Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where will the Roosters spend their new cap cash?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We need fresh blood in mid-career. Not sure about Brandon Smith though. Our track record with pissheads isn’t great

Comment

If you believe Kent tonight on NRL360 he reckons we don’t have much money left over. Some players already on upgrades for next year and the cap being reduced. Take it or leave it when Kent is involved.

Comment

Re-sign players coming off contract plus the Volkster/Jordan Swann/ Vuate Karawalevu from the Silktails (playing Jersey Flegg) /Benny M and lock a host of other youngsters up too - Sandon Smith/Nick Fenton/Tyler Moriarty/ Joshua Wong etc

Comment

Originally posted by Tennessee Tornado View Post
          I don't think Jake was signed for 2022 hence no impact on cap for next year
          Soward suggested that there's salary cap relief available for them. I dunno how it works, but these medical retirements seem to expand your cap for the next year rather than helping you right away.

Obviously we don't want unsustainable cap pressure, but I reckon we will have a war chest for 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by Tennessee Tornado View Post
            I don't think Jake was signed for 2022 hence no impact on cap for next year
            Money may have been set aside for him though as he was on wait and see year by year contract agreement - So that maybe available if not already allocated for 2022

The revised CBA will see clubs operate to a $9.02 million cap this season (2021) – down from $9.6 million under the original agreement, and $9.11 million in 2022 – dropping from a planned $9.7 million.

Comment

Originally posted by ism22 View Post

Soward suggested that there's salary cap relief available for them. I dunno how it works, but these medical retirements seem to expand your cap for the next year rather than helping you right away.

Obviously we don't want unsustainable cap pressure, but I reckon we will have a war chest for 2022.
              Usually for approved Medical retirements it is only available if a player has a contract for the following year or years i.e if Boyd Cordner's medical retirement is approved the Chooks will have his 2022 and 2023 contract available to spend on re-signing/upgrading or signing new players - Boyd will still be paid his 2022/2023 money but this payment will not be included under the cap for either of those years.

In relation to Boyd's contract for this year though i understand the Chooks will request that his medical retirement is backdated as he didn't play so his full contract for this year 2021 wont be included in the cap as his injury resulting in his retirement was in SOO1 2020 - he will still be paid but the payment wont be included in this years cap the same as for 2022/23 as mentioned above.

So the Chooks may have the full 700k or 750k available and not just the 350k rep footy injury cap relief.

I understand clubs can carry over unused cap funds from one year to other years - not a case of if you don't use it you lose it.

The 2022 salary cap is 9.11 million down from 9.7 - so 600 k or there about's less
              Last edited by King Salvo; 06-16-2021, 12:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by fletch View Post

Yep both Friend and JMoz were off contract at the end of 2021 so their retirements doesn't open any extra cap space in 2022, what it does is stop the need for any salary cap shuffling had either/both of them played on in 2022.
                Not sure I follow with this logic, are you suggesting the Roosters had already exhausted their 2022 cap before re-signing Jake Friend. I find that hard to believe.

Comment

Just mentioned on fox that TPJ has been given permission to leave the broncos as early as next week.

Any takers?

Comment

Originally posted by milanja View Post
                    Just mentioned on fox that TPJ has been given permission to leave the broncos as early as next week.

Any takers?
                    He is a monster that needs to have a great coach to direct him the right way... I’d take him.
                    My Roosters Channel - youtube.com/IRoostermanI
                    My Gaming Channel - youtube.com/xIVERTiiGOIx

Comment

Any takers?
                      Last year Robbo said TPJ would never be a Rooster. It will be an interesting change of sentiment.

Comment

Any takers?
                        It will be a no from most on here....but it's a big farking yes from me. He has been coached.by absolute hacks the last few years,imagine him under Robbo !!!

Comment

Originally posted by dice View Post

Last year Robbo said TPJ would never be a Rooster. It will be an interesting change of sentiment.
                          Going to Tigers id say

Comment

We had Cordner last year.

Comment

Originally posted by IRoosterManI View Post

We had Cordner last year.
                              Robbo was implying that Roosters have a no-dickhead policy and that TPJ was a dickhead.

Comment

Robbo was implying that Roosters have a no-dickhead policy and that TPJ was a dickhead.
                                there have been a few roosters who were dickheads that pulled there heads in and bought in to the culture.. I think it’s harsh to just assume someone can’t change.. look at Friendy.

Comment

Working...
                                X