Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Salvatori Grubber View Post

Ahem, SKD says hi
    And a big hello to you also Salvo. Correct me if i'm wrong but our club stood by SKD when he was unfairly slapped with assault charges which he was subsequently acquitted of.
    Not long afterwards he was in the news again busted in a niteclub with a bag of coke. The club didn't react by sacking him either but I reckon most clubs would have seen it as an opportunity to swing the axe and save $$$ however, SKD was allowed to play on, proudly wearing the RWB and becoming our 2nd highest try scorer as a result.

It was time for "Rocks & Diamonds" to move on because he was probably not going to be re-signed and he cut a deal and joined the Knights in 2017. Interestingly, we achieved premiership success in the ensuing years.

Comment

• Originally posted by theGman View Post

And a big hello to you also Salvo. Correct me if i'm wrong but our club stood by SKD when he was unfairly slapped with assault charges which he was subsequently acquitted of.
      Not long afterwards he was in the news again busted in a niteclub with a bag of coke. The club didn't react by sacking him either but I reckon most clubs would have seen it as an opportunity to swing the axe and save $$$ however, SKD was allowed to play on, proudly wearing the RWB and becoming our 2nd highest try scorer as a result.

It was time for "Rocks & Diamonds" to move on because he was probably not going to be re-signed and he cut a deal and joined the Knights in 2017. Interestingly, we achieved premiership success in the ensuing years.
      It was 2 years after the initial false domestic violence charge and that the cocaine night happened. He also didn't play on after the cocaine bust he was stood down and then released, IIRC this happened during a bye round and he'd played his last game for the club about 2 weeks before that happened and he got sacked before his court hearing.

Comment

• Originally posted by SamKerrSimp View Post

Make no mistake though Parramatta are the real biggest team in Sydney. Where I work out in Penrith territory it's majority Parramatta fans, I would bet money on Parramatta having more fans in Mt Druitt than Penrith and unlike Souths their fans actually exist.
        You're so right.
        Parra are the sleeping giants of the NRL however, politics, infighting and sub standard management continue to cruel their chances. Fancy having a 5 man say on recruitment!
        They've always been a cashed up club and selfishly for this reason i'm of the opinion that their main stars like Gutho and Moses remain there.

Comment

• Originally posted by theGman View Post

Like!

Yeah fair enough - I’m an unabashed SKD-ophile and would have loved to see our own rock(s and diamonds) star be honoured with fanfare.

Manly 2013 gf and Tigers 2010 semi alone have him at tier 1 legend status, then add in the Clovelly Crocs and the tries.
          Making Steve Naughton look like Vince Mellars...

Comment

• Originally posted by Salvatori Grubber View Post
            Like!

Yeah fair enough - I’m an unabashed SKD-ophile and would have loved to see our own rock(s and diamonds) star be honoured with fanfare.

Manly 2013 gf and Tigers 2010 semi alone have him at tier 1 legend status, then add in the Clovelly Crocs and the tries.
            agreed

Comment

• Originally posted by Bondicigar View Post

I was going to tell you how good you are but I didn't get a chance.
              you already know anyway lol
              Sometimes u gotta sell yourself to stand out from the crowd...most do it on here in different ways.

I usually prefer to chat/ interact with peeps who know what they talking about.. maybe it's just me..

Comment

• Originally posted by Rocky Rhodes View Post

Sometimes u gotta sell yourself to stand out from the crowd...most do it on here in different ways.

I usually prefer to chat/ interact with peeps who know what they talking about.. maybe it's just me..
                Fair enough haha

Comment

Working...
                X