No announcement yet.

Haas on our Radar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whoever doesn’t want Haas has rocks in their head or is going senile. You aren’t getting him for his leadership FFS. We have enough of those in the club.

Exonerate the West Memphis Three - www.wm3.org

Comment

• Leadership comes in different forms. If you can't see leadership qualities in a front rower who chases back in cover defence, punches out 100m and makes his tackles in the middle without any fanfare or fuss then I don't know what you're looking for. Leadership doesn't necessarily mean you have to beat your chest and say 'follow me', nor does it mean you have to make half a dozen line breaks a game, just look at guys like Fitzy and Aubo who just went about their business and commanded respect because of their actions. I see Haas as that sort of leader and would love to see him in RWB

Comment

• In all honesty I think this will be JWH's last year as an enforcer tough guy as we know him, he might play for another 2 years after this year but it wont be to the level he has played over the last 9 years.
        I think Robbo knows what he is doing & I think Hass would be on his radar to take over from JWH & become the book end with Collins. He's the type of player that will help keep the Chooks at the top of the table.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kramer View Post

Don't we already have a couple of brothers that fit the mould?
          A 15 and 17 year old? The odds are hugely against any kid becoming a superstar, let alone 2 brothers. It might happen but anyone choosing not to try to recruit the best young middle forward in the game, in the hope a couple teenage brothers might crack it (in 4-6 years time) is off their head.

Comment

• Originally posted by Headless Chook View Post
            Leadership comes in different forms. If you can't see leadership qualities in a front rower who chases back in cover defence, punches out 100m and makes his tackles in the middle without any fanfare or fuss then I don't know what you're looking for. Leadership doesn't necessarily mean you have to beat your chest and say 'follow me', nor does it mean you have to make half a dozen line breaks a game, just look at guys like Fitzy and Aubo who just went about their business and commanded respect because of their actions. I see Haas as that sort of leader and would love to see him in RWB
            The point you make about his defence is what sets him apart, it's easy to look at what a player brings to the table in terms of attack but its the defensive end that shows stamina, anticipation and will to win.
            JWH has been incredible over a long period with his defence and willingness to shut down holes in the line and I see Haas doing the same things constantly.
            Cronk pointed out in an article the other day about sitili that it's not just about running over halves in attack but what you do on the defensive side of the ball.

Comment

• Originally posted by Roosterfarian View Post
              Whoever doesn’t want Haas has rocks in their head or is going senile. You aren’t getting him for his leadership FFS. We have enough of those in the club.
              Thank you. Common sense prevails

Comment

• Originally posted by fletch View Post
                Sounds like Haas is going to try and get his contract voided.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl...114f53c6eb7e2b
                I am wondering how his contract could be made null and void ? - it's not like the case with Fittler whose Penrith Contract was made null and void as they signed to play in a different comp (Super League ) than what Fitller had signed to play in (ARL Comp). Thus Fittler was incapable of meeting the contract terms of his Penrith Contract

Just because you're not being paid what you think you should be doesn't make a contract null and void though

A contract may be ruled null and void should the terms require one or both parties to participate in an illegal act, or if one party becomes incapable of meeting the contract terms.
                Last edited by King Salvo; 02-15-2022, 12:55 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Headless Chook View Post
                  Leadership comes in different forms. If you can't see leadership qualities in a front rower who chases back in cover defence, punches out 100m and makes his tackles in the middle without any fanfare or fuss then I don't know what you're looking for. Leadership doesn't necessarily mean you have to beat your chest and say 'follow me', nor does it mean you have to make half a dozen line breaks a game, just look at guys like Fitzy and Aubo who just went about their business and commanded respect because of their actions. I see Haas as that sort of leader and would love to see him in RWB
                  Agreed!!

Comment

• Originally posted by ChookMaster View Post

Thank you. Common sense prevails
                    There is a thing called a salary cap though

Comment

• Originally posted by Roosterfarian View Post
                      Whoever doesn’t want Haas has rocks in their head or is going senile. You aren’t getting him for his leadership FFS. We have enough of those in the club.
                      Just because you THINK it doesn't mean it's true. Stick your insults up your aarse.

