Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The elephant in the room

Teddy.

After weeks of both him and our club categorically denying any involvement in that squid game fiasco, he now “ owns up to it “ and has publicly apologised. Interesting, at first I didn’t think much of it but can now see how dumb it was for him to do that in the first place but also not the best thing in regards to creditably for our club. Quite possibly could of been sanctioned more if they are going on the pure basis of racism in all honesty.

Makes us all looks like fools for saying things like “ she’s a souffs supporter it’s all BS “ Heck our CEO even went on the record to say “ we believe James had no interaction with the woman “.

We really do have our perks as a powerhouse club, for sure we would of looked after the situation in our own hands.

Still trying to work out what he owned up to???
    Exonerate the West Memphis Three - www.wm3.org

Comment

Seriously mate who the fk cares? The only elephant seems to be in your head.

Comment

Why start a thread like this and bring it up again? The elegant is up your tuchas.

Comment

Originally posted by Roosterfarian View Post
          Still trying to work out what he owned up to???
          Drinking beer in public.

Comment

Call me ignorant but I fail to see the seriousness in all this. So the next time I’m walking down some random street in Thailand and someone yells out ‘hey crocodile dundee’ - can I sue them for being racist?
            Exonerate the West Memphis Three - www.wm3.org

Comment

Call me ignorant but I fail to see the seriousness in all this. So the next time I’m walking down some random street in Thailand and someone yells out ‘hey crocodile dundee’ - can I sue them for being racist?
              In Bali it's 'skippy'

Comment

We live in such a woke, politically correct world in the west that I feel like I'm in a straight jacket sometimes.

Say anything about Covid, climate change, keeping shark nets or concussions and you're instantly accused as being a 'denier' or 'skeptic'. ' We re in their domain!' say the brainwashed sheeple.

No wonder Putin attacks with impunity. We in the west are as weak as p*ss.

Apologies for digression.

Comment

Originally posted by Thirteen View Post
                  Why start a thread like this and bring it up again? The elegant is up your tuchas.
                  Because he literally just owned up to the situation… I swear you blokes love to dabble on when it’s all roses and peaches but when it comes to little things like this you’s all lock up and turn bitter.

It is what it is, own it.

It seems the NRL only take things like seriously when it involves an aboriginal. Could you imagine if the person was aboriginal?

Comment

Shouldn't that be the squid in the room?
                    He was found guilty of being drunk and disorderly. Isn't that what he's apologising for?

Comment

I get what Chookmaster is saying - when it happened there was denials and the club backing him over this etc.

Now he comes out and admits it- be a man and admit it at the start -makes him and the club look rather foolish one as to say and Tedesco's credibility and the Clubs has taken a hit over this.

The Sydney Roosters have ‘categorically denied’ allegations NRL superstar James Tedesco yelled “Squid Game” at a woman of Vietnamese descent in Sydney’s Eastern Suburbs last Thursday night.

“After we found out about the Instagram post we thoroughly investigated the matter,” Roosters chief executive Joe Kelly said.

“There was absolutely no interaction between James Tedesco with this group of people. We categorically deny that anything untoward occurred.”

Tedesco reportedly maintained he was talking about Netflix’s South Korean series Squid Games when he was overheard by Tiffany Trinh, who is of Vietnamese descent.

James Tedesco denied claims he shouted ‘Squid Game’ at Vietnamese girl

https://7news.com.au/sport/rugby-lea...cent-c-4324987

In a court situation Tedesco would have been in a spot of bother as basically it's perjury.

(1) Any person who in or in connection with any judicial proceeding makes any false statement on oath concerning any matter which is material to the proceeding, knowing the statement to be false or not believing it to be true, is guilty of perjury and liable to imprisonment for 10 years.
                      Last edited by King Salvo; 03-04-2022, 11:04 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by mightyrooster View Post
                        Shouldn't that be the squid in the room?
                        He was found guilty of being drunk and disorderly. Isn't that what he's apologising for?
                        No that's not what he is aplogising for- should have owned up to it at the start- pretty poor one as to say

https://7news.com.au/sport/rugby-lea...slur-c-5918289
                        Last edited by King Salvo; 03-04-2022, 11:10 AM.

Comment

Thought they would be yelling out " you hansum man Rasta".

Comment

Agree it's a shit look on the club, incident ain't really that bad in my opinion but it isn't a good look

https://twitter.com/sarah_keoghan/st...zcA9QWto269SfQ

Comment

Originally posted by King Salvo View Post

No that's not what he is aplogising for- should have owned up to it at the start- pretty poor one as to say

https://7news.com.au/sport/rugby-lea...slur-c-5918289
                              Ah ok. So he's now admitted he said it while drunk. Did the club say anything about it after he was found guilty by the MRC for being drunk and disorderly? Did the club change its original stance of categorically denying it? Maybe it was buried in the off season pages somewhere. If not, then yes it's not a great look as it makes us look incompetent.

Comment

Working...
                              X