Cleary could be gone for the season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tommy Smith View Post
    After Keary went down I thought it was over.

Then I saw enough in the first 70min vs Newcastle to suggest that, miraculously, we were still a serious threat.

But then for mine the ACLs to Collins and Bmoz, and now Cords retiring, has well and truly put a line through us imo. Especially with Lam offering Walker zero support.

We just don't look even close to beating a top 4 team and haven't for a year now.

Still, I reckon we can sneak a Prelim final appearance and there's plenty to be excited about with zero pressure or expectation.
    It took Cronk almost the entire regular season to gel will the side. Our young halves still have a lot of improvement before the finals. If we can improve on the 36% possession vs Eels and 41% vs Panthers then who knows...

I do think though that we need the bigger body and bigger boot of Hutch over Lam, and the height and speed of Suaalii over Ikuvalu.

Comment

Originally posted by dice View Post

It took Cronk almost the entire regular season to gel will the side. Our young halves still have a lot of improvement before the finals. If we can improve on the 36% possession vs Eels and 41% vs Panthers then who knows...

I do think though that we need the bigger body and bigger boot of Hutch over Lam, and the height and speed of Suaalii over Ikuvalu.
      Agreed. IMO all those changes will help. Radley returns pretty soon too. The way I see it, our stable team now has no question marks over retirements and head injuries ending careers.

We will play the Drizz without Pap and Grant. IMO the following team can win the premiership if the wind's blowing the right way for us...
      1. Teddy
      2. Toops
      3. J-Moz
      4. Manu
      5. Suaalii
      6. Hutcho
      7. Walker
      8. JWH
      9. Verrills
      10. SST
      11. Crichton
      12. Sitili
      13. Radley
      --
      14. Keighran
      15. Liu
      16. Baker
      17. Butcher (the younger one - I think he's bigger & better)

It'd be nice to have Collins and Keary available. However, I'm not at the point where I consider them to be our only two players (moving forward) who are 'out'.
      - Crichton has replaced Cords
      - Verrills has replaced Friend
      - Suaalii has replaced B-Moz
      - Baker's heading in the same direction as Collins if he keeps up his effort

This team just needs a few more games together to gel and it can be a serious contender.

Comment

Originally posted by Tommy Smith View Post
        After Keary went down I thought it was over.

Then I saw enough in the first 70min vs Newcastle to suggest that, miraculously, we were still a serious threat.

But then for mine the ACLs to Collins and Bmoz, and now Cords retiring, has well and truly put a line through us imo. Especially with Lam offering Walker zero support.

We just don't look even close to beating a top 4 team and haven't for a year now.

Still, I reckon we can sneak a Prelim final appearance and there's plenty to be excited about with zero pressure or expectation.
        Hutch will be in there soon enough. He and Walker seem to work well together.

Lam will be soon offering Volkman support at North Sydney Oval.

Born and bred in the eastern suburbs.

Comment

Originally posted by BUDDY View Post

Does Cleary out for the season nullify one of the 50 point games for Souths?
          They might need Munster to go down as well.
          Doesn't nullify anything. I said it gives us and Souths better odds. All of the weaker teams of the top 8 naturally have a much better chance of winning the comp if Cleary goes down long-term.

Comment

Odds will be in the storms favour for another title if Cleary can't complete the season which I'd hate to see.

Comment

Latest is Cleary has been given the green light to delay surgery to repair a labral tear and will undergo rehab for 4 to 6 weeks with a return date between rounds 20 to 22.

No Guarantee that this will work though until he actually plays if he get through the rehab that is.

https://www.choosept.com/symptomscon...er-labral-tear

Last edited by King Salvo; 07-01-2021, 01:01 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bruce Pickett View Post

Haha.

Forgive me my moment of blashpemy. I have since repented, said a thousand hail Marys and washed my mouth out with soap.

'Twas just my zeal for our sacred B2B which I desired to keep holy!
                Forget the Hail Mary's BP - one hundred teams songs in lots of fives with a rooster man in between each five lot should do though.

Comment

Lots of drama about nothing. You can expect him back in 3 weeks.

Comment

Well we lost Keary so that equals Penriths loss of Cleary.... I wonder how well they would be travelling if they had lost the equivalent of B Moz, Collins, Friend and Cordner for the season as well, plus Verrills and radley for extended periods.

Comment

Originally posted by NorfolkStreetKid View Post
                      Well we lost Keary so that equals Penriths loss of Cleary.... I wonder how well they would be travelling if they had lost the equivalent of B Moz, Collins, Friend and Cordner for the season as well, plus Verrills and radley for extended periods.
                      I reckon they’d be fringe top 8 at best. Even Tigers beat them when they had a few out.

Comment

Jerome Luai out of SOO 3 with a knee complaint dont known for how long & if he will miss Penrith games.

Comment

Originally posted by Mickie Lane View Post
                          Jerome Luai out of SOO 3 with a knee complaint dont known for how long & if he will miss Penrith games.
                          Crap! and I was warming up to Looais...crap. I dread who Freddy is going to choose. I hope he doesn't choose your buddy Cody, but he's a 5/8 so it may either be Reynolds or Moses...Begrudgingly I prefer Reynolds. Moses may as well have a redfern tattoo on his arm cause that's how much I dislike him...then again if Pearce has a good game today/now, he is in the equation.

Comment

Originally posted by ROC181 View Post

Crap! and I was warming up to Looais...crap. I dread who Freddy is going to choose. I hope he doesn't choose your buddy Cody, but he's a 5/8 so it may either be Reynolds or Moses...Begrudgingly I prefer Reynolds. Moses may as well have a redfern tattoo on his arm cause that's how much I dislike him...then again if Pearce has a good game today/now, he is in the equation.
                            I hope Pearce gets the nod.

Was cheering for Latrell last week and I'd like to cheer for Pearce next time.

Comment

Originally posted by ROC181 View Post

Bad luck for Luai.
                              Could be Reynolds & Cody if they both have a good game tomorrow. It would be good to see or the brothers back together bra.

Comment

Originally posted by Mickie Lane View Post

Bad luck for Luai.
                                Could be Reynolds & Cody if they both have a good game tomorrow. It would be good to see or the brothers back together bra.
                                I wish there was a ‘dislike’ option on this forum cause I’d use it here.

Comment

Working...
                                X