This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by player 1 View Post
    Very sorry to hear this. To those of you who knew him personally, my condolences.

Only saw what he looked like for the first time yesterday when I checked the Katzman twitter post referred to on this thread. He was way too young to go too.

No doubt a tragic rooster through and through, I always enjoyed his posts and the ferocity (and humour) with which he went after anyone who tried to take the club down. If I ever needed a lawyer I think I would have wanted him on my side.
    He was a lawyer
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe

Comment

Geez, what a shock. I'm sitting at my desk close to tears. I haven't visited this site for months for thought I'd check it out just before the first game of 2022 to read this.

I've known JT since the glory days of the Wall back in the early 2000s. Even asked the bugger to dance with me once and he refused! Caught up with him regularly at functions til I stopped attending in 2008 - something else I can blame that idiot Mason for.

RIP JT - you were a Rooster legend. Never to be forgotten. Hope you find plenty of Roosters up there to have a yarn to.

Live life to the full while you can peoples - you never know when it will come to an end.

NC
      Supporting the RW&B, through good times and bad times.

Comment

Very sad news indeed.
        Condolences to his family and friends.
        Wallster original.
        The chookpen will be poorer without JT.
        RIP Dave

Comment

Some lovely tributes on here. I'm sorry I never got to meet him in person.

Does anyone have a pic they would be happy to share in Chookpen memoriam? I wouldn't be surprised if I seen JT at games or gigs and never knew who he was.

Comment

Originally posted by eddie View Post
            I'm gutted.
            Cant believe this.
            Like those who knew him , I can attest to what a good person he was.
            In 20 plus years of this modern form of communication, we had our ups and downs.................but when push come to shove, and my health started failing, he had my back.
            He took time out of his busy life to PM me on a few occasions to check on my well-being.
            He used to say "Eddie, I want you to get better"

This place wont be the same.
            Life aint fair..........I know he was a few years younger than me, and a better person.

This is terrible news
            Hey Eddie, yes terrible news re Dave, sorry I missed ya call from the other day mate.

Will give you a call on the weekend.....
            Originally posted by Bondi Boy

Pathetic!
            What a rabble we are.

Oh well, maybe next year

Comment

I dont go on here much these days and seen the terrible news.....

I never met him but it feels like I have lost a mate......

This place wont be the same....

Condolences to his family and loved ones.....

Fly high JT.......
              Originally posted by Bondi Boy

Pathetic!
              What a rabble we are.

Oh well, maybe next year

Comment

Like so many others here, I didn't know JT but thoroughly enjoyed reading his posts. Gone too soon. We are the poorer for his loss. When it's all said and done, I hope it's memories of all the good times that will dominate the thoughts of his family and friends. Heartfelt condolences to you all.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks Fur Coat View Post
                  Some lovely tributes on here. I'm sorry I never got to meet him in person.

Does anyone have a pic they would be happy to share in Chookpen memoriam? I wouldn't be surprised if I seen JT at games or gigs and never knew who he was.
                  Knowing Dave I don’t think he would want his pic up on here. Next time I see you I can show you a pic.

Comment

Originally posted by Thirteen View Post
                    Knowing Dave I don’t think he would want his pic up on here. Next time I see you I can show you a pic.
                    Fair enough, cheers mate.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jacks Fur Coat View Post

Fair enough, cheers mate.
                      Clear your mailbox Jack mun.
                      Last edited by Roosterfarian; 03-10-2022, 09:48 PM.
                      Exonerate the West Memphis Three - www.wm3.org

Comment

• Rocky is very sad at this tragic news...I've lost a wallster mate as have many others by the response in here.

Pretty apt though that he passed at roughly the same time and same age (52yrs) as Shane Warne because he was the S Warne of this forum. Like Warnie he could put on some massive spin, he was an entertainer and controversial at times, totally Warne like..

Look at his legacy and threads he started....Match-ups, Shittler, Quinton, white flags, lol@Souffs, lol@easts, lol@finch, I love Mitchell, I hate Mitchell..my favourite Roosters, my worst Roosters..etc etc.... spin and a googly Warnie would be proud of,,

Honestly i can't think of a more influential wallster/ poster, surely he is in the top 4..he would be in my all time team of favourite 13 Wallsters...I'd have him at prop (as he had the build of one)

Hope he got buried in or with a Rooster jersey...perhaps a lol@Souffs on his tomb stone..
                        May we have his white flag at half mast thru 2022.

Anyways, R.I.P Dave aka Johnny Tobin,,,Condolences to his family and friends..Maybe gone but never forgotten..

Comment

• Some wonderful posts here celebrating his awesome contributions. May he Rest In Peace and commiserations to his family.
                          “Soon will the present day order be rolled up, and a new one spread out in its stead”- (Baha’u’llah)

Comment

• Originally posted by Rocky Rhodes View Post
                            Rocky is very sad at this tragic news...I've lost a wallster mate as have many others by the response in here.

Pretty apt though that he passed at roughly the same time and same age (52yrs) as Shane Warne because he was the S Warne of this forum. Like Warnie he could put on some massive spin, he was an entertainer and controversial at times, totally Warne like..

Look at his legacy and threads he started....Match-ups, Shittler, Quinton, white flags, lol@Souffs, lol@easts, lol@finch, I love Mitchell, I hate Mitchell..my favourite Roosters, my worst Roosters..etc etc.... spin and a googly Warnie would be proud of,,

Honestly i can't think of a more influential wallster/ poster, surely he is in the top 4..he would be in my all time team of favourite 13 Wallsters...I'd have him at prop (as he had the build of one)

Hope he got buried in or with a Rooster jersey...perhaps a lol@Souffs on his tomb stone..

Anyways, R.I.P Dave aka Johnny Tobin,,,Condolences to his family and friends..Maybe gone but never forgotten..
                            I'd say he was the most influential Wallster, yes.

Certainly the most respected.

It's a huge loss.

So strange losing someone you only knew from a fan forum. But for 22+ years.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rocky Rhodes View Post
                              Rocky is very sad at this tragic news...I've lost a wallster mate as have many others by the response in here.
                              > snip <

What a brilliant post. Well done Rocky.

And I totally agree with Bansai's statement about it being "strange losing someone you only knew from a fan forum. But for 22+ years." That's the thing for me - I've "known" some of you longer than I've known some people in real life. I've had the pleasure of meeting some Wallsters/'Penners as well, but as I said in my earlier post in this thread, I almost met JT by way of Trewhella and Vasco, alas JT was surrounded and I regretfully missed out.

While I'm here, hi to Billy Gunn. Trust you're well mate.
                              "The price of freedom is eternal vigilance."

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

• This thread deserves to be pinned / sticky to honour the great man.
                                Exonerate the West Memphis Three - www.wm3.org

Comment

Working...
                                X