This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hawkeye View Post
    Gee very sad news. Been reading his posts for years, at times very insightful, at times very funny, didnt always agree with his comments ..... but at the end of the day, we are all chooks.
    Funny after spending years on here, you may not have physically met someone, but you feel like you know them through their posts.

Condolences to his family & friends.
    Absolutely! I haven’t posted much but have been an
    observer of this place for years. JT’s post were my fave he was blunt and honest but would admit if he was wrong (white flag post) I also got the feeling he knew more than most

RIP JT

Comment

Dear oh dear, that is terrible news. As with many others, I butted heads with Johnny for years, going back to the early 2000s on the Wall. In recent years, our online relationship has been good.

I simply can't believe it. Very sad.

Comment

Very sad news, always enjoyed his posts and agreed with 98% with what he had to say. RIP JT, you will missed.

Comment

Even though we argued and he probably thought I was a dickhead I will miss him here on the forum. It already doesn't seem the same without him.

Comment

Originally posted by Roosterfarian View Post
            He actually came back under a different handle John many moons ago.

Also, some of us were on the wall from its inception which was actually back in late 90s - 1998 I think. It’s strange thinking about how I’ve known some wallsters longer than my kids yet never met them.
            Many times Wallsters had arranged to meet up at half time at a Chooks home game. I went to the designated spots but was reluctant to ask any folk standing around those areas if they were on or from the Wall.

Might have been an idea to wear the Wall T-Shirt I still have to identify ourselves to other Wallsters perhaps.

Last edited by King Salvo; 03-08-2022, 12:32 AM.

Comment

Just now reading through some of my old private messages and some of the great conversations I had with Dave it just doesn't feel real that he is gone, this season just won't feel right not getting that private message on a Wednesday or Thursday with information about a big team change that isn't yet public knowledge, also gutted he won't get to see the Roosters revenge game against Latrell in Round 3.

Comment

Originally posted by King Salvo View Post

Many times Wallsters had arranged to meet up at half time at a Chooks home ground. I went to the designated spots but was reluctant to ask any folk standing around those areas if they were on or from the Wall.
                Just as well. The renowned Wall isn't too far from the stadium either.
                If you asked the wrong person you may have copped a whack in the chops or a dirty look.
                Mickie Lane may have given you a wink though

Comment

One of JTs online highlights for me was The Pendulum...think it was him....very clever satire.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks Fur Coat View Post
                    One of JTs online highlights for me was The Pendulum...think it was him....very clever satire.
                    In the old days..Killer Clown
                    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe

Comment

Very sad news, RIP JT and condolences to his family and friends, I enjoyed his posts on here and Twitter,
                      Originally posted by boogie

"There's a lot of people competing for title of dumbest chookpen member such as Tommy S, Rusty, Johnny, ROC, Tobin but without a doubt you are the worst, youre thick as a brick christ this is the dumbest thing I've read in a long time you should go back to supporting the panthers"

Comment

Originally posted by theGman View Post

Just as well. The renowned Wall isn't too far from the stadium either.
                        If you asked the wrong person you may have copped a whack in the chops or a dirty look.
                        Mickie Lane may have given you a wink though
                        or a hand job
                        Bringer of Rain, Embrace the Hate, Freedom for All

Comment

Absolutely tragic news. Like many I've been around these forums for what seems like forever so in many respects the long termers here feel like part of an extended family.

I came here in 2002, a fresh faced English kid who struggled to make friends so I spent most of my spare time obsessed with the Roosters and on the Wall so it felt like many of you guys were my friends; JT at the forefront of that.

Truly heartbreaking to have lost this dedicated, passionate Roosters brother.

Sincere condolences to his family.

Comment

Dave was my cousin and best friend since I was born in 1970. The man was literally larger than life. The most generous and loyal person I knew. Life will never be the same. Not even close.

Comment

Originally posted by The Bondi spy View Post
                              Dave was my cousin and best friend since I was born in 1970. The man was literally larger than life. The most generous and loyal person I knew. Life will never be the same. Not even close.
                              So sorry for you loss mate. Dave was a great guy. Gutted when I received the news. Thinking of you and your family.
                              Last edited by Horry; 03-08-2022, 07:12 AM.

Comment

Was he the JT that started the glory glory threads back on the old wall? If I knew anything about him, it was his passion for the Roosters.

Rest in peace mate.

Comment

Working...
                                X