No announcement yet.

Pearce to train with the Roosters before taking up French connection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IMO he'd be a good bloke to have training with you. Say what you like... he trains hard and is a good benchmark for Walker to compare himself to. Decent passing and running game... VERY decent.

Just don't join him for beers & shenanigans.
    Last edited by ism22; 11-21-2021, 10:58 AM.

Comment

Much like Todd Carney, Pearce on the piss is an idiot. That's why I don't drink, so nobody knows how I'd behave while drunk. He's spent his career in the wrong position and would have made a world class centre.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny73 View Post
        Much like Todd Carney, Pearce on the piss is an idiot. That's why I don't drink, so nobody knows how I'd behave while drunk. He's spent his career in the wrong position and would have made a world class centre.
        Fair call.

I didn't drink until I was 25 as I took my sports seriously and didn't want any variables getting in the way of my performance.

My experience is that when drunk, I don't magically become a d!ckhead. Like I had nights in Japan where I got VERY drunk (they have a massive drinking culture attached to work), hopped on a train, sat there quietly (with some random salary man asking which stop I was getting off at) and then get pushed in the right direction when my stop came up (at which point I'd quietly and respectfully stumble home).

Others... have a few drinks, get egotistic/reckless/frustrated, start raping girls, get into fights...etc. Not saying I'm amazing but I think that people who become d!ckheads when drunk were already d!ckheads before that. Lotsa people can get drunk without behaving that way.

I suspect Carney and Pearce are crazy larrikins to be around when sober, and are pretty self-obsessed about their public profile + footy skills. Drink amplifies this. Whereas I picture somebody like JWH is more quiet, mature and responsible so stays about the same when drunk.

Comment

Originally posted by ism22 View Post
          Others... have a few drinks, get egotistic/reckless/frustrated, start raping girls, get into fights...etc. Not saying I'm amazing but I think that people who become d!ckheads when drunk were already d!ckheads before that. Lotsa people can get drunk without behaving that way.
          The guy who had the right idea was old man Moz. Adrian Morley was seen with a cup of tea whenever there was a team bonding moment. And nobody would question his on field passion.

I remember distinctly post headbutt of Freddy by Richard Villasanti, he screamed at the Kiwi forwards 'Run at me, ya ****s'.

Comment

Why do all of the exrooster players go to Catalans. I know Trent did time there.
            1911 1912 1913 1923 1935 1936 1937 1940 1945 1974 1975 2002 2013 2018 2019 2020

Comment

Originally posted by roosterproud View Post
              Why do all of the exrooster players go to Catalans. I know Trent did time there.
              Because England sounds like a depressing hole, josh Reynolds said you don’t realise how much you miss Australia until you have lived in places like Hull.

France seems to have a better appeal.

Comment

Originally posted by roosterproud View Post
                French poodles / bulldogs are hot.....

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny73 View Post

The guy who had the right idea was old man Moz. Adrian Morley was seen with a cup of tea whenever there was a team bonding moment. And nobody would question his on field passion.

I remember distinctly post headbutt of Freddy by Richard Villasanti, he screamed at the Kiwi forwards 'Run at me, ya ****s'.

what a load of shit Ive been out with Moz and he has put down 30 bourbon and cokes in 10 mins a day before a game.
                  Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks Fur Coat View Post

So all you are saying is give Peace a chance..
                    Ha ha, love your work Jack.

Comment

Buzz reckons he’ll return to us after his Catalans deal lol been reading too much chookpen

Comment

Working...
                      X