Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

James Tedesco - Feeling Better than ever!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• James Tedesco - Feeling Better than ever!

Tedesco’s warning to Roosters’ NRL rivals

Darren Walton March 7, 2022

It’s a frightening prospect that will send chills through opposition camps before Thursday night’s NRL season start.

As if the Sydney Roosters weren’t already looming as benchmarks once again with a raft of big guns finally back to full health, now superstar skipper James Tedesco has declared himself feeling better than ever before.

The lightning No.1 underwent stem cell surgery on his left knee during the off-season, when doctors mixed fat and blood and injected it to strengthen his leg.

Now Tedesco feels like he’s running on two fit legs for the first time in years.

“I’ve been hurting after games and just getting through,” the Roosters and NSW State of Origin captain said.

“The rehab we’ve been doing and the program I’ve had during this pre-season has been really good.

“I feel stronger than ever and the body feels really good as well.

“It’s a great start to the season.”

Look out if the 2019 Dally M Medallist can reprise — or eclipse — his career-best form this season.

“A fully fit James Tedesco is a dangerous one,” Roosters recruit Kevin Naiqama said on Monday.

After their annus horribilis last year, when repeated concussions forced co-captains Boyd Cordner and Jake Friend into premature retirement and other key figures dropped like flies, the Roosters shape as powerhouses once more.

Playmaker Luke Keary and Queensland Origin forward Lindsay Collins both return after missing most of 2021 with ACL tears, while injuries and suspension consigned Victor Radley and Sam Verrills to bit-part roles.

“The experience we can take away from last season and adding some of those really key guys back in Keary and Lindsay Collins will be a massive lift for us,” Roosters and Blues back-rower Angus Crichton said.

In a huge boost, Crichton, himself fully fit after off-season elbow surgery, said he’d be betting on Keary to be lining up in round one against Newcastle on Saturday.

“We just need to get the team healthy and we’ll be right,” Tedesco said.

“But it takes a bit more than that. We’ve showed that during pre-season.

“We’ve worked really hard. There have been no complaints, no excuses.

“A lot of our young guys from last year got that experience out there. They’re even more ready for first grade.

“We have a lot of healthy guys coming back, as well.

“It’s definitely a big positive for us going into the start of the year.”

Call me old fashioned but all this talk about the roosters enjoying an injury free season etc etc is making me nervous. I hope we do get that , but I believe in evil eyes and jinx, and will be a nervous wreck all year.

Comment

FWIW my Italian passport just came through (always knew I was Italian but didn't put myself on the books until recently as my wife was curious about whether our kids are eligible).

As a result, I think that I'm owed a dinner at Robbo's house with Mini and Teddy serving up the pizzas (Smiddy can add the cheese if he likes). Bouris and Nick are also welcome as they're also awesome wogs.

Looking forward to getting a call from the club with the said offer

Comment

Originally posted by ism22 View Post
        FWIW my Italian passport just came through (always knew I was Italian but didn't put myself on the books until recently as my wife was curious about whether our kids are eligible).

As a result, I think that I'm owed a dinner at Robbo's house with Mini and Teddy serving up the pizzas (Smiddy can add the cheese if he likes). Bouris and Nick are also welcome as they're also awesome wogs.

Pizzas followed by squid ink spaghetti.

Comment

Originally posted by ism22 View Post

I'm going through the process now, pursuing Italian citizenship via my ancestral Italian Spirits. It's not straightforward in my case so I have lodged a case with the Court of Rome. So save me a seat at Robbo's dinner.

Comment

Originally posted by OMR View Post
            Call me old fashioned but all this talk about the roosters enjoying an injury free season etc etc is making me nervous. I hope we do get that , but I believe in evil eyes and jinx, and will be a nervous wreck all year.
            Injuries are going to happen 100% so you have a reason to be nervous.
            The whole Roosters winning the comp this year comes down to injuries. I believe you need your best 15 to win the comp so injuries play a major part.
            For me again this year if Keary goes down for the season the Roosters season is over or if he gets injured & is ruled out of the final series. Keary has to be on the field on GF day to win the comp.

Comment

Originally posted by Spirit of 66 View Post

I'm going through the process now, pursuing Italian citizenship via my ancestral Italian Spirits. It's not straightforward in my case so I have lodged a case with the Court of Rome. So save me a seat at Robbo's dinner.
              Good luck mate, I hope it goes well!

Long story short, I was super lucky as all the dates lined up in my favour (the embassy said 'you are an Italian citizen, just you're not registered yet') so I just had to register the paperwork. I'm an illegitimate child so getting the originals was a piece of work but it all lined up nicely.

Any celebration plans in order if you are successful?

Comment

Originally posted by Spirit of 66 View Post

I'm going through the process now, pursuing Italian citizenship via my ancestral Italian Spirits.
                Grappa, Frangelico, Strega, Limoncello, Amaro, Cinzano.........any of these paesano??

Comment

Originally posted by theGman View Post

Grappa, Frangelico, Strega, Limoncello, Amaro, Cinzano.........any of these paesano??
                  Tempting to grab a good bottle! Feels good having something to celebrate

Comment

What else does the media and fans expect him to say

I feel okay but not as good as I have previously, I have a few niggling injuries that won't be looked at until seasons end which will effect my game..
                    The teams fitness is down maybe 20% this year but that isn't a problem and the boys feel we might make the top 8 this year if we have a bit of luck.

Media can't find a story so need to make one, every team will have the same reply. We are fitter then ever and feel great and we expect to go deep into the finals and win the premiership.

Comment

Working...
                    X