Official Match Day Thread: Roosters v Knights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Grant Hedger View Post
    We beat Sutton. Suck on that you little fool.
    Rose coloured glasses seemed to be present at the game.
    Knights players were allowed to hold our players down and hold them far too long in tackles with impunity.

Comment

• Originally posted by stringaz View Post
      Angus you weirdo I'm crying tears of laughter at his eating thing then that saifiti bro dumps the ball on the hooter

Aaaaaaahahahahahahahahah
      He looked so funny. I suspect opposition fans thought it was arrogant. But I was laughing.

Comment

• Well done Egan Butcher. Gets better every week. Looks a good prospect.

Comment

• Originally posted by King Salvo View Post
          Any one have a list of the 30 players the Chooks took up to QLD - Ikuvalu suspected ACL and Smith possible Syndesmosis - Brad Abbey was in the extended Squad - J Morris will come back into Calcs for next week.

Don't think Robbo will have Crichton and Sitili in the centres next week -maybe Crichton ?
          Iku looked my like a bad ankle injury to me - break or torn ligaments.

Comment

• Hit and miss commentary tonight. Coops early on death riding us but rode the train late as it gathered steam and I think it was Warren Smith with a classic when describing some of our players. Something like... A Baker, 2 Butchers and a very nervous Lam!
            Last edited by rented tracksuit; 07-23-2021, 09:49 PM.
            FVCK CANCER

Comment

• The highlight of tonight is the confirmation that Adam K will be in the team and we will have a goal kicker.

Comment

• Fairweather fans aplenty in the Pen. Maybe needs a new name such as the Pendulum Pad or the Eastern Suburbs Swingers Club? During adversity most of you rant around like headless chooks. When we are cruising the praise flows plentifully. The Tedesco pass was a forward pass. Most of the time similar passes are let go though. The amount of unpenalised forward passes from Verrills at dummy half helped me accept the Tedesco ruling. The refs do unnecessarily target us, but that pass was forward. We won, that's what matters. We will not lose another game this year.

Go Easts!

Comment

• Originally posted by MCMLXVI View Post
                  Fairweather fans aplenty in the Pen. Maybe needs a new name such as the Pendulum Pad or the Eastern Suburbs Swingers Club? During adversity most of you rant around like headless chooks. When we are cruising the praise flows plentifully. The Tedesco pass was a forward pass. Most of the time similar passes are let go though. The amount of unpenalised forward passes from Verrills at dummy half helped me accept the Tedesco ruling. The refs do unnecessarily target us, but that pass was forward. We won, that's what matters. We will not lose another game this year.

Go Easts!
                  You are by and large, correct in your statement.

Comment

• Smith was a foot injury and Iku a ankle both on crutches and in moon boots

Comment

Fairweather fans aplenty in the Pen. Maybe needs a new name such as the Pendulum Pad or the Eastern Suburbs Swingers Club? During adversity most of you rant around like headless chooks. When we are cruising the praise flows plentifully. The Tedesco pass was a forward pass. Most of the time similar passes are let go though. The amount of unpenalised forward passes from Verrills at dummy half helped me accept the Tedesco ruling. The refs do unnecessarily target us, but that pass was forward. We won, that's what matters. We will not lose another game this year.

Go Easts!
                      I'll agree with the fairweather fans. Anyone heavily criticising us at this point in the year is having a laugh.
                      That being said, that pass wasn't forward at all. Touchie, commentators, players and pretty much everyone else agreed on that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Thirteen View Post
                        The highlight of tonight is the confirmation that Adam K will be in the team and we will have a goal kicker.
                        Amen to that..

Comment

• Top grinding game of footy won by the tougher team.
                          I thought Teddy was best then Manu, Crichton & Hutch then the rest of the team. The Chooks never get to play comfortably there is always injuries causing players to shift positions & then others have to come in to play in those positions so it causes clunkyness but the Chooks got down & dirty putting their bodies on the line in a torrid encounter for around 65 minutes until the Chooks got control. It was a top win for the club winning in those circumstances. The spine played the entire game & then having 2 experienced players in Manu & Crichton out wide was enough to keep the forwards & the other backs going. Sitilli gets a bit of a hard time about his defence but God is he strong awkward & rangy when hes got the ball. Verrills N Butcher & Rads who are not big blokes tried their arses off, JWH was good, I thought Robbo's interchanging was spot on the team never lowered its tempo. The bench players all contributed & are sure learning about NRL. The Knights have got 4 very tough forwards Barnett, Frizell & the Safiti brothers who arent small but the Chooks forwards stood up & got the chocolates. If they bring that grit next week they will get over Parra.

Comment

Go Easts!
                            Forward pass?

Watch the hands. The ball is allowed to travel forward.

Comment

• I thought Sam Verrills was class, there’s a real fiery character in there that I don’t think I’ve noticed before that I saw tonight. Saw him and heard him continually getting on his forwards case about not hitting the legs and tacking the ball carrier’s to the ground to slow the play the ball down and he was leading the line speed all night. Thought his passing looked a lot more slick tonight also, think he’s a massive addition to the side and we’ll start to see so over the next month.

Comment

• Much improved performance from the senior players, Teddy's best club match in many months.

Better.

Comment

Working...
                                X