns impact or injury which can result in a technical foul or post game fine.

It’s not just the league world gone mad.
              Geez I copped worse in my driveway when everyone came over to play ball. I can't see contact with the face, to me old mate on the ground is emulating tinytinocat from the weekend. Sad that the commentators reckoned he made contact, I can't see it.

Basketball may not primarily be a contact sport, but some big bodies out there.

Comment

I didn’t watch all of NRL 360 to hear that slurry, baby talking Paul Kent spew his usual crap. But I know he was barely coherent. How can someone that annunciates so poorly be a tv presenter? What a useless silly little moron. Stick to calling boxing where there are no concussions - oh wait….You are a first class fool. And to then run a story linking the crackdown on high tackles to Boyd Cordner’s retirement is a cheap stunt, by a cretin. The fact that the final blow for Cordner was an elbow from that dog Kafusi while making a tackle - and nothing to do with a high tackle - is not relevant to Kent as it doesn’t suit his narrative. His irrational support for PVL suggests something much more sinister here. Clearly there is a quid pro quo deal here. Well Kent, the fans who you literally call stupid in your article are much smarter and astute than you’ll ever be. So shut up you Cindy Brady sounding baby.
                Last edited by Grant Hedger; 06-14-2021, 10:50 PM.

Comment

And over in the AFL this incident didn’t attract an on field penalty at the time.

Comment

An article on the above challenge. Erudite and balanced.

The AFL are also grappling with change to the ‘fabric of the game’.
                    Is it really possible for the AFL to eradicate all high contact injuries without fundamentally changing the game?

Comment

Roosters chairman Nick Politis said Cordner’s call would again highlight to players the seriousness of concussion.

“It’s a big issue now,” Politis said. “We’re learning more and more about concussion and it’s going to be in a lot of peoples’ minds. What the league is doing [with the edict on head and neck contact] is the right way to go, now it’s about fine tuning it.

“It’s a sad day, but I think he made the right decision. We were all very emotional, but we half expected it was going to come. He’s been struggling a bit mentally. What else can you ask from him? He’s a beautiful guy, we love him and he will be part of our family for many, many years to come.”

Comment

Originally posted by dice View Post
                        Here is the rest of the player poll. NRL player poll part 2: The answers to the biggest issues in the game (smh.com.au)

- 69% of players disagree with the use of the sin-bin
                        - Biggest issues in the game are the Rules and Judiciary ahead of Concussion and Referees
                        - 81% believe too many rule changes
                        - NRL administration below average rating.
                        - Referees below average rating
                        - 75% believe fines and suspensions are unfair
                        - 78% believe the judiciary process is unfair

And what is interesting is that 65% of players still agree with the six-again. IMO that implies their gripe is specifically with the latest crackdown.
                        Players and Coaches should have no involvement in the rules process as they can advocate for rules they can manipulate and sadly that has been the case to the detriment of the game with the third defender and the catch and hold nonsense which only encouraged the use of wrestling/judo and jiu-jitsu techniques.

i.e such tackles as the chicken wing/prowler/hip drop/cannon ball/rolling pin/head slam /back slam and other ones where the players arms are pinned and they are driven into the ground - Walker copped one vs Titans and luckily his shoulder made contact with the ground and not his head as he had no way to brace himself and some others where the 2 defenders pull the ball carrier backwards over the third defender who is holding the ball carriers lower legs, head locks etc etc

Oh we can't stop teams scoring so we need to do this - what a load of bollocks- the wrestling/judo/jiu -jitsu techniques is a major stain on the game.

Quite easy though not to be on report or charged by the MRC - don't commit foul play or misconduct

People will say what about the accidental or incidental contact when the arm hit's the ball or shoulder and bounces up and hit the ball carrier in the head - mmm what happens if the player does this week after week after week - is it still accidental then?

Great to hear that both Boyd Cordner and Nick Politis support what the NRL are doing though
                        Last edited by King Salvo; 06-15-2021, 12:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by King Salvo View Post

Players and Coaches should have no involvement in the rules process as they can advocate for rules they can manipulate and sadly that has been the case to the detriment of the game with the third defender and the catch and hold nonsense which only encouraged the use of wrestling/judo and jiu-jitsu techniques.

i.e such tackles as the chicken wing/prowler/hip drop/cannon ball/rolling pin/head slam /back slam and other ones where the players arms are pinned and they are driven into the ground - Walker copped one vs Titans and luckily his shoulder made contact with the ground and not his head as he had no way to brace himself and some others where the 2 defenders pull the ball carrier backwards over the third defender who is holding the ball carriers lower legs, head locks etc etc

Oh we can't stop teams scoring so we need to do this - what a load of bollocks- the wrestling/judo/jiu -jitsu techniques is a major stain on the game.

Quite easy though not to be on report or charged by the MRC - don't commit foul play or misconduct

People will say what about the accidental or incidental contact when the arm hit's the ball or shoulder and bounces up and hit the ball carrier in the head - mmm what happens if the player does this week after week after week - is it still accidental then?

Great to hear that both Boyd Cordner and Nick Politis support what the NRL are doing though
                          Yet you conveniently forgot to add that he said it needs “ fine tuning” as well. So selective

Comment

Originally posted by King Salvo View Post

Players and Coaches should have no involvement in the rules process

You finally acknowledge it is not the minority of players and shifted your narrative from NRL not pandering to the minority to supporting dictator PVL slapping everyone out the way. The good news is the constitution gives 16 clubs the power to sack PVL. That was the whole point of 16 teams unanimously condemning PVL's "no consultation" approach. It was a warning shot that he had better change his attitude or they will make moves to remove him.

Again conflating foul play with legal tackles.

You should tell Robbo to hire you as defensive coach. Tell him Radley, Friend, Cordner tackling technique all wrong. I suspect the conversation will go something like this:

Last edited by dice; 06-15-2021, 01:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by player 1 View Post

Is it possible to be literally bored to death by someone?

You make me worry.
                              Nice one Doc Snooze
                              Last edited by Dr. Voodoo Man; 06-15-2021, 02:20 PM.

Comment

[QUOTE=roosterchook;These heavy handed tactics would be at home in Russia, North Korea or Iran but this is Australia the land of the free and fair.

See, this is a political comment that serves to present a ridiculous claim as a truism to those who'd believe anything because they're totally unconcerned to look for truth and would much rather send their kids off to some US military adventure without quibble. And you forgot China after Scummo had gone all the way to Cornwall to enlist support for our ludicrous and dishonest anti China position and failed. Australia is no paragon to be sure.

"Australia the land of the free and fair." - more rubbish! Try telling that to Bernard Collaery who blew the whistle on the bugging of the Timor L'este government (the poorest nation on the globe) for advantage. Bernie is still waiting for his secret trial. Try telling it to workplace injury victims whose Compensation was ripped off by ICare,. Try the Robodebt victims. Try those detained for years now for the "crime" of seeking asylum. Try Brittany Higgins whose rape allegations have drifted away from the public gaze since a connection was made between the alleged rapist and Jen and the Hillsong contingent. I can add a truck load of other examples like awarding the VC to a shameful murderer and on and on.

Comment

Working...
                                X