New SFS Seating design

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ism22 View Post
    the whole things just an 'infrastructure for the sake of infrastructure' splurge (typical stimulus project). Looks literally the same as the old one (seating will be no better and no worse - food & beers will still s*ck), while es marks slowly rots away further beyond repair. Not saying i was amazing, but i had to leave the eastern suburbs for training because marks was so shyte. To me it's the old stadium that needed replacing, not the sfs.

I reckon they shoulda done the ~$30m reno to the sfs (woulda made it look beautiful & it woulda been done by now) and levelled es marks to make it a modern athletics track + soccer field. It's a beautiful stadium (background views are the best)... Just needs some love.

Seats? I doubt we'll notice the pattern once people are sitting down. Also blue's a common colour between all the teams (sfs, tahs & easts) so it makes sense to me.
    fyi - es marks is getting a major upgrade commencing sept (?) 2021

Comment

Originally posted by Bahrain Rooster View Post

Yes, I do. I became interested in football around the time of the Socceroos vs Iran game at the MCG in ‘97 and have been hooked ever since.
      that was a tough game to watch

Comment

Our state teams generally play in sky blue, don't see the big deal here as the stadium is owned by the SCG Trust and hence the state taxpayer. I wouldn't even mind us running our sky blue jersey as our away kit for a season, it's a nice jersey.

Comment

I imagine the fact that both the Waratahs and Sydney FC, along with the NSW Blues, have the two shades of blue as their primary colours has something to do with it. I doubt that the Parramatta Two Blues Shute Shield side is ever likely to play there, so that does not count! The Swans should not even come into calculations, as they will not play there. I am sure that we can make suitable temporary alterations on game day to improve the look of the place. We should have a big covering like the Rabble, Bulldogs and Dragons do over the top section that will not be patronised. This would be an improvement.
          MRR or Rabid

Some people believe supporting the Roosters
          is a matter of life and death, I am very disappointed
          with that attitude. I can assure you it is
          much, much more important than that.

(1981 Bill Shankly quote variation)

Comment

Originally posted by zac View Post

that was a tough game to watch
            Yeah, 100%. I remember the radio commentator saying “pack your bags, we’re going to France” and it was the first time in a long time that we would qualify for the World Cup and then by the end we were out. Was so glad to be there in ‘05 for the Uruguay game where we did win.

Comment

Originally posted by GC6 View Post
              From what I understand. That whole top tier of seats for roosters season games will be covered in roosters emblem canvas.
              Nope

Comment

Originally posted by theGman View Post

Sweet I can't wait to go and watch some sub standard athletics meets there when it's done.

Comment

I'm all for the "Indigenous Design" but should've kept the seats a standard colour or add some RED, WHITE and BLUE.

Unless, Sydney FC and Waratahs contributed in more ways than the Roosters, I just don't see why the bloody hell should it only be a focus of Sky and Navy Blue. The bloody "Waratah Flower" itself is RED ! I understand that the Waratahs have been around longer than EASTS but not at Moore Park and Sydney FC have not been around long enough either to get bragging rights.

The Sydney Roosters club should object... Bloody unfair !
                  Last edited by DP1990; 07-01-2021, 04:43 PM.

Comment

I'm guilty of the crime of following Sydney FC as well as the Roosters. I really don't give a rats about any other football code since they screwed up rugby union with stupid new rules (sound familiar?) At this stage I don't care what colour or design the seats are just so long as we have a rectangular stadium with good views like we had at Allianz. SCG is almost as woeful as Homebush! And I'm hoping this means a ground sponsor's name won't be splattered in large white letters on the seats. It was blinding sitting opposite in the daytime sometimes.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks Fur Coat View Post
                      Most unusual. I assumed we were the primary tenant. Does anyone even watch Aussie soccer?
                      People of different foreign ethnic backgrounds do. I was gonna say Wogs but wanted to be culturally sensitive!
                      FVCK CANCER

Comment

Originally posted by theGman View Post

Sweet. Once Sydney's open again, I'll hopefully be able to go and do a glorious 400m lap in its honour

Comment

Originally posted by stringaz View Post
                          That's weird. Where's the RWB?
                          We're sharing the ground, our blue is the navy.
                          All fine by me, this way it's not labelled as our ground, which is actually a good thing.

Comment

Originally posted by DP1990 View Post
                            I'm all for the "Indigenous Design" but should've kept the seats a standard colour or add some RED, WHITE and BLUE.

Unless, Sydney FC and Waratahs contributed in more ways than the Roosters, I just don't see why the bloody hell should it only be a focus of Sky and Navy Blue. The bloody "Waratah Flower" itself is RED ! I understand that the Waratahs have been around longer than EASTS but not at Moore Park and Sydney FC have not been around long enough either to get bragging rights.

The Sydney Roosters club should object... Bloody unfair !
                            Easy to colour it red, white and blue on Roosters match days.

Comment

Is the new sfs seating gonna look like the Newcastle seats?
                              ..it’ll be interesting to see

Comment

Should look good playing in front of an empty stadium in restriction time
                                We used to have empires run by emperors. Then we had kingdoms run by kings.
                                Now we have countries run by ………

Comment

Working...
                                X