Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First time I’ve been on here for months.
    so shocked and saddened to hear about Dave’s death.

what a larger than life bugger he was.

like many in his life we were close and then we were not.

I genuinely loved him even though.

best sense of humour I have come across and an will be remembered for his intense love of his family.

I used to love baiting then I used to marvel at his many personas here on the wall.

one of my favourites was the character …..the pendulum …..where he he would take a position on something and then take the exact opposite position a post later. Hilarious. …..
    and of course his glory glory poems.
    barbarian ......arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh!!!!!!!

Comment

• Deepest sympathy to his family.

Comment

• Originally posted by Roosterfarian View Post

Clear your mailbox Jack mun.
        Thanks for trying Farian....don't know what's going on with my profile, have deleted a shedload of messages but still can't send/receive.

I caught up with Thirteen at the game yesterday.

Comment

• Terrible news. Way too young. My condolences to anyone who knew JT.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mickie Lane View Post
            Does anyone know what happened to Stephenj?
            He was a long time poster.
            Last time I spoke to him he was telling me he was going to play Rugby again the following year But thinking about that now this was at the back end of the 2018 season

As for JT hearing his age real name I suspect I’ve met him and that we’ve known each who other through going to Roosters games for many years
            Last edited by Andrew Walker; 03-13-2022, 11:40 AM.
            When you trust your television
            what you get is what you got
            Cause when they own the information
            they can bend it all they want

John Mayer

Comment

• Originally posted by trewhella View Post
              First time I’ve been on here for months.
              so shocked and saddened to hear about Dave’s death.

what a larger than life bugger he was.

like many in his life we were close and then we were not.

I genuinely loved him even though.

best sense of humour I have come across and an will be remembered for his intense love of his family.

I used to love baiting then I used to marvel at his many personas here on the wall.

one of my favourites was the character …..the pendulum …..where he he would take a position on something and then take the exact opposite position a post later. Hilarious. …..
              and of course his glory glory poems.
              I had forgotten about his pendulum posts they really summed up his genius on the multiple sites that we've all been on for the good part of 25 years. So many great threads over the years and not many people could throw out burley like JT.

I haven't been online for over a week and I have really enjoyed reading the great tributes.

Comment

• I am sorry to learn of the news. RIP JT, and condolences to his family and friends.
                MRR or Rabid

Some people believe supporting the Roosters
                is a matter of life and death, I am very disappointed
                with that attitude. I can assure you it is
                much, much more important than that.

(1981 Bill Shankly quote variation)

Comment

• I just wanted to post my condolences to JT's friends and family also.

One of the last conversations I had with him was regarding the sky blue ANZAC jersey so when I wear mine in the next few weeks, I will think of him

Rest In Peace sir and thanks for all the memories.
                  "Those who care about you can hear you, even when you are quiet" - Steve Maraboli

Comment

• Originally posted by redwhiteblue View Post
                    I just wanted to post my condolences to JT's friends and family also.

One of the last conversations I had with him was regarding the sky blue ANZAC jersey so when I wear mine in the next few weeks, I will think of him

Rest In Peace sir and thanks for all the memories.
                    I guess after so many years we are a sort of Rooster community.
                    Man, I'd love to know what JT would be writing after the last couple of results.
                    He is definitely missed around here.

Comment

• I have been off this forum for many years....... and this is the first post i read.........I cannot believe this. Known Dave since the Wall days, Always up for a chat anywhere, any time.

Never one to back away from anything. One of those guys you want on your team not against you.

VALE Dave

Delecto Oriens est odio Meridianus
                      To love Easts is to hate Souffs

Originally posted by Bill Shankley, Liverpool FC
                      At a football club, there’s a holy trinity – the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don’t come into it. They are only there to sign the cheques.
                      Originally posted by Andy Raymond Commentating Souffs V Manly 18/04/09
                      The fireworks at the Easter show are making more noise than the crowd tonight

Comment

• Originally posted by supermario View Post
                        I have been off this forum for many years....... and this is the first post i read.........I cannot believe this. Known Dave since the Wall days, Always up for a chat anywhere, any time.

Never one to back away from anything. One of those guys you want on your team not against you.

VALE Dave
                        Welcome back......nice to hear from you after so long despite the circumstances.
                        Hang around

Comment

• Haven't bothered with this forum or the internet in general for years, but I heard about this and wanted to pay my respects to a legend of the Wall and the Pen. I hope JT's shroud was the sign he had made titled "Unleash the Creditors" that he unveiled at a vermins game some years ago as a slap in the face to Crowe. Bloody awesome sign for a bloody awesome bloke.

RIP JT

Chook.

Comment

• Good to hear from you again Chook. Hope you have been keeping well mun.
                            Exonerate the West Memphis Three - www.wm3.org

Comment

• Originally posted by Roosterfarian View Post
                              Good to hear from you again Chook. Hope you have been keeping well mun.
                              Better than good mun, I have retired and plan on living a life of relaxation and harmony with the fruits of my labours. I have been told what to do for the very last time.

Chook.

Comment

Working...
                              X