No announcement yet.

The elephant in the room

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Was she by any chance Callum Murrys girlfriend?

Comment

Originally posted by Bruce Pickett View Post
      We live in such a woke, politically correct world in the west that I feel like I'm in a straight jacket sometimes.

Say anything about Covid, climate change, keeping shark nets or concussions and you're instantly accused as being a 'denier' or 'skeptic'. ' We re in their domain!' say the brainwashed sheeple.

No wonder Putin attacks with impunity. We in the west are as weak as p*ss.

Apologies for digression.
      Brilliant observation Brucey.

If only our leaders were less 'woke' the world would be a safer place.

We have nurtured a generation of the perpetually offended.

Comment

Originally posted by ChookMaster View Post

If only that argument held up well in in this instance hey?

He was with a group of friends and randomly blurted out “ squid games “ and laughed how is that even funny?

Love teddy don’t get me wrong our skipper and all but gee it is a very poor look on our club.. we are way more professional than what we showed on this instance and only makes that generic “ oh the roosters got their way again “ feeling around our club get even worse.
        Honestly, I see your point about being honest in the first place, both Teddy and the club. I agree on that. I just think its time to move on from a pretty minor issue. I think the comment could have been a poor choice rather than racism.

Comment

All footy clubs cover things up especially for star players.
          Why has Teddy suddenly told channel 9 or whoever it was that he apologies & what’s he apologiesing for?
          Did he say that he called a women squid games?

Comment

Originally posted by Bondicigar View Post
            Was she by any chance Callum Murrys girlfriend?
            im guessing cam murrays gf would be a looker ...asian or not

Comment

Lucky he wasn’t the Australian cricket captain he would be sacked by the incompetent CA board.

something has obviously happened in the background for him to come out at the NRL launch and accept responsibility for this.

Comment

Who really gives a shyt. Season is less than a week away and after the last 5-6 months we’ve all been through, we need it.

I cant wait!
                FVCK CANCER

Comment

Originally posted by King Salvo View Post

It's not hard to treat all folk with respect irrespective of race/background/sex/religion etc etc - but to some on here's it's woke to do so - dinosaurs still exist. Should have owned up to it when it happened simple as that
                  But he didn't and now he is - so that's next best - instead of ridiculing him for now owning it maybe just appreciating the honesty albeit late but as a result even harder.

Fair dinkum a stupid thing to do but as a society we are so fkn soft
                  Last edited by The Lip; 03-05-2022, 05:20 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ChookMaster View Post

Because he literally just owned up to the situation… I swear you blokes love to dabble on when it’s all roses and peaches but when it comes to little things like this you’s all lock up and turn bitter.

It is what it is, own it.

It seems the NRL only take things like seriously when it involves an aboriginal. Could you imagine if the person was aboriginal?
                    Awww poor little diddums princess gets offended by a throw away line from a drunk footballer.
                    FFS harden the F up…who the hell HASNT been offended or bullied at some stage in their life?
                    Doesn’t make it right, but seriously, the woke, easily offended, cream puff society the left has created is beyond comprehension.
                    People are stoned to death, beheaded, and thrown from buildings in “some” countries because they are different - now there’s a reason to be offended.
                    It’s not like Teddy walked up to her, called her a #¥@$£ and then beat the crap out of her.
                    If I sued every time someone had offended me - racially, sexually or just without thinking before they opened their mouth, I’d be rich a guy.
                    She went after him because, and only because he is famous. People choose to be offended, this one simply saw an opportunity to get her little bit of attention.
                    Oops forgot I’m not allowed to say that (or anything),being a middle aged, anglo, straight male.

Comment

One vital piece of information in this anti-Teddy rant. The NRL Integrity unit cleared him of any racism.

The Integrity unit has former police investigators who conduct a proper and very thorough investigation.
                      I have seen Integrity unit reports and they are very detailed documents. They can be 20-30 pages long.

The Integrity unit thoroughly investigated the matter and didn't find any evidence to substantiate the claim.

If King Salvo who pretends he has inside knowledge at the Roosters did have any knowledge he would know that the Integrity unit confirmed that Katherine Trinh's social media post was inaccurate.

Newsflash Chookmaster Katherine Trinh is a lot more than just a Souths supporter.

Comment

Originally posted by Roosterfarian View Post
                        Call me ignorant but I fail to see the seriousness in all this. So the next time I’m walking down some random street in Thailand and someone yells out ‘hey crocodile dundee’ - can I sue them for being racist?
                        That’s not an equal comparison as the female involved wasn’t South Korean.

That’s where the ignorance on Tedesco’s part comes in and I believe where the hurt was caused on the receiver’s end.

Comment

Originally posted by Timmah View Post

Awww poor little diddums princess gets offended by a throw away line from a drunk footballer.
                          FFS harden the F up…who the hell HASNT been offended or bullied at some stage in their life?
                          Doesn’t make it right, but seriously, the woke, easily offended, cream puff society the left has created is beyond comprehension.
                          People are stoned to death, beheaded, and thrown from buildings in “some” countries because they are different - now there’s a reason to be offended.
                          It’s not like Teddy walked up to her, called her a #¥@$£ and then beat the crap out of her.
                          If I sued every time someone had offended me - racially, sexually or just without thinking before they opened their mouth, I’d be rich a guy.
                          She went after him because, and only because he is famous. People choose to be offended, this one simply saw an opportunity to get her little bit of attention.
                          Oops forgot I’m not allowed to say that (or anything),being a middle aged, anglo, straight male.
                          Were did you going to get offended sexually. Address please
                          Last edited by Rooster1908; 03-05-2022, 03:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Timmah View Post

Well no shit.. hence why it is so dumb. He’s a captain of his club and state, pretty much is the face of the game and on a huge contract.. it is pure stupidity.

I’m sure the players know themselves they live in a very advertised life now with social media and what not, they would be under no illusions either so don’t go putting yourself into a spot of bother over something so immature.

It’s not about how you look, or how old you are it’s about using your brain.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks Fur Coat View Post

Brilliant observation Brucey.

If only our leaders were less 'woke' the world would be a safer place.

We have nurtured a generation of the perpetually offended.
                              Most definitely.

Comment

Originally posted by Rooster_6 View Post

That’s not an equal comparison as the female involved wasn’t South Korean.

That’s where the ignorance on Tedesco’s part comes in and I believe where the hurt was caused on the receiver’s end.
                                Yes one wouldn't mistake a Greek for an Italian , Serbian for a Croatian , Any other Asian nationality for a Japanese and currently a Ukrainian for a Russian for an example.- Need to have some idea of history

It was interesting watching a documentary about tourists visiting North Korea - The NK Kids are first indoctrinated into what is basically a cult ( cult of personality) from the age of 3 and this is ongoing 24/7 for life.

One of tourists growing tired of the non stop "propoganda" questioned how the first leader of NK organised all these gorilla groups to fight the Japanese in 1920 when told this pointing out he was 8 or so years old at the time.

The look on the faces of the "museum" tour guide and the 3 officials accompanying the tour group to keep an eye on them said it all - also they were allowed to take pictures but before boarding the bus all pics had to be scrutinised and the majority if not all of them had to be deleted.

mmm back at the hotel the above mentioned tourist was taken to another room with the French tour operator for a 3 hour plus "chat" with NK Officials - no more questions and one and only warning and NK is not a place you want to be detained in as there are no embassy officials to bail you out.

Those folk not liking the so called woke West then NK is just the country for you - no so called woke there
                                Last edited by King Salvo; 03-05-2022, 05:58 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X