Comment

• Originally posted by King Salvo View Post

There is a thing called a salary cap though

What’s that? We’re the roosters bro cmon. We don’t use those words around here.

In all fairness, I was agreeing with him on the topic of Payne. Apparently if you aren’t a big talker on the field you aren’t considered a good player.

Funnily enough I would much rather look towards a captain to lead with actions on the field rather then bark a big game and go hiding.

Comment

• Originally posted by NorfolkStreetKid View Post

Just because you THINK it doesn't mean it's true. Stick your insults up your aarse.
                          Woah woah calm it “ Kid “

Comment

• Originally posted by King Salvo View Post

I am wondering how his contract could be made null and void ? - it's not like the case with Fittler whose Penrith Contract was made null and void as they signed to play in a different comp (Super League ) than what Fitller had signed to play in (ARL Comp). Thus Fittler was incapable of meeting the contract terms of his Penrith Contract

Just because you're not being paid what you think you should be doesn't make a contract null and void though

A contract may be ruled null and void should the terms require one or both parties to participate in an illegal act, or if one party becomes incapable of meeting the contract terms.
                            Hard to say without reading the contract or knowing the scenario. I believe it has something to do with ongoing litigation that he's got going with his ex-manager (Chris Orr) though.

He's claiming that Orr had a conflict of interest. Lotsa avenues there (I'm just going off media cr@p) but misrepresentations & unconscionable conduct can kill contracts. He's also seeking equitable damages so who knows! He could be in a position where he's able to move on and receive $$$ in compo. If he gets a stack of compo (and has been wronged), he may well just go for a club that he thinks will look after him and give him a good chance of winning a premiership.

Let's see I guess! I have NFI about the merits of his ongoing litigation...etc.

Comment

• For those posters questioning GrubBer when he gave us a heads-up in November - read on!
                              He was on the money. Thanks GrubBer and continue to share any legitimate whispers

SYDNEY CLUB CIRCLES HAAS

The Roosters are reportedly “very interested” in Payne Haas and there’s some scary parallels between his contract situation and an ex-Rooster.

Haas is signed to the Broncos until the end of 2024. But he is currently locked in a contract dispute with his ex-manager, Chris Orr and if he wins the legal battle his contract could be null and void.

This would open the door for the Roosters to strike, according to News Corp’s Phil Rothfield.

“Payne Haas is an identical story to Sonny Billy Williams in 2008 at the Bulldogs, which is a huge concern for the Broncos,” Rothfield told Sky Sports Radio’s Big Sports Breakfast.
                              “Sonny Bill was managed by the Orr brothers, Payne Haas is managed by the Orr brothers. At the time Sonny Bill walked out on the Bulldogs in that well-publicised incident to play in Europe because he wasn’t happy with his contract at the Bulldogs. Khoder Nasser took over Sonny Bill’s contract at that time.

“Payne Haas has left the Orr brothers, Khoder Nasser has stepped in as has Sonny Bill Williams as his Adviser.”

“He’s not happy with his contract. He was on $548,000 with the Broncos, put him onto the open market and he’d be on $1 million a year so that’s got to be sorted out.

“I keep hearing the Roosters are very, very interested in him. He’s still under contract with the Broncos for another three years but will that be declared null and void if he wins this case against the Orr brothers? It’s a really interesting story with Haas and his future at the Broncos.”

As one of the best props in the game, Haas would demand a starting spot at any club. The Roosters currently boast the likes of Jared Waerea-Hargreaves, Siosiua Taukeiaho and Lindsay Collins as prop options but 33-year-old Waerea-Hargreaves comes off contract at the end of 2023 and Taukeiaho has been linked to the Super League for next season.

Comment

• I'd love to see Haas come and play for us. I'd even be willing to pay big money - Uncle Nick could even throw in a premiership for him!

To win you need excellent defence and go forward in the middle. Its true regardless of the rule changes.

Haas is the modern day prop. Mobile, big, strong, sensible, he'd fit our culture. He's 22, so a long term option.

Comment

Working...
                                X