Buzz reality check

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jacks Fur Coat View Post
    Obviously you don’t win premierships in March and there is enough time for Robinson to turn it around and get his side performing.
    Oi Buzz can you slip Chriddy a few bucks for giving you the inspiration for this one? (It'd help out with the hosting big time). I swear all your content comes from the 'can we turn it around?' thread that I started

Comment

Buzz, other reporters and even Bloke in the Bar have all forgotten that we've also lost Isaac Liu. Yes, he hasn't retired but he was another solid, well-experienced, reliable, no-nonsense forward and influential member of our pack.

Buzz is also right overall. We need to be able to compete and most importantly beat the top 4 contenders in order to be considered a contender, otherwise we're pretenders ... a top 4 gatekeeper at best !

Comment

Bloody hell Buzz is actually spot on....however Sam Walker looks like a tackling dynamo compared to Mitchell Moses. Other halves like Matt Moylan, Luke Brooks and even Cody Walker aren't much better

Comment

Originally posted by TheLoneRooster View Post
          BigCok007 I saw Teddy's behaviour in the presser different to yours. He looked uninterested to me and I got the distinct impression he didn't want to be in the presser. Glad you saw it differently so I hope you're right and I'm wrong.
          We just got smashed. Did you expect him to walk in all happy?

Comment

Originally posted by TheLoneRooster View Post
            I've got no problem with what Buzz wrote as I've thought all of it myself. I find myself getting sick of hearing from the team that "we're going to play Roosters footy." Does "Roosters footy" mean dropped balls, poor completions, lots of errors, impatient AND slow play (at the same time)? The thing I noticed last Friday is giving up on plays such as when the vermin winger scored and was allowed to improve his position.
            Good points and this is what concerns me the most. I don’t mind as much if we put in and lose but the attitude was so concerning. Players laying on the ground after the tackle instead of getting back to their feet to defend, horrible goal line defence and slow play the balls smacks of an attitude issue.
            Agree I’m sick of this “Roosters football” talk. The dropped balls with low completion rates, no idea in attack with players looking confused, terrible defence and poor ill discipline have sadly become the norm.

Comment

Guess what happened in 2020 Buzz? The rules of the game were fundamentally changed and they don't suit Robbo's coaching style, until Robbo is willing to change then yes we're going to struggle against the best. Our high error, defensive frustrating stuff doesn't cut it anymore - it's a high possession and territory based game - top 4 dominated these stats the past 2 seasons.
              Last edited by elo; 03-29-2022, 07:44 AM.

Comment

We were a better team last year with half a quad,
                the talent could not have deteriorated that fast.
                So there is no need to panic just yet .
                The chooks just need to get back to running harder and tackling harder the the opposition and playing with some patience.
                A simple approach with a hard working attitude will turn it around imo.
                no need for changes yet

Comment

Originally posted by Freddy View Post

Good points and this is what concerns me the most. I don’t mind as much if we put in and lose but the attitude was so concerning. Players laying on the ground after the tackle instead of getting back to their feet to defend, horrible goal line defence and slow play the balls smacks of an attitude issue.
                  Agree I’m sick of this “Roosters football” talk. The dropped balls with low completion rates, no idea in attack with players looking confused, terrible defence and poor ill discipline have sadly become the norm.
                  The players lying on the ground after the tackle might have been hurt, not able to bounce back up.
                  Or, could be carrying injuries.
                  Selecting injured players is a recipe for disaster.
                  The rest of the things you mention are
                  coaching issues.
                  Coaching.
                  "If the student hasn't learnt, the teacher hasn't taught".

You'd hope the players are not being flogged all week at training and have nothing left for game day.

Fitzy departed, the trainer guy departed, new people were hired.
                  Is that part of the problem?

Is Walker a luxury we cannot *afford*, at present?
                  The Cowboys are huuuge, they'll likely run over him like a stampede.
                  Walker simply cannot, and should not be expected to, tackle the huge Cowboys players.
                  Ditto Keary if he's not 100%.
                  Most of our players caught Covid in recent times.
                  Covid is bad news, the Covid Reaper is a killer.
                  Maybe some of our players are still suffering effects...club doctors should be doing thorough tests.
                  Running out of puff, stuffed after exercise, unable to bounce back up after tackles, looking tired after the games are just starting...players could still be affected.

Comment

I think Buzz might be getting some talking points from places like the Chookpen, to run his own mini 'pub test'.

The negative media isn't a bad thing though. Gives us a "Waddaya say now" comeback if we are kickin tail in a few months time.

Some good points in this thread. One I agree with and have thought for some time is that Robbo hasnt adjusted to PVLeague as well as some of his opponents.

Can't use the who's not here argument, its about who is. We have had time and money to build the team we want. Melbourne seem to have kicked on after losing Smith, Cronk, Slater etc. Haven't missed a beat.

Still it's early days. Never knock a champion. You end up with egg on your face. I think Robbos one. Should'nt be immune to criticism though.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks Fur Coat View Post
                      I think Buzz might be getting some talking points from places like the Chookpen, to run his own mini 'pub test'.

The negative media isn't a bad thing though. Gives us a "Waddaya say now" comeback if we are kickin tail in a few months time.

Some good points in this thread. One I agree with and have thought for some time is that Robbo hasnt adjusted to PVLeague as well as some of his opponents.

Can't use the who's not here argument, its about who is. We have had time and money to build the team we want. Melbourne seem to have kicked on after losing Smith, Cronk, Slater etc. Haven't missed a beat.

Still it's early days. Never knock a champion. You end up with egg on your face. I think Robbos one. Should'nt be immune to criticism though.
                      The players who won games for us last season are not playing.

Lam, he's not a turnstile in defence..
                      Marschke.
                      Keighran, kicked goals from the sideline...played well.
                      Tapuha.
                      E Butcher.
                      Suluka-Fifita.
                      Whyte...he should be on the right wing smashing Johnston-ilk over the sideline before they score tries.
                      Last edited by bondi.boy; 03-29-2022, 08:57 AM.

Comment

we played well v manly this season so we know we can do it. sure, 1 from 3 isn't ideal and the odds of us making the top 4 should lengthen but we'll come home strongly and are still as good a chance as anyone to win it

Comment

Originally posted by bondi.boy View Post

The players who won games for us last season are not playing.

Lam, he's not a turnstile in defence..
                          Marschke.
                          Keighran, kicked goals from the sideline...played well.
                          Tapuha.
                          E Butcher.
                          Suluka-Fifita.
                          Whyte...he should be on the right wing smashing Johnston-ilk over the sideline before they score tries.
                          Suluka-Fifita? Is he the guy who played about 2 games, was sent off for punching and never played first grade again?

Comment

Is this Jared's last season?

Will be sad to see the big dog go. But it's time.

Comment

we still have leadership in JWH, SST, Teddy & Keary. The problem I had is the style we played against Souffs, rather than establish and settle with tough brand of footy first, we tried to overplay and doing fancy offload the whole game which lead to points scored against us. Need to get back to basic with the Bondi wall, the brilliance will comes out of it

Comment

Originally posted by ConGa View Post
                                we still have leadership in JWH, SST, Teddy & Keary. The problem I had is the style we played against Souffs, rather than establish and settle with tough brand of footy first, we tried to overplay and doing fancy offload the whole game which lead to points scored against us. Need to get back to basic with the Bondi wall, the brilliance will comes out of it
                                The players who played for us in the era of the "Bondi Wall" are not the players we are playing with now.

Comment

Working...
                                X