Roosters vs Storm game moved- Baffling Decision by the Roosters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bondi.boy View Post

Whenever international borders are opened...including now to NZ in that bubble...any person who leaves Australia's shores from now on should be told...told in no uncertain terms, that if anything, anything goes wrong...new global pandemics, earthquakes, covid lockdowns, covid quarantines etc...that the cost of it all...incl returning home will be on them...they will have to pay for it all.
    That it'll be no good demanding a Qantas plane arrives to bring them home...free of charge.
    "Don't have deep pockets full of cash...stay home"...they should be told.
    Returning travellers should be quarantined in the outback, in specially built accommodation.
    14 day quarantine is obviously not long enough.
    The cost already is borne by the travellers. The gov isn’t paying for any ex-pats to get home. I literally paid $19,000 to fly home from the US 3 months ago and quarantine with my husband and son. No one was offering free flights home, just a handful of repat flights that had to be PAID for and then a stay in quarantine which also had to be paid for.

But I’m not complaining at all as the gov should never have to pay for people to come home, just stating the facts for the uneducated out there who think the gov is wasting money helping aussies overseas come home. That is just completely FALSE!

Comment

Originally posted by Hollus View Post

The cost already is borne by the travellers. The gov isn’t paying for any ex-pats to get home. I literally paid $19,000 to fly home from the US 3 months ago and quarantine with my husband and son. No one was offering free flights home, just a handful of repat flights that had to be PAID for and then a stay in quarantine which also had to be paid for.

But I’m not complaining at all as the gov should never have to pay for people to come home, just stating the facts for the uneducated out there who think the gov is wasting money helping aussies overseas come home. That is just completely FALSE!
      I don't think he's claiming that. My reading is that he's saying 'if you choose to travel and it results in COVID spreading throughout an area as a result of your travel then you should be liable for the damage you've done'.

Comment

Welcome home! I'm relieved to hear you are all home safely and I hope your son is thriving. You've been missed by many people, some even on here.
        "It's these little things, they can pull you under
        Live your life filled with joy and wonder"

Comment

There is lots of false info out there that people just choose to believe and not find out if it's true or not because it suits their narrative or worse still know it's false but continue to spruk because it suits their narrative.

Congrats to you two on the birth of your first child. Welcome back to both of you.

Comment

Originally posted by redwhiteblue View Post

Welcome home! I'm relieved to hear you are all home safely and I hope your son is thriving. You've been missed by many people, some even on here.
            Thanks Bernie, it’s great to be back. Even with this recent lockdown it’s so much better being home with family than stuck in NY not being able to see anyone. Haven’t been to a game yet, but hoping to take Leo to his first game later this season… if they allow crowds!!

Comment

Originally posted by The Lip View Post

There is lots of false info out there that people just choose to believe and not find out if it's true or not because it suits their narrative or worse still know it's false but continue to spruk because it suits their narrative.

Congrats to you two on the birth of your first child. Welcome back to both of you.
              Thanks… we still have our same season tix, so wonder where we’ll end up when the new stadium is finished. Possibly next to you yelling about Jake Friend like old times….

Comment

Thanks… we still have our same season tix, so wonder where we’ll end up when the new stadium is finished. Possibly next to you yelling about Jake Friend like old times….
                That bought a tear to my eyes...I remember Danish saying something about Jake and his eleventy billion tackles and nothing else...

our lives were so simple back then..sigh..

Comment

Thanks Bernie, it’s great to be back. Even with this recent lockdown it’s so much better being home with family than stuck in NY not being able to see anyone. Haven’t been to a game yet, but hoping to take Leo to his first game later this season… if they allow crowds!!
                  I'll bet both your families are pleased to have you home and to meet Leo finally. I have a new great niece in London and thank goodness for Zoom and Instagram.
                  Very nice of you to name your son after my star sign..He'll be a champ at everything...

Comment

Ha yes maybe but that paints a picture that I was yelling about Jake in a negative way - very poor representation of the truth Hollus - the only yelling about Jake I did was in support - because you used to get the shits at his forward passes or poorly placed kicks - amd I used to say give him a break he's made 60 tackles and it's the 45th minute! I did yell a bit about others though I have to admit! Not Jake

Comment

So we have Klein the Klown as the review official for the drizzle game. Gee the ref.

Comment

A dumb decision, kind of fits the dumb team.

Comment

Robbo just confirmed we moved for Melbourne's benefit so they could travel back to Melbourne.....ridiculous.

Comment

Working...
                          X