Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How does Suaalii become a regular 1st Grader?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How does Suaalii become a regular 1st Grader?

I think we've all been impressed by how young Joseph has turned up in his first few games in first grade - doesn't look out of place in the slightest. However, he's always had his place in the team as a result of Manu playing out of position, either at 5/8 or Fullback - when we have both Teddy and Keary in the team, where does Suaalii fit in?

Will it take JMoz retiring? Or will he pay his dues on the right wing until he can earn the centre position? Right now I think I'd be more comfortable with him outside Joey than Ikuvalu...
    I support two NRL teams, the Roosters and whoevers playing Souths

he's been a regular first grader since his first game. maybe that's cos of injuries or maybe robbo was always going to have him in the 17 despite not naming him there.

i'm in favour of picking him in the starting 13 for the rest of the season if his form keeps up. at this stage i'd pick iku ahead of lam so it's joey to 5/8 but if hutch gets fit quick then it would be joey s in for iku.

Comment

Originally posted by witty92 View Post
      I think we've all been impressed by how young Joseph has turned up in his first few games in first grade - doesn't look out of place in the slightest. However, he's always had his place in the team as a result of Manu playing out of position, either at 5/8 or Fullback - when we have both Teddy and Keary in the team, where does Suaalii fit in?

Will it take JMoz retiring? Or will he pay his dues on the right wing until he can earn the centre position? Right now I think I'd be more comfortable with him outside Joey than Ikuvalu...
      1. Finish his HSC.
      2. B-Moz retires (done).
      3. J-Moz may also retire as Ikuvalu and Billy Smith fight for the remaining outside back role.

Comment

You put him on the wing instead of Iku. I love Iku’s effort and his carries from our end and he’s a great finisher but he’s too much of a liability under the high ball.

Or he could join The Tigers.

Comment

So far he has done nothing to deserve the hype that surrounded him before he played. He has played 4 games 1 try, he ran 5 metres for that one, misses 16% of his tackles, averages 50 metres a game...... he ain't no IZZY. 196 cms and 98 kgs. He turns 18 on the 1st of August. I am hoping he will live up to the hype eventually. The thing I like is that he hasn't made many mistakes. Time will tell, I guess the coach knows what he is doing.

Comment

Originally posted by NorfolkStreetKid View Post
            So far he has done nothing to deserve the hype that surrounded him before he played. He has played 4 games 1 try, he ran 5 metres for that one, misses 16% of his tackles, averages 50 metres a game...... he ain't no IZZY. 196 cms and 98 kgs. He turns 18 on the 1st of August. I am hoping he will live up to the hype eventually. The thing I like is that he hasn't made many mistakes. Time will tell, I guess the coach knows what he is doing.
            Suaalii already has a lot of speed, power, and footwork as per the Iku try vs Titans. Has also put on some big defensive hits. Add more speed, strength, size, and experience, and I can definitely understand the hype.

Comment

Suaalii is way better than Iku already... would much rather Suaalii in the 13 than Iku

Comment

Originally posted by TeddyGoat View Post
                Suaalii is way better than Iku already... would much rather Suaalii in the 13 than Iku
                Your statement is FALSE. It is not FACT, just your OPINION. As of right now, that may change in the future, but for now IKU averages 130m per game, compared to 50 for Suaali. IKU has better tackle efficiency, just. He also has 32 games for 19 tries compared to 4 games for 1 try.

Comment

So you are allowed to say negative (even though only slight) words about a player!?

What a hypercrite.

But I still love ya xxx

Comment

So far he has shown glimpses of his hype and potential 100%. He always gets to his feet really quick and has given us plenty of 6 agains because the opposition can’t hold him down, he has quick footwork and tackle breaking ability all of which will improve once develops but for a 17 year old it is crazy. He has finesse with a couple of lovely soft hand passes, and he has the technique - lovely copybook tackles on his opposing player. How crazy is it when the ball gets out to him we all expect something to happen. I hope we can resign him long term because this kid will be a star.

Comment

Iku should be only one more shocker away from losing that spot to him. Could be this week. Who knows? Ticking time bomb.

Comment

Gotta say, I reckon this is a rubbish take. He has looked nothing but quality in attack and defense.
                        He has a terrific tackling technique and has looked dangerous in attack. Stats don't tell anywhere near the whole story, and for his few couple of games, I'm stoked with how he looks.

On another note, the most impressive thing I've seen about him so far has been his hands. He has held onto some very difficult passes, and doesn't really look like making an error.

Comment

I just took one look at joe move to know the hype is real, I said a few weeks ago his athleticism reminds me of latrell

Comment

The move he put on Seb Kris followed by the no look pass back inside for the try against the Raiders was the moment I knew the hype was real. Very few players have that skillset, let alone a 17yo kid!

Comment

Eventually he’ll be a regular but for now he’s just starting out in firsts. When he’s too good to be left out then hell get a permanent spot which I think he’s well on his way to earning.
                              “Soon will the present day order be rolled up, and a new one spread out in its stead”- (Baha’u’llah)

Comment

Working...
                              X