No announcement yet.

Fa'amanu Brown

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Atoni, Momirovski, Naiqama and Brown - this is a bunch of dud signings straight out of 2006

Comment

Originally posted by SamKerrSimp View Post
      Atoni, Momirovski, Naiqama and Brown - this is a bunch of dud signings straight out of 2006
      I mean give some of these players a chance, we're not going always gonna sign the likes of Brandon Smith every season.. not to mesnion that the 06' Roosters arnt even on the same level of the current squad. These are necessary depth signings to bulid squad depth, im sure the club are working on a big one soon, just be patient.

Comment

He showed a lot of promise at the Sharks....just couldn't take a trick with injuries. A train and trial contract is a good start- you show nothing nothing you get nothing.Dont know why any Chooks supporter could complain with that- try before you buy!

Seems like some on here are expecting a big name signing but there isn't any big names that would suit the Roosters on offer

Comment

Have a look at his highlights reel. He could be anything with the right coaching at our club. If he stays injury free I think this guy might surprise many. With his goal kicking ability & versatility & after the year we had he will be right in line for a NRL spot.

Comment

Let's see how you feel about Atoni come mid 2022. The guy has loads of potential and I can see Robbo turning him into SST 2.0.

Comment

Originally posted by Tommy Smith View Post
              Let's see how you feel about Atoni come mid 2022. The guy has loads of potential and I can see Robbo turning him into SST 2.0.
              The guy will be 27 next year, SST was 22 or 23 when he came over and was one of the hottest prospects in their dominant Toyota cup teams there’s a big difference between the two. None of these signings are exciting for the future.

Comment

The guy will be 27 next year, SST was 22 or 23 when he came over and was one of the hottest prospects in their dominant Toyota cup teams there’s a big difference between the two. None of these signings are exciting for the future.
                Huh? SST started off as a centre and we developed him into the forward he is today oh and btw he was definitely NOT one of the “ hottest talents “.. he was a solid junior with prospects not much higher then atoni’s right now. You really do talk outta your ass sometimes simp, you really fkn do.
                Last edited by ChookMaster; 11-01-2021, 10:34 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tommy Smith View Post
                  No doubt!

Comment

Please don't remind me of those dark years , resembles the Tigers recruitment now lol

Comment

On face value there isn't a lot of excitement with our recruitment. However....note what the Storm have done with no-names and good systems. Let's see if TIT can work similarly.

Comment

Originally posted by Lydon View Post
                        When you look at last year with all the injuries we had, most guys who stepped up into the top squad looked like world beaters due to the systems and coaching Robbo has in place at the Club!

So based on that alone I have no issue with the signings of Brown and Naquima!
                        I still remember you raving on about Keary when he signed to join us from the scum rabbits. Hardly anyone on here shared the same view as you and how right you were.

Comment

Train and trial signings invariably don't lead to a proper contract. Atoni is viewed as a number 4 or 5 front rower. He will surprise and is the sort of no nonsense guy you need for a 25-30 minutes stint, when resting your starters. Naiqama replaces Ikavalu and won't be starting unless there are injuries. Momorovski is a jack of all trades and again if the likes of Suaalii or Smith can stay fit, will be competing with them for a spot in the starting line up.

You can't have your cake and eat it, on one hand you want the club to fork out a million for Manu and then complain we are signing these guys. Maybe you should ask yourself, why we are signing these budget signings? It's because we to free up decent coin to keep the likes of Manu. You say who cares about the salary cap? I will tell you who, Daniel Anderson, Trent Robinson, Joe Kelly and Nick Politis. Well maybe not Nick lol..
                          Last edited by Cockadoodledoo; 11-01-2021, 01:07 PM.

Comment

You can't have superstars on big money in every position. Need some cheapies to balance the salary cap. As it's a trial and train, could turn out to be a Trent masterstroke

Comment

Obviously we are looking for good value cover for many positions after the clusterfuk we went through this year, all of them have plenty of ability so a very smart move in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by crikey chris View Post
                                You can't have superstars on big money in every position. Need some cheapies to balance the salary cap. As it's a trial and train, could turn out to be a Trent masterstroke
                                The 2019 team was pretty much a superstar in every position, not sure that will be topped.

Comment

Working...
                                X