Farewell Pearcey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Farewell Pearcey

Off to see out the final years of his playing career in France as many ex-Roosters seem be doing these days.

No matter what anyone says 309 games, premiership winner and state of origin winner (that one took a while and some heartache) is more than 99% of players who start their journey in Rugby League can say.

Best of luck, always busted a gut in our colours.

What's your favourite Pearce moment?

Hard to go past the field goal on Anzac day for mine. One of my favourite days outside of finals and the Dragons had the wood over us on the last couple of previous outings. Will stick in the memory bank for a long time.

I'd rather this thread kick on than the one knocking him. (Never 'get' the rubbishing our own players thing...).

Pearcey is a good, no...very good footballer who did a lot in the red, white and blue. Tough as, quick , and tried his best every time from recollection.

Can ask no more....all the best ya little scamp!

He had many good moments...can't nail just one over such a long career.

Comment

Love me some Pearcy. I wish him all the best over there. My highlights were meeting him a couple of times, very friendly and genuine fella, cheers mate.

Comment

had a big kick on him too , if i recall.

Comment

I always liked Pearcy, tough bugger. I hope he wins a comp in the Superleague.

Comment

As an ex-sprinter, I remember his running style. He had a very orthodox style but it was solid and he moved tjose legs quickly. Forget which game (don't think I'm making this up)... GI was through for an almost certain try and Pearce chased him down.

Will probably never go down as a speedster but I think he's a solid ball runner and passer. He took us through MANY years where we simply didn't have options like Cronk, Keary and Walker... this included a premiership and an unlikely GF appearance.

People can knock him but I reckon you'd take him over most of the halves out there if given the choice. It really did take somebody of Cronk's calibre to force our hand. I mean you wouldn't punt him for Foran, Milf, Bunji, Moylan...etc. He was always better than the available alternatives.

Comment

Played Strong, Done good

Comment

Was it his first or 2nd game where he scored a game winning intercept try? Probably the main moment I can remember being overly excited from him.

Gave his all, can never deny him that.

Comment

He'll probably carve up in Super League, given that Jackson Hastings is the best half in SL.

Wonder if Robbo gave him some guidance...

Comment

Seemed that he was around for a century and tough as teak. Had one of the best long passing games I've seen. My favourite moments were 20 metres out, 2 or 3 runner options and then the bullet wide to the Cordner locomotive. How many of those did we see? Youthful, silly shenanigans have probably postponed a Life Membership.

Comment

Originally posted by milanja View Post
                      Was it his first or 2nd game where he scored a game winning intercept try? Probably the main moment I can remember being overly excited from him.

Gave his all, can never deny him that.
                      Against Penriff I think …. I remember going off and then they went back to check he was onside

Comment

Originally posted by Paddo Colt 61 View Post
                        Seemed that he was around for a century and tough as teak. Had one of the best long passing games I've seen. My favourite moments were 20 metres out, 2 or 3 runner options and then the bullet wide to the Cordner locomotive. How many of those did we see? Youthful, silly shenanigans have probably postponed a Life Membership.
                        Wells said… tough and great passer! Had demons but don’t we all …. All the best pearcey

Comment

Originally posted by Rooster36 View Post

Wells said… tough and great passer! Had demons but don’t we all …. All the best pearcey
                          Agreed mate. TBH I hope he goes to Europe, escapes the media scrutiny, makes some good $$$, bags a premiership and finds a nice French girl to settle down with.

Maybe one day he'll retire to small town France, link up with Maloney (running their local footy club) and enjoy a sip of their local grape juice while overlooking picturesque mountains/fields every evening. People have had worse careers...

BTW Robbo... know any small town French footy teams that need a coach/captain? Happy to step up, bro.
                          Last edited by ism22; 11-17-2021, 01:28 PM.

Comment

A mate in blighty says he saw on a super league chat show that Maloney was the one who suggested Pearcey for the gig …if so, that’s nice of him

Comment

Working...
                            X