ACL Stadium Newcastle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ACL Stadium Newcastle

I wonder who will go down with a season ending injury this time? Wet track and a surface like jelly. We lost BMoz and Lindsay there and the Knights lost Blake Green... all to ACLs.

Knock on wood, knock on wood...

yep, we're throwing the dice and forcing the storm to play up there and at the end of the day maybe munster will have wished he'd got suspended for the game

Comment

I think you'll find that they did a turf replacement shortly after our game there. It had been planned for a few weeks before our game, but the floods had struck the farms they get their turf from in Windsor and they had to wait. Hopefully there is no more injuries.

Comment

someone should ask Graeme Annesely if he's got that report yet. The one he asked for after Collins and BMoz did their knees. Strange that at the time when he didn't have the report, and he admitted there was repair work scheduled for the surface that was cancelled due to Covid, he was still able to state that the surface was not to blame for any injuries.

Comment

Originally posted by Waylander View Post
          I think you'll find that they did a turf replacement shortly after our game there. It had been planned for a few weeks before our game, but the floods had struck the farms they get their turf from in Windsor and they had to wait. Hopefully there is no more injuries.
          Not sure if that's a good thing.

Sometimes new turf takes time to stabilise.

Born and bred in the eastern suburbs.

Comment

If it’s good enough for The Roosters to choose to play there when they had options, it’s good enough for me and should be acceptable to you.

Comment

Originally posted by Thirteen View Post
              If it’s good enough for The Roosters to choose to play there when they had options, it’s good enough for me and should be acceptable to you.
              You are sounding more and more like Mickey Lane.
              FVCK CANCER

Comment

Originally posted by Vasco View Post
                Not sure if that's a good thing.

Sometimes new turf takes time to stabilise.
                That game was 2 months ago. I would think any new turf should be well bedded in by now.

Comment

They can play on the La Brea Tar Pits as far as I'm concerned. I'll be on the sofa in my pyjamas eating chocolate. I'll let you know how acceptable I found the conditions after the game - hopefully Sam Walker and James Tedesco won't be in traction.

Comment

Princess drank some cement and hardened up.

Comment

Originally posted by Waylander View Post

That game was 2 months ago. I would think any new turf should be well bedded in by now.
                      Let's hope so.

Born and bred in the eastern suburbs.

Comment

There was a lot of complaints before the newcs game and at half time did nothing.....they should fine clubs who do not have their grounds in shape and it becomes an advantage for the home team who were aware .. you step on shitty turf and you will do your knee .Run straight and you should be ok.
                        Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe

Comment

Well hopefully the ground will hold up and the Chooks hold the ball , make their tackles , sound kicking game , concede few set restarts and penalties with a low error count - need to be an 80 minute effort by the whole 17

Comment

I am not too concerned by this. Both teams play on the same surface, so are in the same position. Our run of bad luck has surely finished for this season. Thirteen is correct - the Roosters chose this venue, knowing what happened. They would know better than any of us would. That should make us content.
                            MRR or Rabid

Some people believe supporting the Roosters
                            is a matter of life and death, I am very disappointed
                            with that attitude. I can assure you it is
                            much, much more important than that.

(1981 Bill Shankly quote variation)

Comment

Originally posted by rented tracksuit View Post

You are sounding more and more like Mickey Lane.
                              F**k that I hate Souths!

Comment

Working...
                              X