Vale Warnie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What a shock this is....at 52.

One of the greats of all time as a cricketer, and always in awe of him for dating Liz Hurley before me.

Seriously though, condolences to his family and wishing them strength in their lives now.

Comment

Terrible news and far too young, he is 2nd picked after the Don in my all time side and lived life to the fullest.

Comment

Caught Marsh, bowled Warne.

Blessings.

Comment

Originally posted by Lockie View Post

Now wouldn’t that be something to see . I’m not sure even Sir Don would handle “the ball of the century “ that made Gatting look ordinary.

RIP Warnie
          not sure Bradman will be in heaven

Comment

All I can say is...

"Bowled Shane."
            "Believe in yourself, especially when no one else will."

Sasquatch

Comment

Originally posted by The Bondi spy View Post

not sure Bradman will be in heaven
              Not sure Warnie will go to heaven.
              He might have to spend some years in purgatory.
              A Spanish theologian from the late Middle Ages once argued that the average Christian spends 1000 to 2000 years in purgatory (according to Stephen Greenblatt's Hamlet in Purgatory). Warnie was no average Christian so maybe 5000 years for him.

Comment

Originally posted by Batemans Bay Rooster View Post

great contribution
                My cynicism was wrong.
                “no drug substance was detected in Warne’s body”.
                RIP Warnie

Comment

Originally posted by Mickie Lane View Post

My cynicism was wrong.
                  “no drug substance was detected in Warne’s body”.
                  RIP Warnie
                  Yeah was just gonna post about that. I feel most people assume he used drugs and drank lotsa beer but those close to him say he doesn't drink much at all and was strongly opposed to illegal drugs.

> Warne was last seen about two hours earlier, according to Erskine. “He was on holiday, having a lie down, siesta, he hadn’t been drinking, he’d been on this diet to lose weight,” he said.

> “He didn’t drink much. Everyone thinks he’s a big boozer but he’s not a big boozer at all. I sent him a crate of wine, 10 years later it’s still there. He doesn’t drink, never took drugs, ever. He hated drugs so nothing untoward.

> “He was going to do the things he likes doing. He was going to play in one or two poker competitions, play a lot of golf, be with his kids, that was about it; [to] have time to himself.”

Sad to see people calling him a d!ckhead on other forums TBH. I hate cricket but can't see why anybody would hold grudges against him. He always seemed like a pretty chilled dude, who happened to be gifted with spin (or at least gave that illusion rather than bragging about his hard work, intelligence & commitment). Pity he couldn't kick the durries as I reckon they take away from just how fit and dedicated to the sport he really was. You don't get arms like his by farking around, smokin' durries and skipping gym sessions.

Sounds like people want him to have been snorting coke with hookers and stuff but in reality (given his current image) he probably died after smashing out big session in the gym, having a paddle in the pool, eating a healthy meal, sipping on a health smoothie, watching a bit of cricket and sending the kids a loving text message to say he looked forward to spending some quality time with them.

S*x big time. Other than the durries, I bet he was super fit, had a strict diet and never missed a training session. He's always had impressive arm strength and the stamina to play B2B games of test cricket. IMO he was probably way more driven, loving and hard working than he ever got credit for.
                  Last edited by ism22; 03-06-2022, 08:38 PM.

Comment

im actually going to miss his commentary. he called it as he saw it , no sugar coating. i like that .

probably why i like kent and ennis.

Comment

Originally posted by ism22 View Post

Yeah was just gonna post about that. I feel most people assume he used drugs and drank lotsa beer but those close to him say he doesn't drink much at all and was strongly opposed to illegal drugs.

> Warne was last seen about two hours earlier, according to Erskine. “He was on holiday, having a lie down, siesta, he hadn’t been drinking, he’d been on this diet to lose weight,” he said.

> “He didn’t drink much. Everyone thinks he’s a big boozer but he’s not a big boozer at all. I sent him a crate of wine, 10 years later it’s still there. He doesn’t drink, never took drugs, ever. He hated drugs so nothing untoward.

> “He was going to do the things he likes doing. He was going to play in one or two poker competitions, play a lot of golf, be with his kids, that was about it; [to] have time to himself.”

Sad to see people calling him a d!ckhead on other forums TBH. I hate cricket but can't see why anybody would hold grudges against him. He always seemed like a pretty chilled dude, who happened to be gifted with spin (or at least gave that illusion rather than bragging about his hard work, intelligence & commitment). Pity he couldn't kick the durries as I reckon they take away from just how fit and dedicated to the sport he really was. You don't get arms like his by farking around, smokin' durries and skipping gym sessions.

Sounds like people want him to have been snorting coke with hookers and stuff but in reality (given his current image) he probably died after smashing out big session in the gym, having a paddle in the pool, eating a healthy meal, sipping on a health smoothie, watching a bit of cricket and sending the kids a loving text message to say he looked forward to spending some quality time with them.

S*x big time. Other than the durries, I bet he was super fit, had a strict diet and never missed a training session. He's always had impressive arm strength and the stamina to play B2B games of test cricket. IMO he was probably way more driven, loving and hard working than he ever got credit for.
                      His diet was appalling apparently. Lived on pizza, toasties, hot chips and other junk. This along with the smoking would have contributed to his heart disease. But I guess he lived life to the fullest and lived the way he wanted. It’s such a waste to die so young though and very sad. It makes you realise how quickly and suddenly life can just be taken away.

Comment

Working...
                      X