No announcement yet.

New SFS Seating design

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks like SOO colours and camouflage for the away teams behind the posts where they belong .
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks Fur Coat View Post
      Most unusual. I assumed we were the primary tenant. Does anyone even watch Aussie soccer?
      Yes, I do. I became interested in football around the time of the Socceroos vs Iran game at the MCG in ‘97 and have been hooked ever since.

Comment

I hope we get people to the games to fill up those seats, because looking at that colouring hurts my eyes !

Comment

Originally posted by milanja View Post

At least the design will help to make it look less empty with our 13-15,000 crowds.
          Yeah but in the end the Roosters will have a bigger home attendance than Souths. It's a good thing that grounds have a 'No pets' policy otherwise most of their 30,000 member are of the 4 legged kind and it would skew the crowd numbers in their favour if they were able to attend.

Comment

Originally posted by 2013PREMIERS View Post
            Anyone else pissed off that the seat colouring of our new stadium has been designed to cater to Sydney FC? You know, that team from the competition that regularly has <20k watching on TV? I don't want to feel like I'm at a sharks game every week. Here's a link to the reveal https://www.a-league.com.au/news/syd...esign-revealed
            It's an article from Sydney FC and I'm thinking they are taking credit for the fact that these are also the colours of NSW. They were sky blue before so things haven't changed much.

Comment

Post COVID - If Sydney clubs continue with mostly only 1 game each weekend at their home grounds they have buckley's chance of some what filling grounds. Big ask to expect people to attend for only one game - NRL need to also look at game times too.

The following is a suggestion for time slots for 3 games at each ground over 5 days for NSW teams including Canberra and Newcastle who have Jersey Flegg and NSW Cup sides

Thursday

JF @ 3:30PM / NSW Cup @ 5:30 pm / NRL @ 7:30 PM

Friday

Saturday

JF @ 11:30 AM / NSW Cup @ 1:30 PM / NRL @ 3:30 PM

JF @ 1:30 PM / NSW Cup @ 3:30 PM / NRL @ 5:30 PM

Sunday

JF @ 10:00 AM / NSW Cup @ 12:00 PM / NRL @ 2:00 PM

JF @ 12:00 PM / NSW Cup @ 2:00 PM / NRL @ 4:00 PM

Monday Night Football

Comment

From what I understand. That whole top tier of seats for roosters season games will be covered in roosters emblem canvas.

Comment

It's the NSW State Govt's footy stadium, not ours. We just co-lease it. I believe that's the extent of it anyway...

Will host all NSW rugby, hockey, soccer and maybe even Origin. Hence blue.

Comment

I think it looks like it will be a terrific ground and after watching games at the scg will be a huge improvement. Like was mentioned above I can imagine the bunnies coming back as well.

Comment

Don't think this stadium pictured below on the Current Campbelltown Stadium site will be built now since the NSW Government are proposing to fund a new stadium to be built at Liverpool as part of their suburban grounds upgrades ( Penrith/Brookvale and Kogarah) with the Wests Tigers and Bulldogs to be co-tenants.

The same site in Liverpool that had the Dogs in hot water and stripped of all their points in 2002- the Old Liverpool Pool and surrounding land near Woodward Park

Comment

Nice and woke.

Comment

The whole things just an 'infrastructure for the sake of infrastructure' splurge (typical stimulus project). Looks literally the same as the old one (seating will be no better and no worse - food & beers will still s*ck), while ES Marks slowly rots away further beyond repair. Not saying I was amazing, but I had to leave the eastern suburbs for training because Marks was so shyte. To me it's the old stadium that needed replacing, not the SFS.

I reckon they shoulda done the ~$30m reno to the SFS (woulda made it look beautiful & it woulda been done by now) and levelled ES Marks to make it a modern athletics track + soccer field. It's a beautiful stadium (background views are the best)... just needs some love.

Seats? I doubt we'll notice the pattern once people are sitting down. Also blue's a common colour between all the teams (SFS, Tahs & Easts) so it makes sense to me.

Comment

Looks awesome - can't wait - colours of seats who cares it's being paid for by the NSW govt so why shouldn't it be NSW colours?

Comment

It looks more like Sydney FC or Sharkies stadium with their choice of colours. Considering Syd Swans & Roosters both has red & white in their jersey, something gotta give.

Comment

Fill the seats up. Problem solved.

What is Sydney FC?

Comment

Working...
                                X