No announcement yet.

Official Match Day Thread: Roosters v Cowboys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cows have only conceded 8pts per game, but they’ve played Dogs, Raiders, Broncs. Reckon Roosters by 6.

Comment

Originally posted by BillyBonkers View Post
      Based on nothing, I reckon the no emotion policy against Souths was a mistake, this was it, the redemption, the normal fiery chaos of the universe on display. Instead we gave away the comfort of predictability to the bunnies, against the Cowboys, who chance their hand, with exciting as the moment presents game plan, backed by a go forward pack, thats gotta be us, us by 16.
      We were on tranquilisers v Souths. Instead of pumping them up Robbo pumped them down. Bad move! Victor was too afraid to tackle above the knees.

Comment

Originally posted by ARD View Post
        Cows have only conceded 8pts per game, but they’ve played Dogs, Raiders, Broncs. Reckon Roosters by 6.
        I’m not concerned about them I’m only concerned about us. We have the side to lap them but will they actually turn up?

Comment

Originally posted by Thirteen View Post

I’m not concerned about them I’m only concerned about us. We have the side to lap them but will they actually turn up?
          Our attack has struggled and they have conceded least amount of points in comp, so thinks it’s a meaningful point. But agree, we play close to our ability and JWH be belllowing the team song afterwards like a raving madman.

Comment

Originally posted by ARD View Post

Our attack has struggled and they have conceded least amount of points in comp, so thinks it’s a meaningful point. But agree, we play close to our ability and JWH be belllowing the team song afterwards like a raving madman.
            Our attack has struggled cause our forwards think they’re playing in the NRLW. Absolutely dominated in 2 of 3 games. Have been piss weak. Angus is meant to be a NSW regular. Had no impact this year. Against Souths them all seemed flat footed. Run onto the bloody ball!

C’mon Roosters make our weekend better not worse.
            Last edited by Thirteen; 04-02-2022, 11:46 AM.

Comment

Our attack has struggled cause our forwards think they’re playing in the NRLW. Absolutely dominated in 2 of 3 games. Have been piss weak. Angus is meant to be a NSW regular. Had no impact this year. Against Souths them all seemed flat footed. Run onto the bloody ball!

Yes please don’t leave me man-crying into my beer(s) again.

Comment

Enough of the bullshit Roosters. It’s time to get serious. You’ve been nothing but disappointing in the opening rounds. We have a great squad who are capable of winning the competition. Show up tonight. Wear that jersey with pride. Play this “Roosters footy” that we are always hearing about but rarely get to see. Entertain us. Help us heal from that pathetic showing last week against a side we should have been motivated to thrash. Hold the bloody ball. Be patient. Don’t try and score off every play. Go down the middle first. Forwards the holiday is over. It’s time to get to work. Don’t embarrass us again. Shut all the doubters up. Fire up!

GO ROOSTERS!
                You're getting good at this mate!

Agree with your comments. Every player needs to set small goals of improvement for tonight. Work our way back into this competition. Back yourself and trust your mate.

As Jack used to say....if your gonna make a blue, make it at 100 miles per hour. No half baked shoves.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks Fur Coat View Post

You're getting good at this mate!

Agree with your comments. Every player needs to set small goals of improvement for tonight. Work our way back into this competition. Back yourself and trust your mate.

As Jack used to say....if your gonna make a blue, make it at 100 miles per hour. No half baked shoves.
                  I’m just fed up with the garbage footy we have been playing. The way we’ve been going we would be better off playing with last years side.

Comment

Enough of the bullshit Roosters. It’s time to get serious. You’ve been nothing but disappointing in the opening rounds. We have a great squad who are capable of winning the competition. Show up tonight. Wear that jersey with pride. Play this “Roosters footy” that we are always hearing about but rarely get to see. Entertain us. Help us heal from that pathetic showing last week against a side we should have been motivated to thrash. Hold the bloody ball. Be patient. Don’t try and score off every play. Go down the middle first. Forwards the holiday is over. It’s time to get to work. Don’t embarrass us again. Shut all the doubters up. Fire up!

GO ROOSTERS!
                    Amen.

Comment

Exactly.

Comment

With absolutely no confidence at all Roosters to win . I hope

Comment

Originally posted by The Lip View Post

Seriously what are you guys seeing that's so special in Momo? Yeah Robbo said his like having another coach out there and I agree - he's about as quick as Robbo.

surely you can't be saying this based on this years games. He hasn't been bad - he has been 5.5 out of 10. We haven't had many better this year bar SST and Toops but Momo hasn't set the world on fire at all - boring player so far. Defence is his strength and he works hard in D I do agree.
                          I agree .
                          Opposition teams wouldn't feel real threatened marking up on him. Safe is always good but points are just as important and we seem to be way down on strike out wide these days

Comment

GO ROOSTERS!
                            Agree with everything said but mostly the the Fire Up! bit. I haven't felt a loss as badly as the one last week, It was completely soulless.

We seem to be intent on being this woke footy team that of late, doesn't offend anyone and always stays within the lanes. Would love to see some genuine aggression from the whole pack. Don't switch off the emotion; harness and use it. More line speed and dominant tackles. Less passive catch and hold. Intimidate and get under the skin of the opposition', be a little bit grubby. Play like it matters. Stand for something! Earn an identity and some respect again. Together!

C'mon the Mighty Roosters! FIRE UP!
                            Last edited by Seventy Five; 04-02-2022, 03:16 PM.

Comment

Better ball control and discipline and we should get the win but those 2 issues have dogged us besides the first half against manly.
                              Easts to win

Comment

Back to basics which hopefully were worked on in prep for the game - ball control and high set completions /line speed in defence with numbers in tackles/ reduce errors and penalties and set starts conceded/ better kick and chase game.

If they do those basic things then they are more than a chance of winning.

They should know how the Cows will play PLUS whom they will isolate in defence - still I don't know why Walker and Keary don't defend on the wing or 2 in at least.

Can someone explain the reason why halves defend 3 in on both sides - you want your halves doing the least tackling and not being targeted in defence as you need them fresh for the attacking part of the game

Left side - Walker Toops Momirovski/backrower - Right aide - Backrower/Manu/Naiqama/Keary

or

Left side - Toops/Walker/Momirovski/Backrower - Right side - Backrower/Manu/Keary/Naiqama

Instead of

Left side - Toops/Momirovski/Walker/Backrower - Right side - Backrower/ Keary/Manu/Naiqama
                                Last edited by King Salvo; 04-02-2022, 03:32 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X