Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Apparently B Smith gave the Dolphins verbal guarantees...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apparently B Smith gave the Dolphins verbal guarantees...

Karma is a bitch skeletor!

Originally posted by Waerea-Beast! View Post
    Karma is a bitch skeletor!
    Was it in writing? He would have given an oral guarantee if he didn't sign anything.

Comment

would a Cheese verbal agreement include the F and C words ?

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkeye View Post
        would a Cheese verbal agreement include the F and C words ?
        I F***ing agree to join you ****s at the ****ing cocks....****, I mean the ****ing Roosters.

Comment

Aah the irony. Poor old Wayne!!

Comment

Did they shake hands? Did he promise to still respect them in the morning ? Sweet to see Bennett get turkey slapped.

Comment

Cry me a river you old Fossil. Karma’s a bitch!

Comment

Verbal agreements are as enforecable as written ones in the eyes of the court - all depends on the conduct of the parties and any witnesses in a court setting if it got that far - I didn't say this/didn't agree to that etc -has to be proved beyond any reasonable doubt though

Comment

I had it on a very good source that Bennett thought he had him.

Cop that lol

Comment

Just when you thought Smith and his "manager" couldn't look any stupider.

Comment

Originally posted by King Salvo View Post
                      Verbal agreements are as enforecable as written ones in the eyes of the court - all depends on the conduct of the parties and any witnesses in a court setting if it got that far - I didn't say this/didn't agree to that etc -has to be proved beyond any reasonable doubt though
                      You think any club is going to take a player to court to force them to sign and play for them ?? Good luck with that one mate.

Comment

We'll see who has the last laugh then.

Comment

Mouse trap
                          smell the cheese skelator

Comment

Suck sh-t Mr Handshake.

Nick Wins!

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny73 View Post

Was it in writing? He would have given an oral guarantee if he didn't sign anything.
                              There's bo contract unless there's an offer, acceptance and consideration. Personally, I think that offers to treat and expressions of interest are just that.

I know some people hate me bringing up my work experience ('this is the NRL, not a workplace') kinda thing but it's literally just bog standard employment contract negotiations.

Heck, I had a friend specifically ask me to apply for a job, followed by a 2 hour phone-call with 2 partners from the said law firm (in August). We were all chattie and I went away thinking 'that's as good as an offer'. Heck, it was going REALLY well, then I inadvertently told them I speak fluent Japanese, which had them jumping up and down with excitement (lotsa big Japanese customers with Japanese work cultures...etc in this area). However, they never responded to my application. About a month ago I sent them an e-mail asking if they had any updates... no response. I'll never know why they got cold feet but that's business! Again, I thought I the interview went extremely well. Obviously they didn't... HAPPENS! Isn't something that particularly bothers me (and I doubt Wayne/Smiddy would care).
                              Last edited by ism22; 12-02-2021, 06:07 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X