Haas on our Radar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GrubBER View Post
    Bumped into Richard Kennar at the physio & previously played for Broncos, had a quick chat about footy told him im a Roosters supporter then he tells me,,,

“oh Haas will be wearing your colours in a couple seasons time” & i said yep don’t worry I already know lol.

PUMPED!!!!
    nice guy, but what does he know about roosters retention when our own players wouldn't have a clue. sad to say but haas will probably not be a roosters. broncos would be throwing a million at him, an as good as he is , no prop is worthover at most 700k.

Comment

Originally posted by FlamingRooster View Post

nice guy, but what does he know about roosters retention when our own players wouldn't have a clue. sad to say but haas will probably not be a roosters. broncos would be throwing a million at him, an as good as he is , no prop is worthover at most 700k.
      I think Haas is worth 800k per season. Just my opinion but i think he has the highest ceiling of any prop of the mordern era.

Comment

We paid 800k for a hot and cold Gus. I’d pay that much for a baller like Haas any day.
        Exonerate the West Memphis Three - www.wm3.org

Comment

Originally posted by FlamingRooster View Post

firstly he told me the exact same thing i heard from Khoders camp 2 months ago secondly Kennar knows Haas from playing at Broncos. Lastly if you think his not worth 800k then you obviously haven’t seen him play. Plays 80mins tough+finesse which is rare. Taka+jwh wages = say 1.4mill a year. Hass will cover both for 800k so its a no brainer.

Comment

That's a long way off and surely the Bronco's will be back to being a competitive club before his deal runs out - I think the Bronco's would be more worried about him signing with the Dolphins as they surely will make a play for his services. No relocation required

Comment

firstly he told me the exact same thing i heard from Khoders camp 2 months ago secondly Kennar knows Haas from playing at Broncos. Lastly if you think his not worth 800k then you obviously haven’t seen him play. Plays 80mins tough+finesse which is rare. Taka+jwh wages = say 1.4mill a year. Hass will cover both for 800k so its a no brainer.
              You claim to have inside knowledge and what not but so far from what I’ve seen you post it’s nothing new.

You go and add together the pieces from articles and BS rumours online then try and piece them together and then to finish it off you claim you have inside knowledge.

Next.

Comment

Originally posted by ChookMaster View Post

You claim to have inside knowledge and what not but so far from what I’ve seen you post it’s nothing new.

You go and add together the pieces from articles and BS rumours online then try and piece them together and then to finish it off you claim you have inside knowledge.

Next.
                I believe what GrubBER is saying but whether or not he ends up at the Chooks is another story.
                My gut feeling tells me that Hass is on the Roosters radar. The other bloke that should be on the Roosters radar for 2025 is Matt Burton, he IMO is the next big time 5/8 who will play SOO & for Australia. Gus wont want to lose him & the Dogs will make him their marque man but if they cant be competitive in the next 3 years then thats the Roosters chance.

Comment

Thanks for sharing Grubber. Like most of us you have the RWB at heart and mean well.
                  What makes what you suggest credible is that Khodder and SBW are well connected to Uncle Nick. Haas is an admirer of SBW.

Comment

Originally posted by Mickie Lane View Post

I believe what GrubBER is saying but whether or not he ends up at the Chooks is another story.
                    My gut feeling tells me that Hass is on the Roosters radar. The other bloke that should be on the Roosters radar for 2025 is Matt Burton, he IMO is the next big time 5/8 who will play SOO & for Australia. Gus wont want to lose him & the Dogs will make him their marque man but if they cant be competitive in the next 3 years then thats the Roosters chance.
                    We’ll see… in about 2 years.

Comment

and pray tell, a public member of the chookpen somehow has nsider knowledge from the khodder camp??? yes kennar does know haas from the broncos, so according to u haas is going around telling his teammates hes gone in 2 years or whatever it is, and that kennar is telling a random dude who obviusly supports roosters that haas is coming to us. I have indeed seen him play and i stand by what i said, anything over 700-800 k should be a player that is core to the spine aka 1,6,7,9,13, and in some cases youll make exceptions for people like manu who will be a roaming centre/wing/ wherever robbo puts him. in the case of gus, no one really knows his contract but i do think he is a 700 k player, others would disagree but he for me is essential to roosters success. further the tauks jwh money will be going to upgrades, aka collins, cheese, walker will need one, sualii will need one. weve made our big signing in the cheese for the next 2 years probably, we're not going to be in the market for a big name player until one of our key players taking a signifiant amount of money aka keary, tedesco retire or move on

Comment

Originally posted by Mickie Lane View Post

i honestly see burton long term as a 1 or 7. the guy is a big dude with the speed of a winger, his physical assets and intangibles for me are wasted at 6, similar to greg inglis in his early career at the storm as a 6.

Comment

I think Haas is way over hyped.
                          I don't want him ever to wera the Roosters colours.
                          I wouldn't swap Jared, or TKO or Lindsay for him.
                          Big islanders like him are coming through in their hundreds, The Va'a boys for example.
                          Paying big money for Haas would be a waste.

Comment

Originally posted by NorfolkStreetKid View Post
                            I think Haas is way over hyped.
                            I don't want him ever to wera the Roosters colours.
                            I wouldn't swap Jared, or TKO or Lindsay for him.
                            Big islanders like him are coming through in their hundreds, The Va'a boys for example.
                            Paying big money for Haas would be a waste.
                            Kid you never rate anyone unless they are in a Roosters jersey.

Who do you rate?
                            Last edited by Thirteen; 12-24-2021, 12:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Roosterfarian View Post
                              We paid 800k for a hot and cold Gus. I’d pay that much for a baller like Haas any day.
                              I'm on the Haas train as well.
                              However there's a thing called the cap and we just cant afford him.

Comment

Originally posted by Kelby View Post

I'm on the Haas train as well.
                                However there's a thing called the cap and we just cant afford him.
                                We are talking about post Jarred and SST.

Comment

Working...
                                X