Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 21 MAN SQUAD v BULLDOGS

21 MAN SQUAD v BULLDOGS

No excuses this week, regardless of who we are missing. If we don't win this game and win it well, it's time to give up on 2021.

Billy Smith makes his return at right center with Manu at fullback, Iku back on the wing.

ROOSTERS
    1. Manu
    2. Tupuo
    3. Morris
    4. Smith
    5. Ikuvalu
    6. Huthchison
    7. Walker
    8. JWH
    9. Verrills
    10. SST
    11. Liu
    12. Tupouniua
    13. Radley

INTERCHANGE:
    14. Lam
    15. Butcher E
    16. Butcher N
    17. Thomas

RESERVES:
    18. Keighran
    19. Hau Tapuha
    20. Whyte
    21. Suualii
    Last edited by Waylander; 07-06-2021, 05:07 PM.

Good to see Radley/Butcher/Smith back also not surprised to see Lam now on the bench, think we might see Hau Tapuha replace Thomas by the time Saturday rolls around.

Comment

hutch in for lam and smith and iku in for suaalii and teddy at this stage

Comment

Thanks Waylander. I wonder how B Smith will be. No Suaalii this week, again, but I'm thinking he won't play just to give him a week off. Keighran on the reserves? Well if he is right to play he has to be in the the 17 because we need a reliable kicker.

Comment

Originally posted by ROC181 View Post
          Thanks Waylander. I wonder how B Smith will be. No Suaalii this week, again, but I'm thinking he won't play just to give him a week off. Keighran on the reserves? Well if he is right to play he has to be in the the 17 because we need a reliable kicker.
          Keighran needs to offer more than just goal kicking to win a spot in the team he has to work on his defense if he is going to win that bench utility role.

Comment

Great to see Billy named. The young man derserves a chance to show all what he can do.

Thirteens man butcher back also

Comment

Lam dropped to the bench. My week has been made. Should have been dropped weeks ago. Similar to Tyrone May in the sense offers absolutely nothing attack wise and everything breaks down when he gets the ball. Does a lot of pointing and throwing the hands up and less playing. Hutch will offer a lot more stability for Walker.

Comment

Great that Billy finally gets another shot. Great to have Nat and Rads back.

Wonder if Iku will stay (maybe more experience needed and to give suaalii a break) - but could also see a lot change possibly.

Thomas seems to have gone ahead of Hah Tapuha in the pecking order.

Also good to see Hutch back starting - I think much better combo with Walker than Lam. I would have thought Keighran is a better utility going forward than Lam being able to play more positions and a better back up goal kicker but possibly still nursing an injury

Comment

I think Suualii comes in for fumbles.

I won't be surprised if Keighran comes in for Lam either.

Poor old Sesame will be in the fetal position.
                  Last edited by Johnny Tobin; 07-06-2021, 05:19 PM.

Comment

Having Billy Smith and Rads back will help a lot.

Congrats to Hutch on forcing his way back in to the starting 13, after what he has been through. Courage and commitment rewarded.

Comment

Originally posted by fletch View Post

Keighran needs to offer more than just goal kicking to win a spot in the team he has to work on his defense if he is going to win that bench utility role.
                      But as someone else said before, he was playing hooker for most of the game where he's not used to playing that including all the tackling. With that said, he did make some good tackles playing hooker, but did let many through due to the demands...Even Verrills and Jake have had to be given a rest after tackling their hearts out. As a utility, you're only there for a limited time. The 2 points are important for us right now to get some of our for and against back up after the last 2 rounds.

Comment

Agreed. Suspect defending in the middle.

Born and bred in the eastern suburbs.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks Fur Coat View Post
                          Having Billy Smith and Rads back will help a lot.

Congrats to Hutch on forcing his way back in to the starting 13, after what he has been through. Courage and commitment rewarded.
                          Agree great to see Smith back in I was hoping he would get the gig this week, good game to bring him back in, the kid has talent can make the CTR position his own hopefully put pressure on Manu to up his game, Hutch so happy for the guy he doesn’t have a lot of strings to his bow, what he does have is effort, commitment, strong defence, big boot compliments Walker well and will take the pressure off him.
                          I don’t know what his contract status is, but he should get an upgrade on effort and heart alone King how long is his current contract?

Comment

Originally posted by Waylander View Post
                            21 MAN SQUAD v BULLDOGS

No excuses this week, regardless of who we are missing. If we don't win this game and win it well, it's time to give up on 2021.

Billy Smith makes his return at right center with Manu at fullback, Iku back on the wing.

ROOSTERS
                            1. Manu
                            2. Tupuo
                            3. Morris
                            4. Smith
                            5. Ikuvalu
                            6. Huthchison
                            7. Walker
                            8. JWH
                            9. Verrills
                            10. SST
                            11. Liu
                            12. Tupouniua
                            13. Radley

INTERCHANGE:
                            14. Lam
                            15. Butcher E
                            16. Butcher N
                            17. Thomas

RESERVES:
                            18. Keighran
                            19. Hau Tapuha
                            20. Whyte
                            21. Suualii
                            Smith in and Suualii out?

OK?

Comment

Sorry, but i think he offers more than Lam.....

Comment

Working...
                              X