Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keary named at #7, just saying...

Not gonna be smug and say I told you so but like... I told you so

Expecting all the humble apologies to come in from all who have dared correct me with their assertions that there's a major difference between 6/7 and Walker's our #7 having replaced an injured Keary last season.

J/K - just thought I'd stir the pot while getting the topic started. Good to have this one sorted as I feel it's minor but had a lot of people guessing.
    Last edited by ism22; 03-08-2022, 04:42 PM.

And Foxsports is reporting that Sam Walker will goal kick. Hope we score a lot of tries.

Comment

Originally posted by ism22 View Post

Expecting all the humble apologies to come in from all who have dared correct me with their assertions that there's a major difference between 6/7 and Walker's our #7 having replaced an injured Keary last season.

J/K - just thought I'd stir the pot while getting the topic started. Good to have this one sorted as I feel it's minor but had a lot of people guessing.
      Plus you said Momo on the wing which I said to you was no chance.
      Your on the money about Keary 7 Walker 6. I didnt expect that. I wonder if Walker plays 5/8 till Keary retires & then go's to half or is he now our 5/8?

Comment

Originally posted by ism22 View Post

maybe hold off on the self congratulations until kickoff...

Comment

There is a significant difference in the role between a 7 and 6, no surprises Keary will be the 7 that was announced 12 months ago. He will be accountable for the organisation of the side which will allow Walker to play more freely.

Comment

I suspect with Radley playing as 1st receiver we will have Walker on one side as second receiver and Keary on the opposite side as a second receiver. Basicly we will have 2 5/8s.

Comment

that team is farking strong ...good luck newcastle youll need it i think

Comment

I would much prefer Sam the organiser, and Keary the free runner. Think the organising responsibility lessens Luke's effectiveness. Obviously others disagree.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks Fur Coat View Post
                  I would much prefer Sam the organiser, and Keary the free runner. Think the organising responsibility lessens Luke's effectiveness. Obviously others disagree.
                  I think that's the way it's going to work out.

The interesting part is Keary can play both organiser and free runner and on both sides of the field- but i guess its Robbos call how he will be used.Maybe it will be Robbo's call to make it Kearys call....not many players come back from a ACL and become as effective as they were before being injured- it can take months before they are.

Either way its not a bad position to be in! I just hope Keary has a injury free year. Teddy,Manu,JWH, Radley are big guns but Keary is our no.1 most important player

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks Fur Coat View Post
                    He killed it in the two games before he got injured last season. Small sample size albeit!

Comment

Working...
                    X