Haas on our Radar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GrubBER View Post
    Haas makes team of the year in a terrible team, and there you go!!!

https://www.nrl.com/news/2021/12/31/...m-of-the-year/
    Less then 1 missed tackle per game for a big man playing big minutes is phenomenal.
    All while averaging 33 tackles per game.
    Last edited by Bondicigar; 12-31-2021, 10:51 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bondicigar View Post

Less then 1 missed tackle per game for a big man playing big minutes is phenomenal.
      All while averaging 33 tackles per game.
      What’s even better is he gave away 5 penalties and only 4 errors all season. Man is a unit and a half.
      Last edited by ChookMaster; 01-01-2022, 01:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ChookMaster View Post

What’s even better is he gave away 7 penalties and only 4 errors all season. Man is a unit and a half.
        It's a long way off and a pipe dream atm but he will turn 25 in December 2024.
        That will give him a good 7 years in the red white and blue

Comment

Has he expressed any real interest in coming down here? All the talk was that he wanted a new manager only

Comment

Originally posted by SupermanSupportsEasts4Eva View Post
            Has he expressed any real interest in coming down here? All the talk was that he wanted a new manager only
            Not publicly. He wouldn’t say that while contracted to Brisbane. Only Brandon Smith would do something like this.

Comment

I thought this was interesting if we are after him:

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/pai...12-p59vxp.html

The fees Haas is pursuing relate to contracts signed with the Broncos. The amounts the NSW prop signed on for are as follows: 2017 – $85,000; 2018 – $110,000; 2019 – $250,000; 2020 – $448,000; 2021 – $548,000; 2022 – $748,000; 2023 – $798,000; 2024 – $848,000.

Given Haas played for Australia in 2019 and the Blues between 2019 and 2021, and given his standing as one of the premier props in the game, I believe there is not a club in the NRL that wouldn’t happily pay him $1 million a season. Keep in mind also the 22-year-old giant won a historic third consecutive Paul Morgan Medal as the Broncos’ player of the year in September. On market value, it appears Haas will have been undervalued by about $1.5 million by the time his current deal expires in 2024.
              I reckon $1.2 million per season would just about do it - significant upgrade to his contract and incentive to recover career losses.

Comment

Originally posted by Redacted View Post
                I thought this was interesting if we are after him:

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/pai...12-p59vxp.html

I reckon $1.2 million per season would just about do it - significant upgrade to his contract and incentive to recover career losses.
                Any team from 7th to 16th would probably pay that but if he wants to win comps at a power house club like the Roosters then I think 800 to 850k is plenty good enough.

Comment

We will win it this year without him.
                  FVCK CANCER

Comment

You wouldn't be paying 1 mill plus for s prop though- Cap is 10 mill or so - up to 30 player squad with the minimum wage being 120k a season- 600 k to 800 k would be the more appropriate wage range for top line props.

That's how clubs get themselves in trouble paying overs for players leaving less in the kitty to assemble a decent squad - have to fill too many spots with min/low wage players still finding their feet in the NRL and as a professional footballers.

Comment

• Originally posted by King Salvo View Post
                      You wouldn't be paying 1 mill plus for s prop though- Cap is 10 mill or so - up to 30 player squad with the minimum wage being 120k a season- 600 k to 800 k would be the more appropriate wage range for top line props.

That's how clubs get themselves in trouble paying overs for players leaving less in the kitty to assemble a decent squad - have to fill too many spots with min/low wage players still finding their feet in the NRL and as a professional footballers.
                      Nah. In my opinion haas could easily demand upwards up to 950-1M from top line clubs. This guy isn’t just an enforcer he can do it all, easily worth the money. You always build around the best.

Hes the James Tedesco of Forwards for me - who FYI we are paying 1.2 for.

Comment

• Originally posted by ChookMaster View Post

Nah. In my opinion haas could easily demand upwards up to 950-1M from top line clubs. This guy isn’t just an enforcer he can do it all, easily worth the money. You always build around the best.

Cows and Titans are forking out 1 mill for two particular forwards - Taumalolo and Fifita - value for money one would say NO

You don't want to go own the Dogs/Tigers/Bronco's etc pathway for instance- paying players overs/ above market value then struggling to fill your 30 player squad with NRL ready players. - Milford was on 1 mill a year - certainly not value for money either

You could contract 2 quality props for that 1 million instead.
                        Last edited by King Salvo; 02-13-2022, 04:45 PM.

Comment

• The Roosters wont entertain the idea of paying Hass 1M to 1.2M a season. He can stay at the Broncos or go to the Cowboys for that & win nothing.
                          Bennett will possibly get him around 2024-25 & by then if he has continued to impress he probably will get 1M a season.
                          The Chooks are in the box seat not Hass. If he wants to win comps he will come to the Roosters for 800k per season.

Comment

• Originally posted by ChookMaster View Post

You must be real inner-circle to state as fact what James Tedesco gets paid. Do you have any other interesting info for us?

Comment

• Originally posted by Thirteen View Post

You must be real inner-circle to state as fact what James Tedesco gets paid. Do you have any other interesting info for us?
                              You must be thinking of GRUBBER sorry

Comment

• Originally posted by Mickie Lane View Post
                                The Roosters wont entertain the idea of paying Hass 1M to 1.2M a season. He can stay at the Broncos or go to the Cowboys for that & win nothing.
                                Bennett will possibly get him around 2024-25 & by then if he has continued to impress he probably will get 1M a season.
                                The Chooks are in the box seat not Hass. If he wants to win comps he will come to the Roosters for 800k per season.

Maybe so but I could see a deal being done around that price range. Will be interesting to see how fares this season after his recent interview he has acknowledged he is no where near his peak and still only in his early 20s.

Name me one other prop forward who churns out 60-70 mins a game and has the ability to chase down James Tedesco late in the game.

Comment

Working...
                                X