The total Blatant Bias

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Easts75 View Post

Our basic execution and pride in the jersey was non existent, fark I was deflated even at half time.

Even if you dont agree with the way they go about certain aspects of the game , you would be a fool to not acknowledge how good their system is down there at The Storm.
    Their ‘system’ relies on the refs being on board. At the moment their system is very good.

Comment

Originally posted by bondi paul View Post
      The tone and manner in which refs speak to our players as indicative of ref Gee when he spoke to the NSW capt last night said a lot. Teddy must feel like Rodney Dangerfield - No Respect.
      By now our captain/s should've learnt that there's no use talking to the refeeres.

Comment

Originally posted by The Thracian View Post

never once have i said they costnus the game, we will absolute Shite, The incidents i chose from this game are just a recurring theme, for us and esp JWH, it is obvious they have a pre conceived idea when they officiate our games
        IMO you can criticise the refs regardless of the outcome. Blatantly inconsistent reffing sours the whole contest and needs to be called out.

Also, I'm not here to applaud the Drizz or their players. Nothing personal, just not my team. We did them a favour by playing in Newcastle purely so that they could go home to Melbourne. So no, not poor them... we did them a very generous favour!

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Brass View Post

I agree I thought it was just a head clash which happens but what the Storm should get pulled up for is driving the kicker into the ground after the kick which they attempt to do all the time when the kicker is in a vulnerable position and where shoulder/ collarbone injuries can occur.
          They also have mastered the art of wrapping the ball up and driving the player into his back and slamming his head into the ground which is what Hughes and kaufusi did to Cords which started his history of headknocks.
          Great organisation and so well run but to me it's obvious that the league needs a strong presence in Victoria and lets some of their unsavoury incidents go unchecked.
          The maiming and deliberately injuring of opposition players has been a constant theme under Bellamy's coaching.
          One thing we should improve on is giving our kickers better protection by having a player in between the marker chasers and the kicker, only a small thing but setting a screen gives them a fraction of a second more time.
          Nah I dont agree with that, its a physical game & all coaches want their players to try & hurt the opposition.
          The Roosters meaning Nick & Robbo must think the way the Storm play is pretty good & thats why they continually get people from the Storm up to the Roosters. Cronk, O'Brien, Ryles & the Melbourne Storm wrestling coach.

Comment

The ref didn't help, but we have been getting shit calls for the last 15yrs so is no excuse.

We were outplayed, if we were good enough we would have won. Biased decision making and all.

Comment

See JWH getting charged for the melee alone is a joke.... A melee means more than 1 player in....

Comment

How the fark is Welch not charged? Leading with the head and makes contact on a kicker in the air after he's kicked and unable to do ANYTHING to defend himself or avoid the high contact? They are a complete joke the NRL.

Comment

Originally posted by bondi.boy View Post

He was hit in the head.

Anyway,, that tackle is now legal.
                  Noted.
                  Which of our players have the hardest heads?
                  They can be used as missiles at opposition kickers.
                  Are you talking about the Olam tackle?
                  FVCK CANCER

Comment

I agree I thought it was just a head clash which happens but what the Storm should get pulled up for is driving the kicker into the ground after the kick which they attempt to do all the time when the kicker is in a vulnerable position and where shoulder/ collarbone injuries can occur.
                    They also have mastered the art of wrapping the ball up and driving the player into his back and slamming his head into the ground which is what Hughes and kaufusi did to Cords which started his history of headknocks.
                    Great organisation and so well run but to me it's obvious that the league needs a strong presence in Victoria and lets some of their unsavoury incidents go unchecked.
                    The maiming and deliberately injuring of opposition players has been a constant theme under Bellamy's coaching.
                    One thing we should improve on is giving our kickers better protection by having a player in between the marker chasers and the kicker, only a small thing but setting a screen gives them a fraction of a second more time.
                    I think we are talking about the wrong tackle but I agree with you 100%

I think where the fans frustration comes with the head contact is the inconsistencies like when Napa got done for head contact... from his own head!
                    FVCK CANCER

Comment

Originally posted by Mickie Lane View Post

Nah I dont agree with that, its a physical game & all coaches want their players to try & hurt the opposition.
                      The Roosters meaning Nick & Robbo must think the way the Storm play is pretty good & thats why they continually get people from the Storm up to the Roosters. Cronk, O'Brien, Ryles & the Melbourne Storm wrestling coach.
                      No argument on the quality of the personnel and the Storm systems Mickie they are an outstanding organisation who are up the top of any of the codes in this country. My grieve is the implementation of chicken wings, cannonballs,crushers and the like that have all been later deemed illegal and have stemmed from Bellamy. No other coaches have introduced these tactics to deliberately hurt players.
                      Everything they do is well planned and executed to the minute detail in attack and defence so it's no surprise to see them slamming attackers into the ground with their arms trapped as means to knock them out.

Comment

Hahaha you can see the bias just by reading this thread. JWH charged, nothing for welch etc. I like to see any team with half a side out beat a decent side with no calls going their way. We had Gee as ref didn't we? He was the ref last time we played the strom.

Footy can be such knife edge stuff these days, exacerbated by the 6 agin turbo speed of the game. The rules are in place to keep a fair contest. If the rules are not applied as evenly as possible then look out. That early tackle on welsh where he bobbled the ball on the back of SST i think? Rabs saw it. But ignored and they scored straight after. Possession=points.

Fair to say we still probably would have lost last night, but had they pulled the strom up on at least 50% of their bullshit, it wouldn't have been such a giant scoreline.

It's ironic in a way that we enjoy a better roster than most teams, but we are cooked by the corruption without a full deck of cards.

It makes it even harder to judge players like, "sst isn't what he used to be" or " lam sucks" the playing field isnt level at all.

Like mentioned, robbo was sick of talking about Rooster related head knocks, we are a pig on a spit, getting roasted by the NRL and the media.

Comment

No argument on the quality of the personnel and the Storm systems Mickie they are an outstanding organisation who are up the top of any of the codes in this country. My grieve is the implementation of chicken wings, cannonballs,crushers and the like that have all been later deemed illegal and have stemmed from Bellamy. No other coaches have introduced these tactics to deliberately hurt players.
                          Everything they do is well planned and executed to the minute detail in attack and defence so it's no surprise to see them slamming attackers into the ground with their arms trapped as means to knock them out.
                          They do so much more too, the driving by heinz, they run plays that are borderline obstructive to our defensive line. Munster pretyy much resents being tackled and they all wave their arms in the air when we try and take control of the ruck.

Putrid team.

Comment

Are Melb a grubbier side than souffs? YES.

Do we hate souffs more? YES.

Phark souffs!

Just wanted to put that out there.
                            FVCK CANCER

Comment

Originally posted by rented tracksuit View Post
                              Are Melb a grubbier side than souffs? YES.

Do we hate souffs more? YES.

Phark souffs!

Just wanted to put that out there.
                              Can't disagree but the strom just edge souffs for first place on my shitlist.

Comment

Originally posted by Easts75 View Post

Our basic execution and pride in the jersey was non existent, fark I was deflated even at half time.

Even if you dont agree with the way they go about certain aspects of the game , you would be a fool to not acknowledge how good their system is down there at The Storm.
                                Yes,
                                How to be successful in the new post-2020 era?
                                Simple...copy the Storm.
                                . Big (all) forwards
                                . Big and fast backs
                                . Big halves
                                Have a "whatever it takes" attitude and actions policy to winning.
                                Have a "knock em down, drag em out" mindset.
                                Last edited by bondi.boy; 07-02-2021, 05:22 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X