No announcement yet.

Official Match Day Thread: Roosters v Cowboys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well, good win although I can't say I was super impressed with the Chooks, but we definitely played a lot better than last week. Completed fairly well, and the forwards were hugely improved. Tauks, JWH and Collins would surely be the best group of middles in any team if they're in form? Was good to see them all play so well.

Toups is probably the most underrated player in the game still. This guy should have been considered as the best Winger in the game for quite some time, and should be a walk up start for NSW and the Kangaroos.

Re the sinbins, the first one was an absolute sinbin every day of the week (and incredibly stupid since Keary was never getting near the ball)
    The late shot on Walker I don't think should have been a bin, and I reckon they got that wrong.
    The Townsend high shot was also a very fair binning. There were no mitigating circumstances whatsoever, and there was no excuse to hit him high there. Lazy, reckless, intentional or whatever you want to call it. Happy for those to be sinbins.

People also don't seem to be mentioning that although maybe the second binning was wrong, they should have had another one or two binned. Especially when we had them shot to bits out on the right and they were all off-side, and made no real effort to even get back.

Anyway, good to be in the winners circle and hopefully we continue building ala 2018. Plenty to work on.

Comment

• Originally posted by ARD View Post
      Careful, you’ll be sent to bed for being a chatty rum and cola hound.
      you were a touch out of order , but play on

Comment

• Originally posted by Crab View Post
        Boys have flicked the switch ! Side to side , brilliant
        ! Joey Manu the best on ground
        You like the sideways stuff don't you Crab!

Comment

• Originally posted by Jacks Fur Coat View Post
          He's just a horrible ref ....even if we have got the rub of the green a bit tonight.
          That's wasn't Sutton last night - looked like him but have grave fears for the real Gerard Sutton.

Comment

• love the smell of victory in the morning

Comment

• Originally posted by The Lip View Post

You like the sideways stuff don't you Crab!
              Ha ha yeah good pickup Lip . Should have said side to side but moving forward , i got a bit excited . How good was it to see them on song !

Comment

• not related , but isnt it kinda sad to see burton and jac go to waste at the dogs

Comment

• Originally posted by mattyh View Post
                  not related , but isnt it kinda sad to see burton and jac go to waste at the dogs
                  What were they expecting to happen?
                  EASTS TO WIN!

Comment

• Can you believe Payten? It takes a special type of stupid to be beaten six tries to one and STILL blame the referee.

In an instant, Payten has shown himself to be an imposter and not a first grade coach.

Comment

• Best game I've seen Sitili play, has taken a while, hope he remains at that standard.
                      Collins also going real good, imho, contrary to the thoughts of many on here.
                      ​​​​​​joseph needs to play outside Joey

Comment

• "Originally posted by The Lip

That's wasn't Sutton last night - looked like him but have grave fears for the real Gerard Sutton.

I agree- absolutely
                        That was just Sutton giving the Roosters favoritism in a game that was already won.
                        So when we complain about referee bias, both Sutton and Annesley can point to the Cowboys game, and say what a fair deal the Roosters get from the refs.
                        But when a tight game against a top 4 contender comes around, just wait for Sutton to bend the Roosters over, and give it to us in the *ss.
                        Just like we got against the Souffs choirboys- 9-2 penalty count against (different ref , but same result)
                        I reckon the Roosters are being set up - and the Cowboys were sacrificial lambs, because they don't matter, anyway.

Comment

• Originally posted by roostermcgregor View Post
                          "Originally posted by The Lip

I agree- absolutely
                          That was just Sutton giving the Roosters favoritism in a game that was already won.
                          So when we complain about referee bias, both Sutton and Annesley can point to the Cowboys game, and say what a fair deal the Roosters get from the refs.
                          But when a tight game against a top 4 contender comes around, just wait for Sutton to bend the Roosters over, and give it to us in the *ss.
                          Just like we got against the Souffs choirboys- 9-2 penalty count against (different ref , but same result)
                          I reckon the Roosters are being set up - and the Cowboys were sacrificial lambs, because they don't matter, anyway.
                          Each to their own but I couldnt follow the footy if I thought like that.
                          I think all the teams get the raw deal from the refs or bunker at times.
                          You probably thought the refs were trying to fark the Roosters over last year when Rads in Magic Rd was sinned binned but then if you watched the Dragons this year & saw Su'A getting binned 2 weeks in a row for a good aggressive tackle then you would know that its not about going after the Roosters.
                          I still say that the 3 sinbins on the weekend to the Cowboys were horrid & if you followed the Cowboys you would think about them exactly how you think about the Roosters.

Comment

Working...
                          X