Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How does Suaalii become a regular 1st Grader?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I thought Suaalii has been very promising. Hasn't had the flashy debut of the likes of Sam Walker, sure, but he looks completely at home out there.

He will be a gun.

I reckon we win it by 2023 with this squad of newbs.

Comment

As far as his career trajectory, I reckon he starts as a 4 and makes his way into the loose forwards. I'd say he's a lock, but then there's Rads...

Comment

Post his HSC i reckon he will be in the starting 13 full time.

Comment

It's a learning curve, he is doing fine and will progress well. I think it's good not putting too much pressure on him too early.

Comment

Originally posted by Bansai Pipeline View Post
            As far as his career trajectory, I reckon he starts as a 4 and makes his way into the loose forwards. I'd say he's a lock, but then there's Rads...
            He should get plenty of game time in the no.13 Rads will miss half of his games due to suspensions (on field or off field indiscretions).

Born and bred in the eastern suburbs.

Comment

Originally posted by Bansai Pipeline View Post
              I think he's more likely to end up back at fullback. Why would you want to waste his skills by making him do and extra 30 tackles a game, throw him at the back when Teddy retires and he could have the same sort of impact that Turbo does at Manly

Comment

Suaalii replaces Ikuvalu

Comment

He hasn't done anything outstanding but he's done very well in what he has done.
                  Its gonna be a tough game for him tonight though.

Comment

Originally posted by Mickie Lane View Post
                    He hasn't done anything outstanding but he's done very well in what he has done.
                    Its gonna be a tough game for him tonight though.
                    Who's he defending, JAC or Jennings? (Robbo always swaps our wingers).

Massive test. JAC's like one of those novelty boxers that you come up against in Super Punch-Out though. If you let him go he'll score a meat pie for sure, but he has his weaknesses (including in defence). Also, he's backing up from Origin.

Presumably J-Moz and Toops are defending him and Olam (their stronger side) though. Manu and Suaalii have George and Reimis. I'd say that solid defence against them would be one way to cement himself as a 1st grader... combine well with Manu for some meat pies and people would start broaching his readiness for Origin.
                    Last edited by ism22; 07-01-2021, 08:36 PM.

Comment

He’s looked pretty average in his games thus far. Not bad at all, looks a first grader. But certainly nothing like the hype suggested.

I’d say he needs another year at least to develop, although he can’t really use that excuse given his entourage’s demands that he play first grade in 2020

Comment

Working...
                      X