Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Old mate's gonna get a shot with the Drizz...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old mate's gonna get a shot with the Drizz...

While trying to view Buzz' latest Easts stats article (tricky but doable without paid daily tell-u-cr@p access) I saw a little tidbit about how Jayden Nikorima might be heading to the Drizz.

Hope it works out for him. Can't say I hold any bad blood... while I'm quite strongly opposed to drugs, I reckon 4 years was pretty harsh for a young gun (purely a user) who was trying to get ahead.

He always had a looot of talent by reserve-grade standards, but never quite made it in first grade. IMO in a world were so many putrid so and so's (e.g. Lodge and Packer) get a second chance with a year or two off, this bloke deserves a second chance. Good luck!

Originally posted by ism22 View Post
    While trying to view Buzz' latest Easts stats article (tricky but doable without paid daily tell-u-cr@p access) I saw a little tidbit about how Jayden Nikorima might be heading to the Drizz.

Hope it works out for him. Can't say I hold any bad blood... while I'm quite strongly opposed to drugs, I reckon 4 years was pretty harsh for a young gun (purely a user) who was trying to get ahead.

He always had a looot of talent by reserve-grade standards, but never quite made it in first grade. IMO in a world were so many putrid so and so's (e.g. Lodge and Packer) get a second chance with a year or two off, this bloke deserves a second chance. Good luck!
    He failed 2 drug tests though before Chook sacked him and was caught a third time having paid an ex team mate a sum of money to sign a stat dec to say he spiked his drink- he was on big money i recall - 350k a season or thereabouts.

Comment

Originally posted by King Salvo View Post

He failed 2 drug tests though before Chook sacked him and was caught a third time having paid an ex team mate a sum of money to sign a stat dec to say he spiked his drink- he was on big money i recall - 350k a season or thereabouts.
      Aaah didn't know the context there but you're right, there's no suspension for 1st and 2nd offences hey! $350k to play for the Bears and he does that... poor form for there.

What is it with the cocaine BTW? Does it make them feel like they've just setup a clutch play to win an NRL grand final when in reality they're playing reggies and just got their pants pulled down by a bunch of random, part-time tradies?
      Last edited by ism22; 08-11-2021, 11:22 PM.

Comment

Now that I think about it, the ~2016/17 cultural cleansing forms a part of our 2018/19 success story.

Salvo raises a big point about how failed drug tests can easily get swept under the rug. Can only speculate but TBH this sorta stuff makes me wonder which ex-players failed their first & second tests then got told to get farked.

I came in saying this was a less serious offence, but it's pretty toxic when players are in touch with the underworld (through regular interactions with drug dealers) and are using drugs (you want a high performance culture with no harmful/unecessary BS going into people's systems ahead of big games... not a party/drugs culture).

Can anybody with a bit of insight talk to this one? Has Robbo quietly put a lot of effort into developing our culture/values rather than just focussing on the most naturally gifted players? Robbo seems to have a soft spot for guys like Hutcho and Watson who are less flashy than some, but very high quality human beings. Whereas, he's not afraid to tell guys like Latrell, Pearce, Hastings (and even J-Moz) that they've been dropped (like... dropped, no sugar coating it).
        Last edited by ism22; 08-12-2021, 10:02 AM.

Comment

I'm curious for Andrew Johns' thoughts on this one!
          FVCK CANCER

Comment

Originally posted by rented tracksuit View Post
            I'm curious for Andrew Johns' thoughts on this one!
            Just texted him. He told me that these substances are better than Lego.

Comment

Just texted him. He told me that these substances are better than Lego.
              Duplo?
              FVCK CANCER

Comment

Now that I think about it, the ~2016/17 cultural cleansing forms a part of our 2018/19 success story.

Salvo raises a big point about how failed drug tests can easily get swept under the rug. Can only speculate but TBH this sorta stuff makes me wonder which ex-players failed their first & second tests then got told to get farked.

I came in saying this was a less serious offence, but it's pretty toxic when players are in touch with the underworld (through regular interactions with drug dealers) and are using drugs (you want a high performance culture with no harmful/unecessary BS going into people's systems ahead of big games... not a party/drugs culture).

Can anybody with a bit of insight talk to this one? Has Robbo quietly put a lot of effort into developing our culture/values rather than just focussing on the most naturally gifted players? Robbo seems to have a soft spot for guys like Hutcho and Watson who are less flashy than some, but very high quality human beings. Whereas, he's not afraid to tell guys like Latrell, Pearce, Hastings (and even J-Moz) that they've been dropped (like... dropped, no sugar coating it).
                After he failed the second drug test he received a 12 game suspension same as Ben Barber- He only just avoided jail time as it's a serious offence bribing someone to commit a fraudulent act - signing a stat dec - The other player was Brad Keighran Adams older brother who received a six month intensive corrections order- serve the sentence in the community under strict supervision
                Last edited by King Salvo; 08-12-2021, 01:05 PM.

Comment

Wanted a team mate to sacrifice his career for this little piece of sh*t.......

Wasn't he the saviour?.......
                  Originally posted by Bondi Boy

Pathetic!
                  What a rabble we are.

Oh well, maybe next year

Comment

Originally posted by 4 the all in brawl View Post

Wanted a team mate to sacrifice his career for this little piece of sh*t.......

Wasn't he the saviour?.......
                    I think we had expectations that he was the better of the two brothers and mighta been able to replace Maloney?

Instead, he became a crack-sniffing park football player who forces people to falsify stat decs. Sounds like an all-round shyte bloke

Comment

Working...
                    X