What's become of the Bondi wall?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's become of the Bondi wall?

Quite a few times last night the Tits went straight through our middle. I still can't believe how easily Kelly got through and scored. I don't see us stopping the chip stealers next week.

I mean, they only really breached our line once or twice. Scored immediately off two mistakes, and once of a horror bounce from a grubber kick.

There's also no shame in struggling to control that Titans pack. Wallace, Fotuaika, Proctor, Tino, Fifita, Lisone is an absolute monster roster. I felt a lot more comfortable in the ruck when Jared came back on.
    You also have to bear in mind that Baker played about 10 minutes and Taukeiaho was injured and immediately came off. They had every right to win the middle when we essentially had one interchange forward.

Comment

We handled their large pack very well. It was our errors which kept them in the game. We gifted them that try from iku’s fumble. Just really silly stuff. Titans we’re nowhere near our level but we just kept inviting them in.
      “Soon will the present day order be rolled up, and a new one spread out in its stead”- (Baha’u’llah)

Comment

Yeah I think you could clearly see an intent in our defensive line last night. At the end of the day they scored 2 fifth tackle kick tries and a gift from Ikuvalu for Wallace to dive over.

I think the Bondi/North Sydney Bears wall looked good last night and hope it gets even better next week!

Comment

You defend with your attack as well, the longer you have the ball the less you tackle the fresher you are, etc. Our attack didn't ask any questions of the defence, so when that happens you have to roll up your sleeves and tackle.
          When we hit 18--6 I was thinking put Walker on.
          As a result the last 25.mins was painful watching them defending a lead.

Comment

Originally posted by easts4eva View Post
            You defend with your attack as well, the longer you have the ball the less you tackle the fresher you are, etc. Our attack didn't ask any questions of the defence, so when that happens you have to roll up your sleeves and tackle.
            When we hit 18--6 I was thinking put Walker on.
            As a result the last 25.mins was painful watching them defending a lead.
            Yep agreed.

My reading of Robbo's press conference was that he was intentionally wrapping Walker in cotton wool because our season depends on him being fit & available. Robbo pretty much said that he was planning to play without Walker.

Now that Verrills is more than likely suspended, I think it was the right call. Be interesting to see who plays against Manly... Lam might have to play 80.

Comment

I'd be happy with a rabbit proof fence atm

Comment

Half the team is missing for farks sake.

Comment

3 bench players;
                  2 min
                  8 min
                  9 min
                  !! Fark me we were always going to get tired as fark. These figures will go largely unnoticed in the media but just on those alone i rate this win higher than most

Comment

Originally posted by Bondicigar View Post
                    I'd be happy with a rabbit proof fence atm
                    They will have one if they beat manly.

Comment

Originally posted by ism22 View Post

Yep agreed.

My reading of Robbo's press conference was that he was intentionally wrapping Walker in cotton wool because our season depends on him being fit & available. Robbo pretty much said that he was planning to play without Walker.

Now that Verrills is more than likely suspended, I think it was the right call. Be interesting to see who plays against Manly... Lam might have to play 80.
                      Maybe Lam to hooker and Marshcke to the bench for vice versa.

Anyone know if Nat butcher is back?

If so I guess Baker drops off(If TKO is fit)

Let's hope Radley is good to go too

Comment

Jake Friend and Boyd Cordner were key bricks in the Bondi wall.

Verills and Sitili are not even close as replacements for that staunch resilience in the middle at this stage.

Comment

The bondi wall is in a rebirth..all the ins and outs create instability. Like Tits last attempt to score a mixed bag of bad and great defence...created the missed opportunity
                          Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe

Comment

Working...
                          X