NRLW TEAM LISTS FOR GRAND FINAL- Roosters vs Dragons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NRLW TEAM LISTS FOR GRAND FINAL- Roosters vs Dragons

Not sure how Sarah Togatuki has faired at the Judiciary - nothing mentioned as yet

https://www.roosters.com.au/news/202...al-vs-dragons/

Are they in with a chance? Are the Dragons any good? Good enough to make a GF I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by stringaz View Post
      Are they in with a chance? Are the Dragons any good? Good enough to make a GF I guess.
      50-50 - The teams that does the basics best will go along way towards winning it - If the Chooks complete and compete they can win it

Comment

Originally posted by stringaz View Post
        If we can beat the Bronx we can beat the Goons.

However, did we play our GF last week? Its going to take a big effort mentally as much as anything.

Dragons are very skilled and well coached...fullback is a dynamo.

One thing we do have now is confidence and self-belief. It matters.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks Fur Coat View Post

However, did we play our GF last week? Its going to take a big effort mentally as much as anything.

I’d be keeping a close eye on the dragons #6.

Comment

Will the fellas stay up in Brissy to watch them?
            I know they’ve been away for a week but it’d be good to see the club camaraderie

Comment

The Sydney Roosters have tonight been successful in downgrading the Grade Two Careless High Tackle charge against Sarah Togatuki at the NRLW Judiciary.

The Club entered a plea of guilty, however, sought a downgrade of the charge for Togatuki after she was cited for an incident that occurred in the 4th minute of the Semi-Final match against the Brisbane Broncos, which the NRLW Judiciary accepted at a hearing this evening.

As a result, Togatuki has received an official warning, and will be available for selection in the 2021 NRLW Grand Final against the St George Illawarra Dragons on April 10.

Comment

Togatuki successful with her attempt to downgrade her charge and will be available to play the GF.

Good luck ladies, I’ll be cheering for you.

Comment

Originally posted by Waylander View Post
                  Togatuki successful with her attempt to downgrade her charge and will be available to play the GF.

Good luck ladies, I’ll be cheering for you.
                  Big result...she has been outstanding.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks Fur Coat View Post

Not the GF as they were pretty adamant the job wasn't finished

I thought the Chooks were the better side vs Dragons - Dragons got a lucky few tries - one the intercept as Chooks had 3 on one threw the long pass instead of through the hands - through the hands they would have scored plus also a bunker no try which was a dubious decision at best and another when Sergis i think was tackled into touch just short of the try line

Ball control /high set completions and quick play the ball speed which got them back into the game vs Broncos- 3.29 seconds / low errors and penalties conceded/ line speed in defence and good kick and chase game
                    Last edited by King Salvo; 04-06-2022, 02:55 AM.

Comment

thrilled togatuki got off - she's as passionate as anyone and i love watching her play.
                      we're a big chance on sunday. if they can reproduce what they did last sunday, a performance that they've always had in them, then we'll win. especially if they can contain donegato like they contained upton last week.

Comment

Our lads would have gained a lot of self belief from last week.

Comment

Sounds like the Roosters are going to lose Hannah Southwell and Yasmin Meakes to the Knights after this season.

Comment

Originally posted by fletch View Post
                            Sounds like the Roosters are going to lose Hannah Southwell and Yasmin Meakes to the Knights after this season.
                            Not officially but looks more than likely it may happen - Chooks lost 9 from the 2020 NRLW squad in the teams sharing players scenario to help the 3 new clubs for the 2021 season that is coming to close on Sunday.

No other current club lost as many players though - how many will they lose this time for the 2022 season which kicks off later this year ?

All players from all the 6 teams are off contract so clubs have to sign 24 players each season - surely that has to change sometime

https://thesportingbase.com/nrl/knig...eakes-pickups/

Comment

Originally posted by King Salvo View Post

Not officially but looks more than likely it may happen - Chooks lost 9 from the 2020 NRLW squad in the teams sharing players scenario to help the 3 new clubs for the 2021 season that is coming to close on Sunday.

No other current club lost as many players though - how many will they lose this time for the 2022 season which kicks off later this year ?

All players from all the 6 teams are off contract so clubs have to sign 24 players each season - surely that has to change sometime

https://thesportingbase.com/nrl/knig...eakes-pickups/
                              with the rapid expansion of the woman's game over the next two years loyalty to club will probably mean even less. can't see things settling down before 2025, after the ten teams are up and running.
                              not ideal, but probably inevitable.

still, by losing a lot of our players we've given some good news ones an opportunity.

Comment

Working...
                              X