X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stsae View Post
    I haven’t posted in years ....
    Welcome back & glad to see you are OK Stsae. Only 20 more posts for the 10K mate. Make an effort - I've always enjoyed your contributions.
    Last edited by Waylander; 03-08-2022, 04:14 PM.

Comment

Dave was fair-welled today. His sister spoke beautifully in front of many friends and family. Dave was a larger than life character and well respected and loved by many.

The world lost two wonderful 52 year olds on the weekend.

Hopefully he’s having a beer with Arty while watching Shane bowl to Don.

Rest In Peace Mate.
      Last edited by Thirteen; 03-08-2022, 07:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by stsae View Post
        I haven’t posted in years but that’s some shitty news. JT and Chook were the first Roosters to direct me to The Wall from that old pre-rleague Illasox forums. I didn’t always get along with JT but always have had massive respect for the man especially after his efforts around Billygunn and many others. I have met him on a few occasions and he was a very nice person and very committed to our club and the people associated with it and showed that with huge generosity that he didn’t seek kudos or praise for. Seeya JT and here are a couple of smileys for you
        Good to hear ya man.
        Start posting again.

Comment

Originally posted by Thirteen View Post
          Dave was fair-welled today. His sister spoke beautifully in front of many friends and family. Dave was a larger than life character and well respected and loved by many.

Rest In Peace Mate.
          Good man Thirteen thats a lovely post.
          52 far out.

Comment

I'm gutted.
            Cant believe this.
            Like those who knew him , I can attest to what a good person he was.
            In 20 plus years of this modern form of communication, we had our ups and downs.................but when push come to shove, and my health started failing, he had my back.
            He took time out of his busy life to PM me on a few occasions to check on my well-being.
            He used to say "Eddie, I want you to get better"

This place wont be the same.
            Life aint fair..........I know he was a few years younger than me, and a better person.

This is terrible news

Comment

Rest In Peace Mate.
              Now that would be a right challenge.

Comment

Sad news, I never knew the guy but followed him here and also on Twitter, which is where I found out after Alan Katz posted.

RIP Mate.

Comment

Rest In Peace Mate.
                  Thanks for that mate....great words.

Comment

lol...I went to Dave's wedding he cracked me up..had a wedding cake made out to look like a Big Mac ..his favorite at the time..had a good sense of humor
                    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe

Comment

Rest In Peace Mate.
                      With Bacchus keeping wickets !

Comment

Dunno anything about the guy but he's clearly made an impact on those who know him IRL.

Can't say I've met anybody on here IRL (that I know of) but it's good to see the club bringing complete randoms together like this (particularly during hard times).

Best wishes to anybody personally impacted.

Comment

Originally posted by ism22 View Post
                          Dunno anything about the guy but he's clearly made an impact on those who know him IRL.

Can't say I've met anybody on here IRL (that I know of) but it's good to see the club bringing complete randoms together like this (particularly during hard times).

Best wishes to anybody personally impacted.
                          The club has nothing to do with bringing randoms on here together. Chris owns the site so thank him for bringing randoms together.

Comment

Jesus. Only just read this.

I'm genuinely upset.

Comment

Originally posted by King Salvo View Post

Many times Wallsters had arranged to meet up at half time at a Chooks home game. I went to the designated spots but was reluctant to ask any folk standing around those areas if they were on or from the Wall.

Might have been an idea to wear the Wall T-Shirt I still have to identify ourselves to other Wallsters perhaps.
                              The Wall t-shirt. What a memory.

I'm genuinely upset about Tobin. Didn't know him but loved the bloke,

Comment

Very sorry to hear this. To those of you who knew him personally, my condolences.

Only saw what he looked like for the first time yesterday when I checked the Katzman twitter post referred to on this thread. He was way too young to go too.

No doubt a tragic rooster through and through, I always enjoyed his posts and the ferocity (and humour) with which he went after anyone who tried to take the club down. If I ever needed a lawyer I think I would have wanted him on my side.

Comment

Working...
                                X