Team news vs Storm R16

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Team news vs Storm R16

NRL reporter Dan Walsh says that Hutch has returned to full training and should be named in the 21 this afternoon. Great to have Hutch back on deck

Have seen a bit of speculation around that Teddy might be rested this week (expect him to be named but might not play)

Comment

Originally posted by fletch View Post
      Have seen a bit of speculation around that Teddy might be rested this week (expect him to be named but might not play)
      His hip was heavily padded on Sunday night - I would imagine he will be rested

Comment

Originally posted by NorthChook View Post
        NRL reporter Dan Walsh says that Hutch has returned to full training and should be named in the 21 this afternoon. Great to have Hutch back on deck
        Good news.

Born and bred in the eastern suburbs.

Comment

I wish Teddy could get up for this game before a rest. If we can win this game it's really big. After that we have some easier games.

Comment

Ant news re Nat Butcher ?

Comment

Originally posted by morley101 View Post
              Should be close to returning - had a moderate syndesmosis injury which takes 3-6 weeks to heal but there was photos of bin training without a bib at Kings last week so should be included in the 21 I would imagine, if not next week

Comment

Originally posted by morley101 View Post
                Only the following - Syndesmosis
                • Nat Butcher (ankle, indefinite)

Usually 6 to 8 weeks out with these but could be longer depending on the grade - Grade 1 no op - Grade 2 possible op needed - Grade 3 op needed

A grade I sprain to the syndesmosis is the mildest form of injury and consists of a stretch to the ligaments. A grade II sprain is a partial tear of the ligaments, and a grade III sprain is a complete tear of the ligaments.

No sure how they describe it as a sprain though - You don't sprain your MCL or ACL
                Last edited by King Salvo; 06-29-2021, 03:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Tobin View Post
                  I wish Teddy could get up for this game before a rest. If we can win this game it's really big. After that we have some easier games.
                  I would doubt he will play as by the sounds of it he was needled up 3 times to play in SOO2- I expect all the Storm SOO player to play though

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Tobin View Post
                    i'm pretty sure he'll play if he's fit and have the game off v cowboys if he needs a rest. no doubt he wants to lead the state to a whitewash but the blues have won the series and this game v storm is an imp game for us and if he plays on thursday but can't back up in game 3 then ...

Comment

Originally posted by zac View Post

i'm pretty sure he'll play if he's fit and have the game off v cowboys if he needs a rest. no doubt he wants to lead the state to a whitewash but the blues have won the series and this game v storm is an imp game for us and if he plays on thursday but can't back up in game 3 then ...
                      If we can win this one, it would be a MASSIVE confidence boost (noting there's a few Drizz players out and a few backing up from a humiliating loss... including the Cameron-San who should be suspended for 10 weeks).

Not confident we can after last week. However, we were up 12-0 until the refs missed an opposition shoulder charge and incorrectly sin-binned one of our key players. Should the reffing gods choose not to interfere with our fate, I reckon it could be game on!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Vasco View Post
                        Good news.
                        Broken ribs and punctured, then recollapsed lungs recover that quickly?

Comment

Originally posted by bondi.boy View Post

Yeah I don't get NRL recovery times. IMO most players are carrying injuries and play-on every week with a combination of needles, pain killers and strapping.

Comment

Originally posted by bondi.boy View Post

From memory, Friend was back playing 3 weeks after his collapsed lung.

Comment

Originally posted by ism22 View Post

Yeah I don't get NRL recovery times. IMO most players are carrying injuries and play-on every week with a combination of needles, pain killers and strapping.
                              TBA is often used then an estimated time out and then a more accurate time out is provided - mmm except by the Chooks - Billy Smith was showing as mid season even when it was mid season and Nat Butcher who was injured vs Canberra is still showing as
                              Nat Butcher Syndesmosis TBA
                              Players have at least 2 days off after games i understand and sometimes more- the short turnarounds pose the greater risk of injury and re-injury though - I wonder if stats are kept in relation to injuries/re-injuries sustained for the various game day turnarounds though i.e 5/6/7 plus days.

Some of the games being played with the increased speed and fatigue factor the players need more than the 2 days off and then 3 days later some are playing again. More likely to need a 72 hour break and a minimum 6 day break between games.

The Bronco's when they were competitive had many a season when they had a 7 day break for at least 2/3rd's of their games as they were constantly playing in the televised Friday night game and or the Thursday night game. When 9 showed the two Friday night games the Bronco's game was often or too often for my liking the second game.

In AFL a 6 day break between games is the minimum which is part of the players agreement with the AFL except for last year in having to fit the season into the condensed format.- breaks of 4 to 7 days
                              Last edited by King Salvo; 07-01-2021, 01:50 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X