Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mickie Lane View Post

I see it differently.
    To run in on a player & want to put a shot in on him & it comes off is tough but if it goes wrong it is dirty the toughness can bring out the dirtiness.
    What Victor Radley did earlier this year in my opinion was playing tough but others saw it as dirty play & agreed with his suspension.
    I suppose we need to work out what is grubby, dirty, rough, thuggery & tough what I think is different to what you think so how do we work out whats what?
    Its very hard to do because 99% of fane love their team & hate the rest so if its their player that commits the crime they jump up & down saying it was an accident but if its their player that has coped the foul play they call the opposition player grubby.
    If you take your myrtle and cerise coloured glasses off for a minute you’ll see that most of the angst against Latrine was for the way he acted AFTER the tackle . We all acknowledge that tackles for wrong sometimes and can cause injury, but usually the perpetrator shows concern to the injured player. Latrine on the other hand tried to push away Manu ( who was his team mate at one stage) and acted as if nothing has happened. There’s y the difference.

Comment

Originally posted by Rooster1908 View Post

Aggression is a a great hit driving your shoulder into someone's ribs ., Dirty is running in flat out a creaming someone's face with your shoulder / chest or whatever , then next up throwing a ball down full force next to a opposition players face .Both dangerous and way past the spirit and toughness of the game .I agree he is a great player but that's not to say he's not a dirty player .Big difference between dirty and tough . Great players Morely, Spud , Chief , sure occasionally it went wrong but they set out to hurt the opposition for sure but they also tried to do it within the rules of the time .
      Well said mate.

Comment

Originally posted by OMR View Post

If you take your myrtle and cerise coloured glasses off for a minute you’ll see that most of the angst against Latrine was for the way he acted AFTER the tackle . We all acknowledge that tackles for wrong sometimes and can cause injury, but usually the perpetrator shows concern to the injured player. Latrine on the other hand tried to push away Manu ( who was his team mate at one stage) and acted as if nothing has happened. There’s y the difference.
        But we were talking specifically about aggression & grubbiness not what happened after the tackle.
        I dont dislike Latrell & I dont dislike any of the other 15 clubs.
        Go the Roosters

Comment

Originally posted by OMR View Post

( 100% )
          agree

Comment

Latrine was a grub even with us. We were just happy to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Voodoo Man View Post
              In my opionion, if Latrell had carried on like that when he played with us, we would have tried to rein him instead of victim blaming and deflecting like Souffs did. It was all about justifying his actions instead of accepting that there was an issue with him. Latrell's next couple of years will certainly define the legacy he leaves the game with

Comment

Originally posted by milanja View Post

I don’t mind any player being a grub, but Latrell showed absolutely no care or remorse when he saw the state Manu was in, that is the part that will be remembered about it, people will never forgive Cameron Smith for how he reacted when they paralysed Alex McKinnon either.
                And how he threw the ball at the young prop after he scored later. Scumbag. ACL.

Comment

Aggression is a a great hit driving your shoulder into someone's ribs ., Dirty is running in flat out a creaming someone's face with your shoulder / chest or whatever , then next up throwing a ball down full force next to a opposition players face .Both dangerous and way past the spirit and toughness of the game .I agree he is a great player but that's not to say he's not a dirty player .Big difference between dirty and tough . Great players Morely, Spud , Chief , sure occasionally it went wrong but they set out to hurt the opposition for sure but they also tried to do it within the rules of the time .
                  Exactly. The grubbiest part about it was his lack of any concern for Joey and the way he slammed the ball down when he came back on showed he still had zero concern whatsoever. It was all about him. Assuming the ‘tackle’ was an act of aggression gone wrong and therefore an accident, you’d think he would show some concern for Joey’s face. But nah, he said ‘wtf do I have to apologise for’? In my books that’s grubby behaviour.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Voodoo Man View Post
                    Not true for all I'm afraid.I for one hated his and others grubby crap and called him out on here for it .The difference is he took it to a next level that night.I reckon he was and is embarrassed and ashamed by his behaviour but his massive chip he carries to all things Roosters won't allow him to admit it or show remorse . Robbo .Joey and the family forgave him and you would expect nothing else from good people but that's the public showing .I would expect behind the scenes then there may be other opinions.

Comment

Not true for all I'm afraid.I for one hated his and others grubby crap and called him out on here for it .The difference is he took it to a next level that night.I reckon he was and is embarrassed and ashamed by his behaviour but his massive chip he carries to all things Roosters won't allow him to admit it or show remorse . Robbo .Joey and the family forgave him and you would expect nothing else from good people but that's the public showing .I would expect behind the scenes then there may be other opinions.
                      Joey and his family are good people. I wonder if the shoe was on the other foot would Latrine and his family forgive Joey? I doubt it

Comment

Originally posted by SupermanSupportsEasts4Eva View Post

Joey and his family are good people. I wonder if the shoe was on the other foot would Latrine and his family forgive Joey? I doubt it
                        I can only assume you know the Mitchell family otherwise how could you possibly know what his family would say if the situation was reversed.

Anyhow judging by all the correspondence in this thread the hurt of Latrell moving on still hasn't eased for many.When Bryan Fletcher left us after winning the 2002 premiership and signed with Souths as captain no Roosters supporter gave a flying fig!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SupermanSupportsEasts4Eva View Post

Why ?
                          do you know them personally?

Comment

Originally posted by Bondicigar View Post

Why ?
                            do you know them personally?
                            No he doesn’t. I assume he picked up good vibes from Joey’s family when they came out pretty quickly after the incident to say they forgive Latrell. In most peoples eyes that would make them good people. And of course Joey is a good person. He’s a Rooster.

Comment

Originally posted by Random Rooster View Post

I can only assume you know the Mitchell family otherwise how could you possibly know what his family would say if the situation was reversed.

Anyhow judging by all the correspondence in this thread the hurt of Latrell moving on still hasn't eased for many.When Bryan Fletcher left us after winning the 2002 premiership and signed with Souths as captain no Roosters supporter gave a flying fig!!!
                              This is nothing to do with Latrine leaving the Roosters Random, its all about his behavior that night and his continuing and past grubby play be it at the Roosters or the Vermin . Race , team or family has nothing to do with it , its all on him.

Comment

Mitchell has been a grub for a long time. Always resented being tackled, and very quick with a cheap shot. I'd really like to see how he goes when someone really gets in his face. I think he will fold like a pussy.

Got a huge ego combined with a chip on both shoulders. I don't see a long future for him. Not a fullbacks asshole and will be found out soon enough. Can't be fit carrying all that lard around. I don't think he can transition to the forwards.

Can't wait to see some of our blokes give it to him. He hides most of the time, but hopefully Rads can catch up to him somewhere.

Comment

Working...
                                X