No announcement yet.

Manu puts Roosters in awkward position

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

With the Chooks signing Momirovski & if true Naiqama plus Smith & Suaalii I think Joey will leave. I actually believe the Roosters & Joey already both know whats happening. I would say the Chooks made him an offer before Nov 1 (tomorrow) but he didnt sign it so that indicates to me he is moving on. Hopefully he stays for 2022.

Comment

Bye bye Joey, thanks for your efforts, but we have seen the best of you, chase the money, but give up the premierships and the chance of being a Rooster for life.....all downhill from here for you, but you will have some extra cash, which will mean nothing when you retire. Things like this mak eme love Toops more, been offered plenty more to leave, but loyalty kept him with us, and now he is a Roosters legend. and that you can take to the bank.

Comment

Manu and Keary in the halves would be a gun pairing

Comment

Originally posted by NorfolkStreetKid View Post
          Bye bye Joey, thanks for your efforts, but we have seen the best of you, chase the money, but give up the premierships and the chance of being a Rooster for life.....all downhill from here for you, but you will have some extra cash, which will mean nothing when you retire. Things like this mak eme love Toops more, been offered plenty more to leave, but loyalty kept him with us, and now he is a Roosters legend. and that you can take to the bank.
          I think a million would test out Toops's loyalty too.

Comment

Originally posted by SamKerrSimp View Post
            Manu and Keary in the halves would be a gun pairing
            For one year.

Originally posted by SamKerrSimp View Post

I’d be surprised if Keary doesn’t retire next year
            Last edited by Cockadoodledoo; 10-31-2021, 08:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by fletch View Post
              Anyone who thinks Manu is blackmailing the club is an idiot.

For me losing Manu would be more devastating than losing either RTS/Latrell he is part of the fabric of the club to the point the younger outside backs look up to him, the club needs to be very careful what they do regarding Manu they better be sure Keary/Suaalii/Smith are all going to still be here fit and available by the time 2024 rolls around before letting him leave.
              You can’t play $1.2m for a centre. Idiot clubs like Tigers do things like that and it screws them for years. I am sure we have put our best offer. Let’s hope it’s not all about money.

Comment

Originally posted by Cockadoodledoo View Post

For one year.

Manu leaving for the Warriors too

Comment

Originally posted by NorfolkStreetKid View Post
                  If he re-signs you will look like more of a schmuck than usual.

Comment

Originally posted by Kelby View Post

So he is offered 800K but not enough.

Stuff the team .... i want to play fullback (and the money involved).
                    I call that greed. I call that putting himself over the teams needs.

Good on him at the warriors with his 1.1 million.
                    So I presume you've never changed employers for more money and more responsibility. And any workmate who has has been immediately dropped from your Xmas card list!

Comment

Really dislike the negative sentiment towards Manu on here..

It's easy being a fan with nothing but undying loyalty to a club. But when your career is short, you go chase what you enjoy doing + what $ you need to set up your life post football, to the best extent you can. And yes an extra $200k each year is enormous - don't kid yourselves.

Manu has also been very very transparent with all involved about his fullback ambitions. We've seen how much he enjoyed it when he got a taste of it during the season. So I think this is more than just about money.

I think the club realises that too and are resigned to losing him. Time for some of us to toughen up.

Comment

Originally posted by mattyh View Post
                        just a left field suggestion if manu leaves ...

would we consider nick cotric , on the outer at the dogs . at the right price he could thrive in our system and hit his 19 heights again.

wed also get him far cheaper then what we wpuld offer joey so more money in the kitty for a b smith, or a n other signing ?
                        I’d definitely go after Cotric, a great player who would thrive at the
                        Roosters. Having said that I’m very nervous about losing Joey. The fact he’s waited till November 1 suggests he’s seriously considering other offers and the chance to play fullback.

Comment

Originally posted by mattyh View Post
                          just a left field suggestion if manu leaves ...

would we consider nick cotric , on the outer at the dogs . at the right price he could thrive in our system and hit his 19 heights again.

wed also get him far cheaper then what we wpuld offer joey so more money in the kitty for a b smith, or a n other signing ?
                          Would be a great move.

Cotric wanted to come to the Roosters before going to the Dogs.

Losing out on Manu for 800k but signing Cotric for 500k with the Dogs chipping in some money would be a classic Roosters move. Then use the extra 300k towards signing a Block of Cheese.

I'm honestly not concerned if Joey leaves. We've seen it all before with RTS and Latrell but at the end of the day the Roosters will remain strong whilst ever Robbo is at the helm.

Comment

Originally posted by Thirteen View Post

If he re-signs you will look like more of a schmuck than usual.
                            Shut up you goose, couldn't challenge you as the reigning big mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by Steakface View Post
                              He isn't 'blackmailing' the club.

The fact is, the Warriors want to give him 1 million to play fullback.

Joey loves the Roosters, so he has simply come to the leadership group and asked if anything is possible along the same lines.

But anyone on this forum who says they wouldn't take and extra 300,000 - 400,000k a year, and the only catch was they needed to change employers, is lying or is a moron.
                              Posts like Kelby's above are borderline mentally ill.

I think it's clear this is Joeys last year with the club coming up. Let's hope he can go out a winner.
                              Why is it so hard to believe that people value things other than money?

We're not talking about the difference between earning 60k p.a. vs 90k p.a. when you've got a young family.

This is a young footballer who would still earn over 5m dollars over the next 7 years at a football club. A football club with the smartest connections away from the game that'd help Joey invest that money wisely to set himself up for life.

You don't think Cords turned down more money elsewhere? Toops, Aubo... it's hardly unheard of.

The next 7 years will be the remainder of the pinnacle of Joey's life. Does he want to spend those days earning 5.6m (800k p.a.) at the club he loves - winning Premierships and surrounded by long time mates. Or the alternative of 7m (a smaller gap after tax) playing little to no finals footy at a club with a losing culture.

For another example, Cody Walker is apparently set to sign a 1yr extension for 600k when he could earn 1m elsewhere. But he LOVES Souffs (yuck). Should he just follow the money and say "to hell with my dreams and passion in life?"

Comment

Originally posted by Kelby View Post

So he is offered 800K but not enough.

Stuff the team .... i want to play fullback (and the money involved).
                                I call that greed. I call that putting himself over the teams needs.

Good on him at the warriors with his 1.1 million.
                                Who are you to judge him like that? Do you know his circumstances? Is it still greed if it's so he can give back to his family? Who says there's not a reason why he needs that money?

No one on here knows him or his situation, let's leave the personal attacks out of it.

Comment

Working...
                                X