changes for panthers match on sunday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• changes for panthers match on sunday

after watching a fairly ordinary attacking display for the majority of last night, what changes should we make for sundays match against the Panthers assuming Moga/Anasta/Bosden/Symonds/Takairangi/Tagive are available for selection and SKD still has not been cleared for return.

also FPN had back spasms last night does Bosden/Symonds come in if he still has problems later in the week.

did Carney do enough to keep Tagive/Moga out, who would you keep out of BJ/Carney if Moga returns?

Kennedy looked very short of a run last night, lacked power when pushing off, obviously that foot injury is still bothering him, how long can we give him to get into match shape?

if Anasta is back who misses out Mortimer/Mitchell?

taking into account Smiths original plans for round 1, the side would probably look something like this.

Mini
    Perrett
    Maubs
    Moga
    Carney
    Anasta
    Pearce
    JWH
    Friend
    Tasi
    Cordner
    Guerra
    FPN
    Mitchell
    Masoe
    Kennedy
    Arona/B.J/Bosden

http://www.nrl.com/anasta-and-moga-s...2/default.aspx

Anasta and Moga set for Panthers clash

Russell Jackson AAP Tue, Mar 06, 2012 - 11:20 AM

The Sydney Roosters are hopeful of having captain Braith Anasta and rookie Tautau Moga fit for Sunday's NRL clash with Penrith at the Sydney Football Stadium.

Anasta was a late withdrawal from the Roosters side that snatched a last minute 24-20 win over bitter rivals South Sydney at ANZ Stadium on Monday night.

The Roosters five-eighth has battled a back injury through the pre-season and took a knock in the build-up to the Souths match while giant centre Moga missed the game with an ankle injury.

But halfback Mitchell Pearce said on Tuesday the pair are expected to line-up against the Panthers.

"I think they should both be sweet. Tau rolled his ankle the other week and Braith should be OK too," Pearce said.

"It's going to give us some extra strike power having those boys back but in saying that the guys who played last night did a great job for us."

Comment

Mini
      Perrett
      Maubs
      Moga
      BJ
      Anasta
      Pearce
      JWH
      Friend
      Tasi
      Cordner
      Guerra
      FPN

Masoe
      Taka
      Bosden
      Mortimer

Kennedy needs a few runs with the blue bags, Taka has an advantage based on trial form
      Arona lacked some power running & unlike Bosden who can contest the high ball
      Mortimer's versatility could be the go against the Panthers
      "Qui audet adipiscitur"

WHO DARES WINS

Comment

Originally posted by Darkone View Post
        Mini
        Perrett
        Maubs
        Moga
        BJ
        Anasta
        Pearce
        JWH
        Friend
        Tasi
        Cordner
        Guerra
        FPN

Masoe
        Taka
        Bosden
        Mortimer

Kennedy needs a few runs with the blue bags, Taka has an advantage based on trial form
        Arona lacked some power running & unlike Bosden who can contest the high ball
        Mortimer's versatility could be the go against the Panthers

Like the team but Kennedy in he was ok for a first game back souffs forwards are much better then Panthers and he will find it easiers against them.

Comment

Like the side, don't know much about Bosden so i'd have Kennedy on the bench.

Comment

Geez I can't wait to see Moga play.. Can't expect anything first up but will be good to see what he's got in the NRL.

Comment

1. Anthony Minichiello
              2. Peni Tagive
              3. Tau Tau Moga
              4. Mitch Aubusson
              5. Sam Perrett (Provided he learns how to catch a ball)

6. Braith Anasta
              7. Mitchel Pearce

8. Jared Warea-Hargreaves
              9. Jake Friend
              10. Lama Tasi
              11. Aiden Guerra
              12. Boyd Bordner
              13. Frank Paul Nuuasala

14. Martin Kennedy
              15. Mose Masoe
              16. Tinerau Arona/BJ Leilua
              17. Anthony Mitchell

Comment

1. Mini
                2. Tagive
                3. Leilua
                4. Moga
                5. Perrett

6. Anasta
                7. Pearce
                8. Tasi
                9. Friend
                10. JWH
                11. Guerra
                12. Aubusson
                13. Cordner

14. Masoe
                15. Kennedy
                16. FPN
                17. Mortimer

Comment

Originally posted by Spanner in the works View Post
                  1. Mini
                  2. Tagive
                  3. Leilua
                  4. Moga
                  5. Perrett

6. Anasta
                  7. Pearce
                  8. Tasi
                  9. Friend
                  10. JWH
                  11. Guerra
                  12. Aubusson
                  13. Cordner

14. Masoe
                  15. Kennedy
                  16. FPN
                  17. Mortimer
                  Spanner that is also a very good team and I would be happy to go with that

Comment

Cordner would need to pack on some kgs if he was going to play at lock. Looks much better suited to the fringes at this part of his career. I thought FPN was our best forward last night to be honest anyway, would be harsh to drop him back to the bench.

I really hope 2 of JWH/Kennedy/Tasi play 50 minutes this week. Just as we seem to be getting some ascendancy and they're getting a feel for the game Smitty hooks them.

Comment

Mortimer would be in the 17 ahead of Mitchell in my opinion.
                      Born and bred in the eastern suburbs.

Comment

Originally posted by Geohood View Post
                        Geez I can't wait to see Moga play.. Can't expect anything first up but will be good to see what he's got in the NRL.
                        I don't know if you caught any of the Warriors/Manly game but another centre (Konrad Hurrell) played a cracker IMO in his first game. If Moga plays anywhere near that I'll be happy.
                        "Do you expect me to talk"? "No, Mr. Bond, I expect you to die".

Comment

Originally posted by Vasco View Post
                          Mortimer would be in the 17 ahead of Mitchell in my opinion.
                          Smith gave away in the press conference that Mortimer was going to miss out last night if Anasta hadn't been injured. Not sure that would change now, given Mitchell did OK--especially the pass for the JWH's try.

Comment

Originally posted by SmithyFan View Post
                            Smith gave away in the press conference that Mortimer was going to miss out last night if Anasta hadn't been injured. Not sure that would change now, given Mitchell did OK--especially the pass for the JWH's try.
                            Mortein did a good job considering. I would spell him now, briong back Anasta keep Mitchell. Give Morts 3 or 4 games at Netwown hopefully take teh confidence out of last night to teh Jets and develop a solid even dangerous game, before covering for Pearce during origin, or injuries. Id put him back on the bench after Anzac Day depending on Mitchell's form.
                            Alcohol never solved any life problems.....then again neither did milk.

Comment

Working...
                            X