No announcement yet.

Buzz reality check

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's with the extensive JWH criticism?

He was immense last year. Single handedly carried our forward pack for much of the season.

He's just had a slow start to 2022. He deserves time.

Comment

It's not criticism, he's coming to the end of his career.

Can't play forever.

Comment

Originally posted by Thirteen View Post

We just got smashed. Did you expect him to walk in all happy?
        It's a stupid question you pose, but I'll lower myself and answer your question concisely: no.
        "The price of freedom is eternal vigilance."

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by TheLoneRooster View Post
          BigCok007 I saw Teddy's behaviour in the presser different to yours. He looked uninterested to me and I got the distinct impression he didn't want to be in the presser. Glad you saw it differently so I hope you're right and I'm wrong.
          Yeah fair call, definitely looks uncomfortable but I do think he expects high performance which is why he’s such a consistent performer. So I’m hoping I’m right in that he was disgusted and will make amends!

Comment

Originally posted by Rooster36 View Post
            Buzz has been pretty close with management recently so this reeks to me of robbo and nick planting a seed for the players to respond to

will they?
            I thought the same thing.

In saying that, I think the reasons he listed are pretty much spot on.

Born and bred in the eastern suburbs.

Comment

Originally posted by Tommy Smith View Post
              What's with the extensive JWH criticism?

He was immense last year. Single handedly carried our forward pack for much of the season.

He's just had a slow start to 2022. He deserves time.
              I think his assessment on JWH is spot on.

Comment

As for Walker, I think his defence has improved quite a bit.

Sitili is the one that needs to lift, big time.

Comment

Originally posted by TheLoneRooster View Post

It's a stupid question you pose, but I'll lower myself and answer your question concisely: no.
                  In his lifetime Thomas Jefferson owned more than 600 slaves.
                  They had no freedom.

Teddy stuffed up.
                  Teddy must do better.
                  He will, I believe.
                  Last edited by bondi.boy; 03-29-2022, 02:54 PM.

Comment

Some good points. In fact I didn't realise our record was that bad against the top teams.

If I'm to put forward an argument against, I'd say:
                    - Robbo has a record of starting slow, its September that matters, just look at 2018 when we started slow
                    - Last year was a write off, many of the losses to the top teams occurred last year
                    - Verrills is important to our team, we are really missing that fast service from dummy half
                    - We arent the only side with a small half whose is a defensive liability, just look at Souths, Manly even Storm. Their halves get targeted. I'll be surpised if Crighton is not defending next to Walker at some stage
                    - We need time to adjust to the rule change, we gave Souths too many piggy backs out of their half

I feel we just need a few more weeks.

We'll see how Buzz's article ages.

Comment

Originally posted by The Corner Post View Post
                      Some good points. In fact I didn't realise our record was that bad against the top teams.

If I'm to put forward an argument against, I'd say:
                      - Robbo has a record of starting slow, its September that matters, just look at 2018 when we started slow
                      - Last year was a write off, many of the losses to the top teams occurred last year
                      - Verrills is important to our team, we are really missing that fast service from dummy half
                      - We arent the only side with a small half whose is a defensive liability, just look at Souths, Manly even Storm. Their halves get targeted. I'll be surpised if Crighton is not defending next to Walker at some stage
                      - We need time to adjust to the rule change, we gave Souths too many piggy backs out of their half

I feel we just need a few more weeks.

We'll see how Buzz's article ages.
                      We gave?
                      Ye olde referee did the giving, but had blinkers on to the *sins* of the rabbits.
                      The bob tail bunnies could do no wrong, as usual it seems.
                      9-2 penalty counts in favour of the bunnies are not foreign to their games.

These days you can't afford to start slowly, or you get left behind.
                      Winning home games is hard enough, let alone winning away games against teams that have improved.

Last edited by bondi.boy; 03-29-2022, 02:52 PM.

Comment

The thing is those losses began in 2020 after going B2B and every team was gunning for us, and if I dare say it, rules were changed to stifle our style of play, as well as the Storm’s being the two most dominant teams of the decade.
                        As far as Teddy goes, he’s his own hardest marker, and whenever challenged he rises to the top again, so I hold no fear of him regaining his best next game. You don’t become crap overnight.

Comment

Teddy busted his ass in this game, just like he does in every other game.
                          It is just that the things he tried to do, did not come off.
                          Everyone makes mistakes.
                          He will be back, better than ever.
                          No one even mentions that during his "poor" game, he was still there to support Joey, and scored our first try.

Comment

Hit the mark

Comment

"Originally posted by bondi.boy

We gave?
                              Ye olde referee did the giving, but had blinkers on to the *sins* of the rabbits.

It certainly did not hinder the bunnies in any way
                              There was a penalty against Angus , and he shook his head in disbelief.
                              I couldn't work out what the penalty was for.
                              I think it was because he tackled a Souffs player.

Comment

Originally posted by roostermcgregor View Post
                                "Originally posted by bondi.boy

We gave?

It certainly did not hinder the bunnies in any way
                                There was a penalty against Angus , and he shook his head in disbelief.
                                I couldn't work out what the penalty was for.
                                I think it was because he tackled a Souffs player.
                                mrs bb is of the same opinion...many mystifying penalties are given against us in games.
                                It's not our whole problem, but it sure makes us do a lot more tackling in games than we should.
                                It's been said by others at this site that we get penalised but the other teams don't get penalised for the same things.
                                Lost count of the number of forward passes Souths threw without censure.
                                Offside all night, players in front of the kicker coming within 10 metres of the play, one of our players tackled without the ball, his arm pulled back before the bombed ball reached him, causing him not to catch it.
                                Easy to steamroll the opposition when you can basically do whatever you like all game and only have to run all night and not do much tackling.
                                Penalty to Souths.
                                Penalty to Souths.
                                Penalty to Souths.
                                It was a penalty-a-thon to the victors.

Comment

Working...
                                X