Thank fark...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thank fark...

the 2021 season is over. Obviously a difficult time for our club and I thought the quality of games this season was atrocious. The finals in particular were a very low standard IMO.

Can't wait to see us take the field with something that resembles a healthy team in 2022

Yeah I know - that was actually a really crap GF last night, apart from the result of course.

My orgasmic joy at Souffs' agony is tempered by the fact remaining that the game of RL has been ruined by the farcical "rule changes" forced onto the game by an out of control egomaniac in VLandys. Until he and his regime are cleared out and the rules of real rugby league are restored, the game will remain a farce.

Comment

I think the finals series showed that if teams defend well then the games are close - too many excuses being used that set restarts gives too much advantage to the team in possession.

Defence dominated in most games in the finals series and teams seemed very reluctant to try something different to break open the game.

Last nights GF an example - both teams went into the game with the view the game would be an arm wrestle and played accordingly - when defence is on top you can't keep doing the same thing hit up after hit and kick and hope you wear the other team down or force errors.

No team took the bull by the horns so to speak and kick early - kicking early and chase well means the other team will waste tackles before their forwards get back and also gives you a chance to move ball and wingers and full backs will drop back early expecting the early kick.

You have to move the ball as well including in your own 20 and half.

I don't think it was a high quality GF - Penrith for instance had 61 missed tackles which must be a season high for any team - The close score kept the interest in the game

Comment

Originally posted by player 1 View Post
        Yeah I know - that was actually a really crap GF last night, apart from the result of course.

My orgasmic joy at Souffs' agony is tempered by the fact remaining that the game of RL has been ruined by the farcical "rule changes" forced onto the game by an out of control egomaniac in VLandys. Until he and his regime are cleared out and the rules of real rugby league are restored, the game will remain a farce.
        Without Vlandy/Abdo and team there would have been no comp the last 2 years - to be able to relocate 13 teams and their families to QLD and pay for this to keep the comp going was some feat when you compare it to the AFL where many teams were like the Leyland Brother travelling all over Australia.

I don't mind the set restart but not saying it can't be tweaked - second one in a period of possession a penalty or set restarts inside the 20 only and penalties in the 20 to 20 areas or an advantage rule like in rugby -advantage not taken come back and award a penalty.

Coaches and teams can't be complaining about rule changes when they have all pre-seasons to train for it though - coaches and teams need to address and adjust the way they play. As far as the so called crackdown goes they were just enforcing the existing rules for foul play - for players to be caught more than once for the same offence is more to do with the player and coaching staff in not correcting this - Crichton was pinked for multiple late and crusher tackles - who is at fault there- Ditto Radley

Comment

Originally posted by King Salvo View Post
          I think the finals series showed that if teams defend well then the games are close - too many excuses being used that set restarts gives too much advantage to the team in possession.

Defence dominated in most games in the finals series and teams seemed very reluctant to try something different to break open the game.

Last nights GF an example - both teams went into the game with the view the game would be an arm wrestle and played accordingly - when defence is on top you can't keep doing the same thing hit up after hit and kick and hope you wear the other team down or force errors.

No team took the bull by the horns so to speak and kick early - kicking early and chase well means the other team will waste tackles before their forwards get back and also gives you a chance to move ball and wingers and full backs will drop back early expecting the early kick.

You have to move the ball as well including in your own 20 and half.

I don't think it was a high quality GF - Penrith for instance had 61 missed tackles which must be a season high for any team - The close score kept the interest in the game
          Salvo, if last night's game was referred like the regular season there would have been 20 set restarts. And a few more penalties for high shots. The same goes for the Panthers-Storm Prelim. The 10m was also about 8m for the most part.

The set restarts was put away for the big games.

So all the finals series proved, particularly Prelims onwards, is that once again the rule book as it is applied for 25 weeks goes completely out of the window.

Penrith, Souths and Storm did far worse all game than what we did vs Manly where we were hammered with 2 six agains and 2 penalties in the first 5 minutes; but they got away with it.

Consistency is dead. That's the issue and yet the ref putting the whistle sway still made for a better spectacle.

Comment

Originally posted by Tommy Smith View Post
            Salvo, if last night's game was referred like the regular season there would have been 20 set restarts. And a few more penalties for high shots. The same goes for the Panthers-Storm Prelim. The 10m was also about 8m for the most part.

So all the finals series proved, particularly Prelims onwards, is that once again the rule book as it is applied for 25 weeks goes completely out of the window.

Penrith, Souths and Storm did far worse all game than what we did vs Manly where we were hammered with 2 six agains and 2 penalties in the first 5 minutes; but they got away with it.

Consistency is dead. That's the issue and yet the ref putting the whistle sway still made for a better spectacle.
            There were numerous atrocious decisions last night. The worst wa when Kikau tackled the Souths player and knocked it out of Paulos hands and they ruled a drop out. They always intervene when they see the replay and they had time. Should have been a 7 tackle restart from the 20

Comment

Bring on 2022. So excited already for it. Seeing posts on social media from Angus, JS, Joey Manu, Teddy it gives me the feeling the boys are looking forward toward 2022 with a hunger. New coaching additions, and a brand new stadium hopefully opening in time for us to enjoy a few games there and a revitalised team chomping at the bit.

It’s going to be a long off season I feel, but one I will watch with extra interest. It’s a great time to be a Rooster.

Comment

The only semi final game where Sutton did NOT put away his whistle was when he refereed us with the penalties and 6 agains in the opening minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by Tommy Smith View Post

Spot on.
                  before they make a change to any rule or interpretation of any rule.
                  They should ask, would we enforce this rule in a locked up grand final with 2 minutes to go....

Comment

Originally posted by player 1 View Post

You couldn’t possibly have watched last night and thought it was crap

Comment

Last night was genuinely the best game of 2021 and the best reffed as well. Any rulings that appeared to be inconsistent where at least fair and interpreted in a way that made the most common sense. I can’t remember one example of an incompetent decision when judging it alone on its merits and not on how “consistent” it was.

Comment

Originally posted by Easts75 View Post
                        the 2021 season is over. Obviously a difficult time for our club and I thought the quality of games this season was atrocious. The finals in particular were a very low standard IMO.

Can't wait to see us take the field with something that resembles a healthy team in 2022

I couldn't watch last night without thinking... 'neither are THAT good... they're both there because the Drizz were high on coke and we had terrible luck with injuries/crackdowns'.

Comment

It was an epic game, 14-12 decided in the last minutes, defence was good by both teams with some great individual play.
                          Your kidding yourself if you didnt rate that game.

Comment

Thought it t was a great game but vermin were obviously ripped off., Didn't get any 50\50 calls and the ref was was against them all night., Ask any of There supporters and commentators and they will tell you this is true

Comment

The three best games of 2021:

Penrith 8-6 Eels
                              Penrith 10-6 Storm
                              Penrith 14-12 Rabbits

All low scoring; and the last two in particular had minimal ref involvement.

Call me cynical if you want, but Penrith and Souffs at times got away with murder in the ruck. I just can't imagine Sutton giving us the same latitude. He sure as shit did not vs Manly where he basically penalised us at the start until Manly scored.

Also Souffs won the penalty count handsomely in all three finals games. It's what they do. It's what they always do. So they should have zero complaints.

Comment

Working...
                              X