No announcement yet.

Toops 200 games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have him just behind The Fox as the current best.

Comment

The Iceman is a club stalwart. Congratulations to him.

Comment

Congratulations to Toups. The man is a very humble champion.

Comment

Great achievement from a guy that didn't come from much. He's made his errors over the years and still does at times, but what sticks out for me is his performances in each of the 3 GF's he's played in. He's been outstanding in each one of them and that says a lot.

Comment

My favourite Rooster alongside Keary. Very deserved milestone and will eventually end up the all time top try scorer for the club. As said previously, he is a Rooster through and through and took less money to stay. Well done Toups!

Comment

Congratulations to Daniel. My favourite performances of his was making the Wolfman invisible in the 2013 grand final and also scoring a hat trick in Toowoomba. Such a lovely humble gentle soul and the only time I see him angry is with himself and not others. Unlike some..

Stupid stupid Parra for not recognising his potential...
              "Those who care about you can hear you, even when you are quiet" - Steve Maraboli

Comment

Originally posted by TeddyGoat View Post
                SST 150 too I think. Huge game all around!
                SST's 150 was last week vs Canberra

Comment

Originally posted by crikey chris View Post
                  From Parra reggies to triple premiership winner. The quiet achiever and probably the most underrated winger in the comp throughout his career. A humble human. 116 tries in 199 games. Will catch skd on 121. Epitomizes the pride and class of wearing our famous colours. Well done Daniel.
                  Not even Parra reggies - Parra NYC under 20's -2010 to 2011 - 22 games and 9 tries.

I have been told this that the reason Parra cut him was that he was too tall and cumbersome.

They may have thought he may be another Phil Mann - Mann had no problems catching the bombs at 201 cm (6ft 7) tall - his downfall was the grubber kicks as he had trouble bending down to gather them.

Comment

He is an ornament to the game and our club. So underrated. The pen loves you Giraffe

Comment

Been great to watch him go from a discarded NYC player to arguably the most consistent winger of the past decade.

He’s never tried to be anything he isn’t, his durability in the position is unmatched and he’s performed in a position that seems to have had a change in job description multiple times throughout his career and at every occasion he’s always been up there with the best.

I remember when he first started out he was easy pickings and plenty were calling him soft, he went away and changed his running style and now he’s consistently in the top 3 wingers in the comp for metres gained.

Such a good story of humility and hard work. It’s a privilege to see players like him pull on our great jersey because our club is so much richer for having him represent us.

Congratulations on the 200, hopefully 100 more to come.

Comment

3 times Roosters Premiership player! THREE!!!

Have they found The Wolfman yet?

Comment

Wolf man is Still hiding in the air raid bunker

Comment

Originally posted by Thirteen View Post
                            3 times Roosters Premiership player! THREE!!!

Have they found The Wolfman yet?
                            Williams wasn't a bad player though and a better player than his older Brother John who played 12 games for the Chooks in 2007 - Another of those Parra juniors who don't advance to NRL - 103 games for Manly and 66 tries - 2 games for City - 1 try , 2 games for NSW- 2 tries and 2 for Australia - 4 tries

I recall he got rubbed out of the game for betting on matches
                            Last edited by King Salvo; 09-10-2021, 09:00 PM.

Comment

How good was Tuups?
                              Snuffed out the last play with a solid tackle in his 200th game. Roosters legend
                              ..it’ll be interesting to see

Comment

Working...
                              X