Brad Fittler touts Brandon Smith for Roosters after Boyd Cordner exit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Random Rooster View Post
    The Cheese & Rads on the field at the same time? FUN! He covers every position in the pack and everything he does is quality. Its a yes from me!
    Agree. Big YES in my humble opinion.

Versatility factor is a huge plus for our coach. Enables TRobbo to either start Brandon or have him come off the bench depending on the opposition pack/game strategy.
    Verrills is also a handy back-up in the halves having played there in his junior days. Sam's passes are sublime.

Comment

He's leaving Melbourne because he won't start ahead of Grant & Finucane at full strength.

He's not going to come here so he can sit behind Verrills and Radley.

Makes no sense. I know us Chooks fans will never forget but seems like the media have quickly forgotten that Verrills was a big part in our 2019 premiership and in the game he did his ACL Robinson had just promoted him to starting and put Friend back to the bench.

Verrills is the future at 9.

Comment

If we could Pangai on the cheap...for 18 months... 100k this year and 300k next year. See if he can be more consistent.

Comment

I rate Brandon Smith, even though he looks like Pigsy from Monkey (or Saiyūki for those who know). He's a gun second-rower and the Roosters need one to replace the Boyd.

Comment

I've gotta agree with Rooster_6 that it just doesn't make any sense. Verrills is an exceptional, class player. Forking out a bunch of money for Smith at this stage just seems so strange when Verrills hopefully will have the 9 jersey on lock, and our back-row stocks of Rads, Crichton, Tupouniua, Butcher, and some young guys seems really good. I'd be naturally happy if we signed him, but I wouldn't want to lose anyone of note for him, and I don't think it would be cash well spent.

TPJ hitting the open market is pretty interesting. I know Robbo has implemented a strong "no d*ckhead" policy, but I'd like to see how Pangai goes under Robbo, and I know we've been pretty interested in the past.

Comment

He is an incredible impact player who can change a match , and is equally at home at hooker, second row or lock.
              He wouldn't necessarily displace anyone in the current Roosters squad.
              Great as part of a forward rotation.
              Massive pack strength with him in it, and a strong interchange.

Comment

What dilemma for Smith. Either has stays at a strong club and probabl;y wins a premiership but has to start from the bench or he gets a strating a role at a shyt club with next to no chance as a premiership in the foreseeable future. Lets face it, the current top sides are well stocked at hooker so what are his realistic options?
                FVCK CANCER

Comment

By all reports Smith wants to be a starting hooker and this is why he wants out of Melbourne. I assume he is telling the truth. So talk of us buying him for his utility value for our pack is off.
                  Last edited by Thirteen; 06-18-2021, 03:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by rented tracksuit View Post
                    What dilemma for Smith. Either has stays at a strong club and probabl;y wins a premiership but has to start from the bench or he gets a strating a role at a shyt club with next to no chance as a premiership in the foreseeable future. Lets face it, the current top sides are well stocked at hooker so what are his realistic options?
                    Will do what most would do. Go to whoever offers him the most. Like Fox did.

Comment

Originally posted by Thirteen View Post

Will do what most would do. Go to whoever offers him the most. Like Fox did.
                      I think it takes a certain type of player to simply follow the dollars. Dollar chasers usually end up getting egg on their faces anyway. We are blessed to have such a great culture at the Roosters that attracts the right players without greed. Many of our big names could be making more elsewhere yet they stay. I don't know how we do it but I'm glad we do!
                      Last edited by rented tracksuit; 06-18-2021, 08:58 PM.
                      FVCK CANCER

Comment

A big no from me. Stupid nickname and a stupider last name.
                        we play for finals not stain the game.
                        1911 1912 1913 1923 1935 1936 1937 1940 1945 1974 1975 2002 2013 2018 2019 2020

Comment

I much prefer Cronk do the touting rather than Freddy. I presume Cronk would know more about Smith than Fittler.

Comment

Working...
                          X