Buzz reality check

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Vasco View Post
    As for Walker, I think his defence has improved quite a bit.

Sitili is the one that needs to lift, big time.
    Agree, walker definitley isn’t our problem. I’m still holding my judgement. 2018 taught me not to go off early. I’m not saying this is 2018 but we just don’t know yet. I know I was calling for friend and robbo’s head, we also had threads like “worst recruit” and “white flag” (rip JT). Definitley need to be much much better but

Comment

Originally posted by roostermcgregor View Post
      "Originally posted by bondi.boy

We gave?
      Ye olde referee did the giving, but had blinkers on to the *sins* of the rabbits.
      The bob tail bunnies could do no wrong, as usual it seems.
      9-2 penalty counts in favour of the bunnies are not foreign to their games.

It certainly did not hinder the bunnies in any way
      There was a penalty against Angus , and he shook his head in disbelief.
      I couldn't work out what the penalty was for.
      I think it was because he tackled a Souffs player.
      Don't think Robbo hasn't adapted to PVLeague. After the hiatus in 2020 we came out firing. Everyone thought the threepeat was on.

Then the 6 agains dried up and are now given to the opposition as they camp on our line and come away with a "refs try".

To make matters worse we've tried to be piano players not lifters to get around it like Mr Pickett said.

It must be hard mentally and obviously physically having no momentum in games, it being given to our opposition for the slightest thing whilst their indiscretions are ignored most of the time.

Footy is the toughest sport. Fatigue then leads to even more penalties and errors. Hard to beat the top four with no momentum in games. They suck the life out of us.

Robbo would be looking to pull the trigger at the business end hence the slow start. Catch 22, we've got to win some games along the way or there'll be no end to do business!

Comment

Loved hearing Buzz on Roosters radio with his scoop

Comment

It is an easy fix though and starts with the players attitude in games - ball control /high sets completions / reduce errors and penalties/ numbers in tackles/better kick and chase game.

Can't give up possession as much as they do in games and expect to win - the more defence they have to do results in more errors/missed tackles/penalties and set starts conceded as fatigue increases and frustration grows as a result of how they are playing.

Comment

Might be time to pull out the short kickoffs

Comment

Originally posted by ConGa View Post
              we still have leadership in JWH, SST, Teddy & Keary. The problem I had is the style we played against Souffs, rather than establish and settle with tough brand of footy first, we tried to overplay and doing fancy offload the whole game which lead to points scored against us. Need to get back to basic with the Bondi wall, the brilliance will comes out of it
              That was extremely notable in the South’s game, the fancy stuff which you only should do when you’re leading by 40 and the match is in the bag. They just didn’t want to grind it out. Maybe we knew we didn’t have the fitness to grind 80 minutes so tried to win it early with stupid flick passes which were dropped or went into touch. We just didn’t build pressure.

“Soon will the present day order be rolled up, and a new one spread out in its stead”- (Baha’u’llah)

Comment

If I didn’t know any better I’d say we are throwing games. We know all we have to do but are deliberately choosing a couldn’t care less style of play. Are there internal problems? It just looked so weird the way we played without any composure or structure.
                “Soon will the present day order be rolled up, and a new one spread out in its stead”- (Baha’u’llah)

Comment

Originally posted by roosterchook View Post
                  If I didn’t know any better I’d say we are throwing games. We know all we have to do but are deliberately choosing a couldn’t care less style of play. Are there internal problems? It just looked so weird the way we played without any composure or structure.
                  Maybe this is like what Gus claims Benny does sometimes with his teams. Let’s them play without guidance to see if they can work it out themselves. Especially after halftime and he said he didn’t give Tedesco any specific instructions.

That and you learn more from a loss than from a win.

Comment

Originally posted by roosterchook View Post
                    LOL are you seriously suggesting we played poorly deliberately? Oh come on now.

Comment

Originally posted by Rooster36 View Post
                      Might be time to pull out the short kickoffs
                      You’ve nailed it. That’s the reason we haven’t been winning.

Comment

Are we playing well? No.

But we've played 3 rounds of what is a very looooong competition. This team has the coach and cattle to win the comp.

Comment

Originally posted by BigCok007 View Post
                          It’s click bait. Everyone loves to hate us, the leaders he’s calling out have left in the past two years a time we earned this shocking record against the top teams.

SST was our best against Manly with over 200mtrs and suddenly past it. Teddy is and remains the games best all round 1. Angus is underdone, Rads doesn’t want to let the team down but is still showing mongrel. JWH needs a rolling start but as the year gets going he’ll dominate.

I suspect COVID and injuries has really set us back in terms of preseason prep. We had bugger all trials and not only are struggling because our combinations are still forming but it’s compounded by a lack of fitness.

The presser post game where Teddy cut in as Robbo was trying to explain how you tell Teddy not to make errors, and Teddy owns it, and had disdain for how disappointed he was… that is leadership on display. I’m backing Teddy will rally the troops and he’ll have a blinder against Cows. We’ll have a good crack this year lads. Fear not!
                          Good post.

Comment

Originally posted by TeddyGoat View Post
                            Pretty much agree with everything he has pointed out there, besides the SST and Teddy part, that stuff is rubbish.

Can't really argue with any other of those dot points though, they are all true whether we like to admit it or not
                            The first sentence of his article shows the tone of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Rooster36 View Post

Agree, walker definitley isn’t our problem. I’m still holding my judgement. 2018 taught me not to go off early. I’m not saying this is 2018 but we just don’t know yet. I know I was calling for friend and robbo’s head, we also had threads like “worst recruit” and “white flag” (rip JT). Definitley need to be much much better but
                              In my eyes Walker is a big problem for us.

Opponents are taking advantage of Sam Walker's size and brittle defence. He has missed 19 tackles in three games.

Comment

Old dreams and past glories comes to mind. The team is made up of too old, too young or too injured players.

Always remember they get paid win or lose. Maybe this will prick some ego bubbles and they'll win up in the swamp on a Saturday night.

Comment

Working...
                                X