Haas on our Radar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey guys just an update on this Haas signing,,,,

so the same sources that informed me lastyear about Haas’s handshake agreement are now saying it’s officially a done deal between 2 of the heavy hitters (KNasser & NPolitis). It’s not for a million dollars ( Approx 780-850k), he’s not persuaded by the dollars & wants to devote himself to Islam following in SBW’s footsteps in Sydney to setup his career involving the Roosters. Definitely for 2024 maybe 2023. Enjoy and Up those Chooks!!!!!
    Last edited by GrubBER; 04-07-2022, 07:46 PM.

Comment

• Apparently he is a very kind & gentle giant but has been going through some demons since his disabled brother passed away a couple years back. Wants to come down to Sydney and start a new life with positive and successful people surrounding him

Comment

• Originally posted by Waylander View Post

Sonny managed OK during Ramadan.
        Yeah isn't their 'fasting' just smashing lotsa food in the morning and night but not during the day? Pretty sure they also allow (for example) water and/or a sports drink during training.

Meh. I think all religion's crazy but there's lotsa muslim players and we've never seen a Ramadan dip in performance for them.

Comment

• Originally posted by ism22 View Post

Yeah isn't their 'fasting' just smashing lotsa food in the morning and night but not during the day? Pretty sure they also allow (for example) water and/or a sports drink during training.

Meh. I think all religion's crazy but there's lotsa muslim players and we've never seen a Ramadan dip in performance for them.
          My (limited) understanding is that it is nothing except basic hydration between sunrise and sunset. They usually have a big meal at night to compensate for the day, but I would imagine that people playing professionally would have something significant just before dawn. I recall that elite sportspersons can also ask for an exemption from their Imam, but most seem reluctant to do so, believing they can manage OK & still comply.

Comment

Sonny managed OK during Ramadan.
            I seem to remember him being a passenger during his second stint with us. But I'm not bashing religion, especially not Islam.

Comment

• Originally posted by GrubBER View Post
              Hey guys just an update on this Haas signing,,,,

so the same sources that informed me lastyear about Haas’s handshake agreement are now saying it’s officially a done deal between 2 of the heavy hitters (KNasser & NPolitis). It’s not for a million dollars ( Approx 780-850k), he’s not persuaded by the dollars & wants to devote himself to Islam following in SBW’s footsteps in Sydney to setup his career involving the Roosters. Definitely for 2024 maybe 2023. Enjoy and Up those Chooks!!!!!
              I would really love to believe this is true, and should it occur I will apologise to you Grubber. That said, it is very easy for any person to say I’m connected and have inside sources and until there are official reports this is all hearsay. It’s nothing against u but I’m just struggling to believe it, especially after the Cheese signing and resigning Manu

Comment

• Originally posted by FlamingRooster View Post

I would really love to believe this is true, and should it occur I will apologise to you Grubber. That said, it is very easy for any person to say I’m connected and have inside sources and until there are official reports this is all hearsay. It’s nothing against u but I’m just struggling to believe it, especially after the Cheese signing and resigning Manu
                I’m not calling u a liar before u interpret it that way. I’m just stating that until there are reports that we’re officially interested or signed him it’s all hearsay

Comment

My (limited) understanding is that it is nothing except basic hydration between sunrise and sunset. They usually have a big meal at night to compensate for the day, but I would imagine that people playing professionally would have something significant just before dawn. I recall that elite sportspersons can also ask for an exemption from their Imam, but most seem reluctant to do so, believing they can manage OK & still comply.
                  It’s total abstinence from sunrise till sunset , no food or water or smoking or anything. If you’ve doing the fasting from a young age, your body adapts and can handle it. Hazem el Masri, SBW managed it.
                  PS, @ Johnny73: when SBW played for us in 2020 it wasn’t during Ramadan, just to enlighten you., not that you were bashing Islam, just a sneaky snide remark in bad taste.

Comment

• Originally posted by Johnny73 View Post

I seem to remember him being a passenger during his second stint with us. But I'm not bashing religion, especially not Islam.
                    Truth be told father time had caught up to Sonny well and truly by the time he had his second stint with us. Nowhere near the same player.

Comment

• Originally posted by Owen Wilson View Post

Truth be told father time had caught up to Sonny well and truly by the time he had his second stint with us. Nowhere near the same player.
                      So true. And most of us (myself included), had expectations of something like or near 2013 Sonny.

Comment

Apparently he is a very kind & gentle giant but has been going through some demons since his disabled brother passed away a couple years back.
                        Wants to come down to Sydney and start a new life with positive and successful people surrounding him
                        Well, he's definitely on the right track coming to the "poaching" Roosters.
                        Can't wait for it to happen, hopefully Xavier Va'a develops nicely. Our bookends will be steamrollers. Fingers crossed.

Comment

Hey guys just an update on this Haas signing,,,,

Mate, is your source reliable ?

I spoke to a mate up in Brissy few days ago and he's said that the news within the inner circle is that Brisbane will offer an upgrade to his contract plus the captaincy role very soon once all the current drama has blown over.

I'd be happy if the intel I've got is wrong but I'm hearing mixed signals from up North.

Comment

• souffs mate of mine , said to me this arvo looks like ypuve signed payne hass ?

Comment

• Originally posted by DP1990 View Post

Mate, is your source reliable ?

I spoke to a mate up in Brissy few days ago and he's said that the news within the inner circle is that Brisbane will offer an upgrade to his contract plus the captaincy role very soon once all the current drama has blown over.

I'd be happy if the intel I've got is wrong but I'm hearing mixed signals from up North.
                              Brisbane can offer it but doesn’t mean he’ll accept it

Comment

• Originally posted by FlamingRooster View Post

I’m not calling u a liar before u interpret it that way. I’m just stating that until there are reports that we’re officially interested or signed him it’s all hearsay
                                it’s all good no need to explain yourself I don’t expect anyone to believe me im just passing it on. By the way it’s the very same source that told me about SBW coming back in 2020 way before anyone mentioned it. I have strong links with the KNasser crew

Comment

Working...
                                X