This season proves one thing ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This season proves one thing ...

That we can beat the Sharkies! Nineteen to twelve.

And that we did !!!! Hahahahaha theres only 1 thing 2 say yiewww ! Easts louder easts louder easts, roosters !

Comment

.......Imagine Pearce in a good side............

If the selectors have brains they will bite the bullet and have Mullen 22 at 6, Pearce 20 at 7 and leave them for 10 years. I guarantee a minimum of 6 out of 10 origin wins over this 10 year period with these two.

Comment

Imagine Perrett or SKD in a good side?

So many of these players are outstanding individuals IMO, but as a team they often fail to function in the way that I feel they really can.

Comment

This season proves one other thing - at this level, the game is mostly about the mental aspect, the attitude, the desire, the motivation.
          Last season at this time the Roosters were near the top of the table but with a fairly similar squad this year they are at the bottom of the table which begs the question what changed?
          "The price of freedom is eternal vigilance."

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by TheLoneRooster View Post
            This season proves one other thing - at this level, the game is mostly about the mental aspect, the attitude, the desire, the motivation.
            Last season at this time the Roosters were near the top of the table but with a fairly similar squad this year they are at the bottom of the table which begs the question what changed?
            The reffing... there's 2 refs now, which has flattened out the game. We're a strong team that has always pushed the boundaries... this has cramped our style and we haven't adapted quickly enough.

Start of the season this just meant a few close losses which didn't matter, but as things fanned out, it lead to a drop in morale and confidence. This resulted in us being annihilated by a bunch of young, fast teams which have nothing on us when you look at their players on paper. I think looking at this week in, week out made us lose pride. We've got a bunch of former Kangaroo's on fat salary packages who have lost the aura they used to have on the field.

Right now... it's the tail end of the season; and it's pretty common knowledge that to even think about making the top 8 we'll have to win every game from now on. I think being put down to #16 has given us a bit more pride and life because we're too proud to be given the wooden spoon.

That said, we seem to have adapted our play, and against the titans/cowboys showed we're a good team. I hope we can go 1 or 2 steps further than saving ourselves from the wooden spoon. Having a late race for the top 8 would be hell exciting even if we don't make it!
            Last edited by sirgamble; 06-28-2009, 03:57 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X