Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BigCok007 View Post
    Jeez this time I hope Buzz’s mail is right
    I reckon it will be. Manu has had the benefit of seeing the cluster that has been RTS's time at the Warriors. Stay at the Roosters, get good coin and once your playing career is done, he will be looked after in one way or another and remembered a club legend. There may even be other things like Captaincy when Teddy is done. I am super confident that he will stay.

Comment

Originally posted by Davo View Post
      Comments from Rothfield this morning,

MANU TO RE-COMMIT TO ROOSTERS

Joey Manu is one of the hottest names to become a ‘free agent’ from Monday. The Roosters superstar took his game to another level this season, especially impressing when he filled in at fullback and five-eighth.

The 25-year-old caught the attention of the Warriors who have been very open about their intentions to table him an offer for 2023 and beyond.

​​​​​​

The offer is said to be around the $1 million per season mark given the club has a lot of cash to spend after Roger Tuivasa-Sheck’s departure.

It was reported over the weekend that Manu’s desire to permanently switch to fullback or five-eighth could force the Roosters to let him go given they’ve already got James Tedesco and Luke Keary in those positions.

However, in a huge boost for the Roosters, Rothfield believes Manu will re-sign with the club in the next two days on a deal worth around $150,000 less than what he could get at the Warriors.

“I think in the next 48 hours, the great Roosters centre Joey Manu, who’s going to get a $1 million-plus offer from the Warriors, I think he’s going to recommit to the Roosters,” he told Sky Sports Radio’s Big Sports Breakfast.

“I think he’s going to take unders, probably $850,000 or something like that. I think he wants to be a one-club player.

“They’re about to hit 30 and Joey’s much younger. I think that will come... I’m getting good mail that he’ll stay at the Roosters.”
      This sounds awesome. Hope Buzz is right on this. He generally gets good mail from us though which is very promising. I think he has a great relationship with Robbo.

Comment

Looks like Joey read my post, and realized the folly of chasing just money against the opportunity to become a Roosters great.

Comment

If the offer is only 150K different I think he will definitely stay with the Roosters. Great news.

Comment

Originally posted by NorfolkStreetKid View Post
            Looks like Joey read my post, and realized the folly of chasing just money against the opportunity to become a Roosters great.
            Wipe that egg off ya face ya old goose. Love ya Kid!

Comment

Really hope the reports are true- Manu's versatility will be invaluable....& he just doesn't "cover "every position in the halves and backline, he covers these positions at an elite standard.

Anyhow whatever will be will be but i hate to see a great player and a quality person leave

Comment

Originally posted by Random Rooster View Post
                Really hope the reports are true- Manu's versatility will be invaluable....& he just doesn't "cover "every position in the halves and backline, he covers these positions at an elite standard.

Anyhow whatever will be will be but i hate to see a great player and a quality person leave
                I think that is the key... you don't pay centre massive coin, but if he has those qualities its a great investment! Especially with only one of the halves taking big dollars... you can easily fit 5 or 6 guys in your squad who are on good coin if you have good value elsewhere.

Comment

awesome news, good on ya joey, he will prob get 8 plus games per season at fb and 5/8 th with injuries , origin , rep games etc

Comment

Originally posted by mattyh View Post
                    awesome news, good on ya joey, he will prob get 8 plus games per season at fb and 5/8 th with injuries , origin , rep games etc
                    He did say he wanted to be considered at 6 or 1, .
                    that's not really a demand to play a different position.
                    fingers crossed he stays

Comment

Manu on 850k to play centre will destroy our cap management going forward.
                      ‘I think they will expect young Walker to the Dolphins and Manu to transition into 5/8. Or Keary to move on.
                      A centre on 850k just does not work and I don’t care if he can cover other positions​​​​​, it’s who we lose in other positions that worries me.
                      I love Manu, but I think he should take the money on offer with a 4 year deal and set himself up for life.
                      I know people won’t like what I have to say but I don’t think he is an 850k centre, Mitchell was.
                      ‘I also don’t think he is a 5/8, he could prove me wrong.
                      He would make a better Fullback than Mitchell.
                      We can’t get emotional about a player just because he is a good bloke. This is a business.
                      Last edited by Team Evil; 11-02-2021, 07:02 AM.

Comment

Manu is one of those elite players with x-factor and can change a game in the blink of an eye.

But is he worth $850k?

I say YES, even if means we will need to sacrifice a player like SST …

Comment

Hoping Manu re-signs. The only concern I have is that this has dragged on for a while. If he really wanted to stay then why not resign as yet? The promise of a FB jersey at other clubs is what worries me, not so much the extra $$$ on offer

Comment

One thing in our favour over the Warriors is the way we treat our players. Dale Copley even got a better send off than RTS.

Comment

I think with the increased speed of the game, there will be more opportunities for anyone to show their skills in 2022. Trent repeatedly talked about multiple points of attack this yr. I suspect he'll stay and we will play a style of football that gives him the opportunity to roam or swap position during the game. He sorta started doing it a bit this year. Teddy needs to run some decoys, sometimes, to make him even more effective.

Comment

[QUOTE=roostermcgregor; Sorry, $16.000 per week. More than most of us earn in a month.

What a gormless comment but not surprising. It certainly is more than "most of us" earn in a month, a lot more don't ya know. The median (most common) wage in NSW is less than $50K per annum so it is more than 16x the wage that most people earn. Your mob, Macca, prefer to promote the average wage which is a distortion of the reality of things.
                                No wonder that you've been so vociferous about denigrating equity in the past. The Median Joe could have done with the benefit of that Super profits Mining tax - the bastard of a thing that caused your mining share portfolio to stagger momentarily.

Comment

Working...
                                X