No announcement yet.

Wounded Roosters shouldn't be here!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When the top teams lose 3 or 4 key players to SOO, they don't often win matches during the series (unless they've been gifted a simple draw). We lost an entire side for most of the year and still came in 5th. A win on Friday will be nothing short of a miracle.
    1985: 1 try vs Parramatta, 1 try vs Manly, 1 try vs Wests, 2 tries vs Souffs
    1986: 2 tries vs Illawarra, 1 try vs Balmain, 2 tries vs Norths.

Comment

Reminds me... how the hell is Hutcho playing? One tough b*gger!!!

Comment

Originally posted by gothechooks
        Remember, we lost Cordner, Friend, B Morris and Collins early on, not to mention Manu later on.

I wonder how Storm would have faired without Finucane, Cheese, Addo-Carr, and Welch for the year + no Olam for the finals?

Or Penrith without Yeo, Koroisau, To'o and Fisher-Harris for the year + no Burton for the finals?

Or Souths without Murray, Cook, Johnston and Tommy Burgess for the year + no Latrell for the... oh wait...
        You're being generous there too. We played last week without what... Morris, Manu, Suaalii, Keary, Friend, Cordner, SST, Collins and Verrills. Based on current rosters I think this is the equivalent of:

- Storm without Ado-Carr, Olam, Hynes, Munster, B-Smith, Kaufusi, Bromwich, Welch and Grant.

- Riff without To'o, Burton, Monirovski, Cleary, Koroisau, Martin, Eisenhuth, Fisher-Harris and

- Souffs without Johnston, Latrell, Gagai, Reynolds, Cook, Arrow, Burgess, Murray and Benji.

- Manly without Garrick, Parker, Saab, DCE, [Croker?], Taupau, Aloiai, Schuster and Lawton.

It really is crazy stuff how well we've done. IMO all the above steams would be down and out without the said players.

Comment

Working...
        X