A year to remember

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rented tracksuit View Post
    Definitely a year to forget but moments to remember.
    That's about it

Comment

been a helluva year so far but it's not finished and we're due for some luck

Comment

Originally posted by Thirteen View Post
        My kids asked me the other day which of my years as a supporter has been the best. Of course I told them the premiership years but I also said this year has also been a great year. There is little expectation of us winning the competition but the resilience and spirit shown by the side, as well as the experience the younger guys are getting earlier than expected will be invaluable in the future.

Can’t wait for Penrith on Friday night.

​​​​​​​Go Roosters!
        Completely agree. I said virtually the same thing to my son. We get to sit back and watch the development of the squad without any expectation. Strap in and enjoy.

Comment

we're still a realistic chance of making the prelim but now's not the time to get ahead of ourselves but, one way or the other, there will be a few roosters there on gf day

Comment

Sad about the retirees and injuries. But over all I am enjoying watching us play and seeing these younger inexperienced players who seem to be be fitting in well with the winning culture at this club. I don’t expect to win it for me with what’s happened I will be proud of the team shoukd they make the finals. Even prouder if we win a game in the finals and overjoyed if we get as far as to be playing for a spot in the grand final. No club could cope with what we have had thrown at us.
            We used to have empires run by emperors. Then we had kingdoms run by kings.
            Now we have countries run by ………

Comment

tall order ....of late we just dont seem to be able to beat any of the top4 teams. We would have to do that 3 weeks in a row in the semis to win the thing. When we're up against the big teams ...seems that's when our discipline goes out the window. We certainly have the talent to do it, but our players need to have their heads switched on.

Comment

My kids asked me the other day which of my years as a supporter has been the best. Of course I told them the premiership years but I also said this year has also been a great year. There is little expectation of us winning the competition but the resilience and spirit shown by the side, as well as the experience the younger guys are getting earlier than expected will be invaluable in the future.

Go Roosters!
                I was loving seeing us play until that Newcastle game. That took the wind out of my sails.

That doesn’t mean I’m not proud as hell of them.

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkeye View Post
                  tall order ....of late we just dont seem to be able to beat any of the top4 teams. We would have to do that 3 weeks in a row in the semis to win the thing. When we're up against the big teams ...seems that's when our discipline goes out the window. We certainly have the talent to do it, but our players need to have their heads switched on.
                  The rort makes it near impossible with half our team out. I mean the titans are that shit, but still nearly won. I reckon the Eels can't maintain top four so they are our only real chance to leapfrog.

Comment

​​​​​​​Go Roosters!
                    It was the best of times, it was the worst of times..

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkeye View Post
                      I don't watch enough games or know enough about the tactics to see why the Drizz and Riff are so dominant. However, the divide's definitely there... ay!

IMO our dilemma is that:
                      - We lack the discipline to give ourselves a shot at the current top-4. They will all certainly win the penalty count 10-0, dominate possession and then beat us by ~10 points.
                      - If we focus on discipline too much, we'll lose 50-0 and won't be in the contest.
                      - The top-2 simply don't lose (although the Pamfers have been weak during Origin), so our only way to jump them is to beat them.
                      - When Souffs and Parra have lost games, we've done stupid shyte like losing to Brisbane.
                      - We're stuck in this cycle and don't seem to be able to break it. I mean, wins against Pemriff and the Drizz would massively shake it up!

I really do hope that Robbo can get us outta this rut. However, he's sounding really frustrated by the rule changes. IMO they've upset our dominance and we're still yet to crack the code.

With B2B games against top-2 teams, I really hope that we beat at least one of them! The Panthers in particular are beatable IMO. I'm not the tactician but they struggle when players are out, suggesting that 2 or 3 dudes make a big difference. I hope we give 'em a run for their money this weekend...

Comment

This is our cross to bear. Adversity maketh a man.

Comment

Working...
                        X